Back to The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

AM

Mar 29, 2020

what an amazing course, so much information and yet so easy to understand, would recommend going over a few of the videos and supplemental reading a few times, take the time needed, it'll be worth it.

ME

Jul 31, 2020

i learned so much even after i took CCNA i had some vague points, but this course made thing clearer to me looking , it even made me interested to complete the whole google it support specialization .

7876 - 7900 of 8,409 Reviews for The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

By lisa h

Dec 3, 2019

Great information. I am a visual learner, so maybe you can put more graphics in. BUT the big reason I only gave 3 stars is on the quiz Network Basic, the system would not let me chick on the answers. I did flag it but It has not changed. I also tried on different computers and systems. I have tried multiple times but still get a 0 on the test. PLEASE, PLEASE fix this problem. Thank you

By Christopher A

Mar 25, 2021

There is a lot of material that is thrown at you and unfortunately it is taught by a guy just sitting there and talking to you. If there were more visuals to help those of us that are visual learners to better understand the material then the course would be more enjoyable. Good information but it is a bog to go through if you don't like to listen to someone just sit there and talk.

By Three H

Oct 13, 2019

The network is one of my weakness field. It's really hard and full of details, most of it also is the theories which is hard to understand and explain or teach. This course needs more exercise or practice assignments to make the learners grab the concept of networking more clearly. As for me, I think I only understand about 1/4 or 1/5 of what has already explained in this course.

By Miguel C

Jan 29, 2020

the subnetting part of the course was challenging mainly because i dont think the lesson taught for subnetting was good enough for a beginner to grasp and learn. I had to go to other resources to learn subnetting, this should not be the case, the course should be effective enough that i learn and grasp it enough to pass the quiz and test that comes with the course at a minimum.

By Ahmed E

Mar 13, 2019

I really feel like you can do better with providing more samples and explanations for the learning. It becomes much to repetitive and found that I could retain and pay more attention by looking up the same info on YouTube. I do like some of the concepts your tryin to employ but feel like having way more hands son modules and way less talking is a better way to learn and retain.

By Marcus S

May 9, 2020

I enjoyed taking the course but I think to help future users there should be more diagrams and charts related to what the speaker is talking about. As well as real world correlation at the end of each module that kind of gives you an idea about the teachings. For example showing actual nodes, hubs, fiber optic cables, etc... literally showing images of these items.

By Ravi C

Dec 23, 2021

So Some concepts are introduced well- in simpler language but in general, course is a bit beginner/introductory level. You can find so many videos on youtube related to network+/CCNA that will teach you WAY more than this specially about a topic like subnetting. I won't suggest naming this course as IT support PROFESSIONAL at all. At best, its a beginner level.

By matyman69

Aug 14, 2018

I seriously want to give this course 5 stars, it was really good, the instructor was kinda funny but very understandable and relatable. The only reason why I can't give it higher than 3 stars is the neon lights in the background. It caused such intense headaches and migraines for me that I rushed through the program as fast as I could to get away from that.

By Cameron M M

Jan 13, 2020

It felt very rushed at times. I feel they could use better examples for learning, such as comparisons with everyday objects or processes. One example I found outside of the course was the comparison of a router being the brain and the switch being the nervous system. That's what I think make it easier since I'm not working with this stuff in real life yet.

By Jacob R

Mar 26, 2019

The use of more visuals would help with more detailed parts of the course. Thing such as subnet masking, how the breakdown of packets being sent from one node to the next. The interactive part of the final exam in each section was great and I would like to see more of those throughout the learning experience. Hands on experience makes learning much easier.

By Eduardo J G G

Apr 5, 2022

Compared to the first and previous course, this was a big jump that I believe Google was not able to properly introduce, and I can understand why. It is incredibly extensive and more complicated.But honestly I can't recommend or expect anyone to leave satisfied, so just try your best and finish this learning when you do your Net+ certificate with ComptiA.

By Bernard S

Aug 15, 2020

Great course overall, but there were moments on tests where I chose the correct answer and it was marked wrong, but when I redo the test and choose the same answer, it's suddenly right. Also, sometimes the correct answer wasn't even an option. Finally, when you're told where you can find the correct answer, you sometimes end up looking in the wrong place.

By Ercan E

Most of the definitions are not clear and vague, they were not clearly and properly explained. To understand the topic I had to Google constantly other sources and Youtube videos, where the same topic was explained much better, clearer and with a better structure.

Most of the lectures are theoretical and does not have any practical side on real life.

By Rimmon G

May 10, 2018

This course is very useful and the complicated information was represented in great easy way, however

there is almost little real skills, like connecting two networks, configuring router, how to connect a domain name to a server and a lot, of-course the theoretical side is important but, i ended up with this course and don't know how to connect a cable

By Alexander l

Jul 24, 2021

There is a lot I liked about this course and networking can be a heavy subject (network engineers are often very high paid in IT field for a very good reason) it does simplified it down. I just wish especially on some of the longer videos it stop and asked question making sure you were paying attention and absorbing all the data being thrown at you.

By David M

Sep 23, 2020

The Subnetting section was the only place where I felt that it was poorly explained and really felt stuck. I was forced to look elsewhere for answers and still do not feel wholly comfortably in my grasp of subnets.

Also, the video transcriptions were absolutely riddled with typos, many of which actively hindered my understanding of the subject.

By Scotty

Jul 31, 2018

I am pretty sure one of the quiz modules was bugged, because I spent about a solid 10 hours trying to do it yesterday and non of them were correct, and today I got all 5 correct in 5 less then 5 minutes. And the lessons weren't as informative as they could have been, you definitely need to do outside research to learn some of the material.

By Jeff D

Apr 5, 2019

There are some areas that aren't explained that well, that probably aren't that important that testing goes over heavily. Or questions in graded assignments that were very briefly covered in 1 sentence but had multiple questions. I'm starting to feel this is more of just a money grab by google at this point, but am hopeful moving forward.

By Gerardo A

Apr 24, 2020

The course is exciting and gets more technical as it goes thru the concepts of how the computer communicates with the network. I find it hard to understand some things that are new to me and needs to be researched further. I am getting interested with the topics that is why I am moving forward to the next course to see how far I can go.

By Beau H

May 13, 2021

5/13/2021 - The language used to frame questions versus the language used to identify terminology made this course as taxing on the mind as the CompTIA N10-007 Network+ exam. This course also covers a decent amount of tech with WILL be discontinued in a year or less. while networking isn't my strongest field, this was fairly difficult.

By Alexander W

Dec 19, 2020

This one is really really really hard to grasp. I dreaded this course to be entirely honest. You definitely need more practical in the work place examples. And if you can, more lab work for this course specifically. It is still very hard to grasp and I will definitely still be learning the basics even after completing the certificate.

By Josiah S

Feb 19, 2020

Tough course, was a bit frustrating at times that there isn't more literature to be referred to instead of having to skip through a video in order to find a fraction of a sentence that a question is based on. Otherwise an alright course. Did a decent job of breaking down otherwise dense material in an understandable fashion.

By Utkarsh w

Apr 11, 2019

This is just a suggestion but wish if this course was more interactive and practically oriented. There could be limitations but it would certainly be nice for any kind of lab to be incorporated in this module. Networking, I feel can't be theoretically learnt but only with digging the hands in the real world scenarios.

By John S

Dec 20, 2020

The pace of this course is WAY too fast! A lot of these topics (how servers share information, how routing and subnetting work) are only covered in the span of a week.

While I understand the goal of the course is only to give a basic understanding of the provided topics, the time allowed does not help with that goal.

By Inés M

Aug 28, 2020

El nivel de dificultad es bastante elevado comparado con el anterior curso de este programa, además hay algunos vídeos que no tienen subtítulos en ningún idioma, lo que hace que sea más difícil tomar notas. Eso sí, el profesor es muy agradable y hace los vídeos muy amenos. En general, es difícil pero muy interesante.