Back to Problem Solving Using Computational Thinking

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Problem Solving Using Computational Thinking by University of Michigan

Have you ever heard that computers "think"? Believe it or not, computers really do not think. Instead, they do exactly what we tell them to do. Programming is, "telling the computer what to do and how to do it." Before you can think about programming a computer, you need to work out exactly what it is you want to tell the computer to do. Thinking through problems this way is Computational Thinking. Computational Thinking allows us to take complex problems, understand what the problem is, and develop solutions. We can present these solutions in a way that both computers and people can understand. The course includes an introduction to computational thinking and a broad definition of each concept, a series of real-world cases that illustrate how computational thinking can be used to solve complex problems, and a student project that asks you to apply what they are learning about Computational Thinking in a real-world situation. This project will be completed in stages (and milestones) and will also include a final disaster response plan you'll share with other learners like you. This course is designed for anyone who is just beginning programming, is thinking about programming or simply wants to understand a new way of thinking about problems critically. No prior programming is needed. The examples in this course may feel particularly relevant to a High School audience and were designed to be understandable by anyone. You will learn: -To define Computational Thinking components including abstraction, problem identification, decomposition, pattern recognition, algorithms, and evaluating solutions -To recognize Computational Thinking concepts in practice through a series of real-world case examples -To develop solutions through the application of Computational Thinking concepts to real world problems...

HB
May 18, 2021

This course is very dummy-proof. As someone who never learns about computational thinking, this course helps me to understand the materials and the cases provided in a very simple way. Thank you!

RK
May 10, 2021

though the peer review system might trouble you but it was a great learning experience reading others graphical organizers help me understand how there can be a different outlook to same problem

201 - 225 of 268 Reviews for Problem Solving Using Computational Thinking

May 13, 2021

Great

By Ravindu S

Jun 21, 2021

good

By 20EUCB028 P B S

May 23, 2021

Good

By Chethan

Apr 30, 2021

Nice

By Daniele A

Apr 25, 2021

good

By Arpan G

Apr 9, 2021

good

By Mayur T

Feb 7, 2021

Good

By Sreeraj C R

Sep 27, 2020

Good

By Chethan. h b

Apr 30, 2021

Nic

By Inamullah K

Jun 25, 2021

e

By Eleonora B

May 31, 2021

Good course for learing the basics, really friendly to one who knew absolutly nothing about this before starting (like me). A little boring, but it's to be expected by a course like this so I wasn't surprised and all in all it was pretty interesting. I really appreciate the easy explanation, the real life example and the final project.

By Ana P

May 12, 2021

Very interesting course, and the case studies helped by giving perspective on how Computational Thinking is used to solve complex problems. The final project was a bit underwhelming, since there was no example for one of the requirements, which led to a bit of difficulty understanding what was asked and how to grade it.

By Isabel C N d S

May 7, 2021

Great course for an introduction to computational thinking! I feel that I can add what I have learned in my life, changing my perspective about how to address real problems. But if I want to incorporate programming as well, I think I will need a more advanced course.

By Mohammed S M

Apr 19, 2021

Good case study examples that show how computational thinking helps solving problems. However, few instructors' language was a little difficult to comprehend, but overall a good experience and valuable information has been obtained.

By Bhagyoday M

Apr 22, 2021

This was a very nice course, I really enjoyed that course. I'm glad to took or enrolled for this course. I like the course and the quizzes in video and the practice tests.

By Joseph F

May 17, 2021

I really enjoyed this course. I have learned the techniques to tackling problems (especially in a way that the computer will interpret) in this computer age.

By Jerome L

May 24, 2021

This course is great for those who have troubles how to solve a problem. The course teaches you how to break down a big problem and manage it step by step.

By Pankaj D

May 6, 2021

The course content was good and well explained. But I expected it to be more rigorous. Many videos had repetition of same content

By Russell W

May 12, 2021

I enjoyed the course it gave a good foundation on to problem solve and to develop an algorithmic model.

By Mạnh P

Sep 12, 2021

help me how to solve a problem in a dynamic and resonable way!! i have a good time with that course

By Effah A

Jun 4, 2021

T​HIS COURSE MAKES YOU THINK AND ALWAYS FIND SOLUTIONS TO PROBLEMS.

I​ RECOMMEND FOR EVERYONE