Back to The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

JP

Jan 25, 2018

A lot of information, but i feel like i fully understand core networking concepts. A lot of this info has helped me comprehend what will be required for me when I take my Network + certification exam.

AM

Feb 18, 2020

Apply yourself to these terms and concepts and you will gain knowledge that is presented in a very understandable way. Watch and rewatch the course videos and I promise it will all start making sense!

7876 - 7900 of 8,428 Reviews for The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

By Eboni A

Nov 10, 2020

This course went deep and had a lot of information in the form of numbers and acronyms. More visual aids would have been helpful instead of just watching someone on screen spew a ton of information. Overall, this certificate/series of courses could use more teaching aids such as downloadable worksheets or something to help memorize protocols, rules, how many bits something has, etc. It's nice to be challenged but I will have to buy some courses from Udemy for further support in learning and mastering this content.

By Anthony T

Oct 12, 2020

I appreciated that each week had broken up different aspects of networking and went deep on the terms, and history of the technologies. It was a really tough module in comparison to the last, and it would have been helpful to have more "lab work" environments or homework assignments to get a feel for how these commands and protocols work or differ from one another. Glad to be finished with this one, though I think I'll need to revisit it soon to refresh myself on all of the concepts.

By 2 B 4 C

Jan 11, 2021

Good Material to Learn, but nothing that really made it stick, even compared to the first course, which had just a little bit of hands-on experience with vms, I felt, and still feel almost completely clueless about networking as a whole, I do understand what many of the terms mean, and what they do, and how they affect each other, but putting it all together to make the bigger picture just blurs it all together, making for a much less interesting course than the first one

By Andreas H

Apr 15, 2020

I've read a few reviews. Part of the course was easy to understand for me. I'd like to stress that the educational presentation of the course content does not live up to the video quality (audio, video resolution, lighting, topic structure, narration speed...). Compared to the first course in IT Support Fundamentals, I found this course more frustrating and discouraging. It felt like you're learning with a math teacher who doesn't stop to explain things on your level.

By Jennifer S

Jul 27, 2020

Your instructions for subnetting are woefully inadequate. Nowhere do you discuss details of the step-by-step process used, and this is vitally important in order to better understand and utilize subnets. For a layman, the brief explanation and charts used here did nothing more than confuse me even more to the point of tears. I had to find other videos online that broke it down for me with much greater detail in order to fully understand and implement the process.

By Iona G

Jun 3, 2018

I didn't feel like the videos prepared me for the assignments at the end. I know that you should supplement your learning with researching yourself, but I didn't even know what to look up to get the answers I needed. This was particularly the case for subnetting. I do feel like I have a much better knowledge of networking now than I did before starting, but I feel like there were a lot of things that I didn't really grasp as well as I would like to.

By James R K

Mar 5, 2018

Very detailed and focused course covering a lot of good material. Some of the material was difficult to grasp and would have been easier to retain with some more hands on examples. The process by which datagrams travel from source to destination is one that could use some refinement. The interactive quizzes were fun, if a little difficult at times. Very informative course, even from someone like me who has previous knowledge of some of the material.

By Casey T

Oct 22, 2019

This course is a huge information dump. Get ready to have your brain overloaded by information and more acronyms than you can shake a stick at. The data was VERY interesting to me so I enjoyed learning it, but some videos require multiple watches to retain the info. There is very little practice for the quizzes as well which is annoying. You will understand how the internet works after this course. I do recommend it but not for the faint of heart.

By Mohamed A

Apr 12, 2019

I have benefited from this course only general information but I wish the scientific side be more theoretical but in general a good course in which the amount of useful information and I as an engineer strongly advise and know, yes I can follow up in taking more courses for two reasons

1. The knowledge is activated and increased

2. Gain experience in your field of work and gain and prove in the company that you have passed the professional course

By Andrea B G

Jul 3, 2020

There was a lot of information to cover here but I wish there hadn't been so much jargon thrown around only to be told "don't worry about it right now, we'll cover it in another module/course". It just overwhelms people if they're brand new to this. I did enjoy the interactive or practice exercises like compressing the IPv6 addresses and felt that that was the kind of hands-on learning that could have pushed this course on to a higher rating.

By Michael D

Dec 9, 2021

I think this was a very thick section with tons of vocabulary, mostly memorizing acronyms. I feel like although I have a bunch of knowledge about how things work, actually understanding how to apply these things is an entirely seperate manner. I would have liked to see more labs instead of just endless narration, however there were some really great visuals that did a great job at explaining some of the more difficult to understand concepts.

By Eimer P F

This course was a really tough one for me, I had to search on external sources to fully understand some concepts, mostly I watched YouTube videos. I hate the way how the instructor speaks; I personally think it's too annoying. Besides those things, I've got to say that I've learned a lot during this course, I still have some gaps on the topics of networking but I also think I have to put some extra effort by myself on getting to know more.

By Heidi S

May 16, 2022

T​his course needs to be updated. It's easy to tell that it was made in 2017 because many of the additional reading materials were old articles, and the discussion about how some IPv4 addresses were set to run out by 2018, "oops," made it even more clear. Please update the course, because it's a very important and useful course, and I'm concerned that what I'm learning is not as relevant compared to what the standards are today.

By Curtis B B

May 7, 2019

The instructor is difficult to understand, at times, with the way he speaks and breaks up sentences. It was good information to learn I just wish it would've been delivered in a way a beginner (with technology) could understand. If a method can be developed that lets the student relate to the material in their own personal way than I believe it would be better absorbed. I had to watch and re-watch a lot of videos.

By Steve L

Feb 16, 2021

I found this course challenging. They bombard you with information in a few videos and then expect you to know everything during a test. The first 3 weeks were really tough. Maybe it's because I've always struggled with Networking but I found the course difficult, well the first half of it anyways. I completed it though but have come to a realization that I wont be pursuing a career in networking any time soon.

By Cameron M

Apr 15, 2018

While I learned a great deal from this course, it was extremely challenging. More visual aids and examples could have been provided to show where and how certain aspects are used opposed to verbally explaining them with minimal diagrams. I believe the instructor did the best they could with the written material. Take lots of notes and look for outside resources such as youtube and the discussion forum.

By Chetan P

Decent course overall, one one thing I found lacking was applied knowledge. Also, in week 6 where it teaches you about troubleshooting completely glosses over checking issues at the physical layer which is important. Why? I work in front line support at an ISP, and the first things we check for is to see if the modem, router, and lines going to the home, and coax outlets are all working as it should.

By Andrew S

Feb 3, 2021

The course was very informational but heads up.... the final quizzes for each week are unnecessarily difficult. In addition they have a large amount of trick questions with answers to questions they didn't even go over. and they also spit the terminology out really fast and present it in a complex way rather than organizing and simplifying information. So if you're prepared for that then your good.

By lisa h

Dec 3, 2019

Great information. I am a visual learner, so maybe you can put more graphics in. BUT the big reason I only gave 3 stars is on the quiz Network Basic, the system would not let me chick on the answers. I did flag it but It has not changed. I also tried on different computers and systems. I have tried multiple times but still get a 0 on the test. PLEASE, PLEASE fix this problem. Thank you

By Christopher A

Mar 25, 2021

There is a lot of material that is thrown at you and unfortunately it is taught by a guy just sitting there and talking to you. If there were more visuals to help those of us that are visual learners to better understand the material then the course would be more enjoyable. Good information but it is a bog to go through if you don't like to listen to someone just sit there and talk.

By Three H

Oct 13, 2019

The network is one of my weakness field. It's really hard and full of details, most of it also is the theories which is hard to understand and explain or teach. This course needs more exercise or practice assignments to make the learners grab the concept of networking more clearly. As for me, I think I only understand about 1/4 or 1/5 of what has already explained in this course.

By Miguel C

Jan 29, 2020

the subnetting part of the course was challenging mainly because i dont think the lesson taught for subnetting was good enough for a beginner to grasp and learn. I had to go to other resources to learn subnetting, this should not be the case, the course should be effective enough that i learn and grasp it enough to pass the quiz and test that comes with the course at a minimum.

By Ahmed E

Mar 13, 2019

I really feel like you can do better with providing more samples and explanations for the learning. It becomes much to repetitive and found that I could retain and pay more attention by looking up the same info on YouTube. I do like some of the concepts your tryin to employ but feel like having way more hands son modules and way less talking is a better way to learn and retain.

By Marcus S

May 9, 2020

I enjoyed taking the course but I think to help future users there should be more diagrams and charts related to what the speaker is talking about. As well as real world correlation at the end of each module that kind of gives you an idea about the teachings. For example showing actual nodes, hubs, fiber optic cables, etc... literally showing images of these items.

By Ravi C

Dec 23, 2021

So Some concepts are introduced well- in simpler language but in general, course is a bit beginner/introductory level. You can find so many videos on youtube related to network+/CCNA that will teach you WAY more than this specially about a topic like subnetting. I won't suggest naming this course as IT support PROFESSIONAL at all. At best, its a beginner level.