Back to Setting Expectations & Assessing Performance Issues

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Setting Expectations & Assessing Performance Issues by University of California, Davis

If you don’t know where you are going, any road will take you there. One of the most important roles of a manager is to ensure everyone knows the destination. The most effective managers set expectations and assess their employees’ performance against those expectations, and take a coaching approach to helping them get to the destination. That’s exactly what you’ll learn to do in this course! You will explore how to collaboratively develop expectations with those you lead. When you encounter expectations that are not being met, you’ll learn how to use "Coaching Algebra" to determine the underlying issues that are impeding performance, and how to respond as a manger-coach. We look forward to you joining us as we explore these essential coaching topics!...

KB
Aug 22, 2018

Great course! I always just assumed that employees knew what was expected of them. Setting expectations (not rules) is so important in today's world. I'm so glad that I found this class. Thank you!

SV
Nov 15, 2020

This course is just spot on! From managers barely hanging on by a thread to those simply looking to make their team the best they can be - you need to take this course! You won't regret it!

26 - 50 of 100 Reviews for Setting Expectations & Assessing Performance Issues

By Emilie S

Jul 2, 2016

This course provided great insight and strategies on how to assess your team.

This training is a must for any manager!

By Maris O

Nov 10, 2020

I really liked this part. All the modules work 100% for me and I am using my new skills on my every day work.

By Francisco J G M

Jun 21, 2017

A great course that takes you hand in hand to set expectations and understand assesing performance issues.

By Giny C

Apr 14, 2020

This course is very practical. It is not only beneficial for managers, but also staff with lower grades.

By Bilal O

May 5, 2020

Thanks for the training, giving insights to me about coaching and how to use its skills as a manager.

By Ma. A T

Nov 14, 2020

Very informative, practical and helpful! Ideal for all newbie and seasoned managers and directors.

By Amal L C

Apr 27, 2020

Excellent content and outstanding Professor. Kris just makes you enjoy the coaching challenges!!!

By Bernard D V

Apr 1, 2020

Great course about coaching, this is excellent for managers who need to improve coaching skills

By Karen A D

Aug 8, 2016

Great course, just loved it. I will definitely be using a lot of what I learned here in my job.

By Ana M

Sep 30, 2017

I feel like I learnt so much in this course! I am excited to do the next course in the spec

By Dan S

Jun 13, 2016

Kris is fantastic. If you are a manager looking to sharpen your skills, look no further. G

By Sevda N

Jun 11, 2020

Very helpful. Learned a lot of thinks and gained new perspective. Thank your very much.

By Bertram

Sep 9, 2017

Great course, powerful content that is very relevant and applicable in the work space

By Reuban V

Apr 22, 2020

It provides us with all the tools necessary to apply the knowledge obtained at work.

By Bridget E

Aug 20, 2018

Everything I needed to know about KPI and expectations! Kris Placky was awesome.

By Robin S

Apr 19, 2018

I really liked this course. It has a good balance between theory and practice.

By maggie B

Jan 13, 2021

Great course . I would recommend this course to other leaders in education.

By James E Z

Oct 17, 2016

Very practical, logical, and delivered in a very effective manner by Kris.

By Goverdhan V

Jan 2, 2020

Course was useful for my profession. Content is very good. Thanks team

By Luigi M

Mar 28, 2019

A great course with topics explained in deep details. Do not miss it!

By Айтбаева А

Aug 21, 2019

Thank you very much for such a valuable information and practice.

By Frédéric V

Feb 5, 2018

Great course, most useful for any manager or professional coach

By cynthia s

Oct 29, 2018

Very helpful , I recommend everyone to finish the 4 courses

By Stephanie K T

Jun 5, 2020

I learned a lot from this course. Highly recommendable!

By Jennifer P

Mar 18, 2018

Excellent material and teaching approach. Very useful.