Back to The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

TS
Aug 5, 2019

This was a very fun course! I really enjoyed the style and pace of the information given. A lot of technical information was given while the course made it easy to take in and comprehend the material!

AA
Mar 25, 2020

Great course. It is great for beginners and for people that may have forgotten a thing or two. The way it was taught makes it so much better than reading man pages or something else as dry and boring.

6926 - 6950 of 7,379 Reviews for The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

By Gerardo A

Apr 24, 2020

The course is exciting and gets more technical as it goes thru the concepts of how the computer communicates with the network. I find it hard to understand some things that are new to me and needs to be researched further. I am getting interested with the topics that is why I am moving forward to the next course to see how far I can go.

By Beau H

May 13, 2021

5/13/2021 - The language used to frame questions versus the language used to identify terminology made this course as taxing on the mind as the CompTIA N10-007 Network+ exam. This course also covers a decent amount of tech with WILL be discontinued in a year or less. while networking isn't my strongest field, this was fairly difficult.

By Alexander W

Dec 19, 2020

This one is really really really hard to grasp. I dreaded this course to be entirely honest. You definitely need more practical in the work place examples. And if you can, more lab work for this course specifically. It is still very hard to grasp and I will definitely still be learning the basics even after completing the certificate.

By Josiah S

Feb 19, 2020

Tough course, was a bit frustrating at times that there isn't more literature to be referred to instead of having to skip through a video in order to find a fraction of a sentence that a question is based on. Otherwise an alright course. Did a decent job of breaking down otherwise dense material in an understandable fashion.

By Utkarsh w

Apr 11, 2019

This is just a suggestion but wish if this course was more interactive and practically oriented. There could be limitations but it would certainly be nice for any kind of lab to be incorporated in this module. Networking, I feel can't be theoretically learnt but only with digging the hands in the real world scenarios.

By John S

Dec 20, 2020

The pace of this course is WAY too fast! A lot of these topics (how servers share information, how routing and subnetting work) are only covered in the span of a week.

While I understand the goal of the course is only to give a basic understanding of the provided topics, the time allowed does not help with that goal.

By Inés M

Aug 28, 2020

El nivel de dificultad es bastante elevado comparado con el anterior curso de este programa, además hay algunos vídeos que no tienen subtítulos en ningún idioma, lo que hace que sea más difícil tomar notas. Eso sí, el profesor es muy agradable y hace los vídeos muy amenos. En general, es difícil pero muy interesante.

By Kevin W

Apr 7, 2021

There's a goldmine of information here - which is awesome. Though a lot of it is challenging to wrap your head around; a concept is introduced, and while you're still digesting the information you get even more knowledge dumped on your lap. I would love to see more interactive components to drive the knowledge home.

By Tomas M

Jul 25, 2020

The material is very well organized, the instructor explains very well in a clear manner . The course allow to cover a lot of aspects of computer networking, however I am a little dissapointed since there could be more practical exercises. I was expecting more practical labs instead of those theoretical queries.

By Kelly L D

Mar 10, 2020

A tradução em muito pontos está ruim e dificultou a minha aprendizagem. Penso que poderiam ter trabalhado com mais exemplos gráficos e interativos. O curso ficou muito fixado em texto. Penso que tive dificuldades com isso. O professor poderia explicar os exemplos diretos de um computador ou de um quadro branco,

By DeVaughn H

Dec 12, 2020

A lot of information thrown at an individual very quickly, with some lacking in depth or practical examples. Enthusiastic speakers are not everything. Sometimes the videos need to be a few minutes longer in order to go over certain examples in depth & recap information for a well rounded understanding...

By Sharath C R

Good course. Lots of information. The trainer has to convey few interesting facts in between. There are no fun facts and the trainer has made this course dry and boring. It requires a lot of interest and dedication to complete this course. I request the trainer to make this course more lively to learn.

By Jason

Dec 31, 2020

I believe this course goes into a little too much detail. I don't think an IT support person really needs to know/understand the ins and outs of DNS to do their day-to-day job. And I definitely don't think anybody other than Network Engineers really need to know about how what TCP headers look like.

By Suzana C

Apr 23, 2020

There is a lot of information to digest in this course. I would have liked to have the information more interactive, like with the graded assessment labs, to get a better grasp. Actually interacting with the lessons/video sections is more informative for me than just watching someone talk at me.

By Judel V

Oct 13, 2020

Though the knowledge you gain from this course is substantial, how it was delivered was poor. Victor, though I know he's an expert at what he does, he had lacked so much definitions and concepts and context to some of the lessons, which I needed to watch so much videos from other sources about.

By Lê L N

May 10, 2021

I really love the course but the amount of knowledge is just too huge. Ans although I really love the course, I have had hard time putting all those information inside my head. I really hope I can use these information to get an entry job or just simply put it in practice. Thank you google

By Larry L

Sep 1, 2020

The course has a lot of great information. It is relatively good, but there needs to be more review other than watching the same videos. If you miss something on the test, it just tells you to review an entire group of videos rather than what you had trouble with. Overall decent course.

By John E

Aug 16, 2020

It shows you a lot you need to know obviously, but how can I use this in the workforce? I wish it were more simplified because it left me confused with what I need to know. Rather it shows you every aspect of it. Idk really I guess I would find out if I retained any of it in the future.

By H E B

Apr 9, 2020

This was my first online course. I needed to do outside reading to pass some quizzes. To understand material, I need practical problem solving examples, but I'm not sure how to get that experience or where to go with questions. Perhaps these are issues inherent to online learning.

By Keagan L

Nov 2, 2020

Its a OK course. I'm not into networking and i don't plan to get into it. I often found myself looking at more YouTube videos to teach me during this course than the guy trying to teach it. Its pretty obvious hes reading off a teleprompter, it doesn't feel natural at all.

By Nathan F

Sep 1, 2020

There was a lot of typos in all the graphs and charts, the audio levels were all over the place, and it seemed like to the guy teaching it just read from a teleprompter and has never taught students before. I expected better from google but I was able to get through it.

By Andrew R

Jul 20, 2020

This course is tough. I think the general ideas within the course are easily understandable but the use of clinical definitions instead of an emphasis on commonly used vernacular hurt the delivery of the information and made the ideas come off more complex than needed.

By Yancy A

Oct 14, 2020

The IP route and pathing quiz really got me frustrated as I went back several times to understand it. Maybe a better example instead of 2 to the power of 8 or subets path better explained. Enjoyed seeing how this course was beneficial and understanding as I finished.

By Cleve J G

Jan 31, 2018

A topic as complex as networking struggles to be taught by video only. This course would benefit from more interactive exercises scattered throughout to reinforce the concepts discussed in the videos. Overall, a well-thought-out course full of valuable information.

By Emely W

Oct 15, 2019

The explanation of routing is rather confusing by reading numbers the whole time and the lack of illustration to explain the complex matter for beginners. I had to watch several youtube videos on the subject matter to understand better. It can be better, keep it up!