Back to The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

AM

Mar 29, 2020

what an amazing course, so much information and yet so easy to understand, would recommend going over a few of the videos and supplemental reading a few times, take the time needed, it'll be worth it.

BC

Jun 23, 2018

I loved this course. When I had issues support was awesome sauce. I really enjoyed the puns this instructor used to keep you from going off in a daze. I really wish I would have found Coursera sooner.

7901 - 7925 of 8,421 Reviews for The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

By Alexander l

Jul 24, 2021

There is a lot I liked about this course and networking can be a heavy subject (network engineers are often very high paid in IT field for a very good reason) it does simplified it down. I just wish especially on some of the longer videos it stop and asked question making sure you were paying attention and absorbing all the data being thrown at you.

By David M

Sep 23, 2020

The Subnetting section was the only place where I felt that it was poorly explained and really felt stuck. I was forced to look elsewhere for answers and still do not feel wholly comfortably in my grasp of subnets.

Also, the video transcriptions were absolutely riddled with typos, many of which actively hindered my understanding of the subject.

By Scotty

Jul 31, 2018

I am pretty sure one of the quiz modules was bugged, because I spent about a solid 10 hours trying to do it yesterday and non of them were correct, and today I got all 5 correct in 5 less then 5 minutes. And the lessons weren't as informative as they could have been, you definitely need to do outside research to learn some of the material.

By Jeff D

Apr 5, 2019

There are some areas that aren't explained that well, that probably aren't that important that testing goes over heavily. Or questions in graded assignments that were very briefly covered in 1 sentence but had multiple questions. I'm starting to feel this is more of just a money grab by google at this point, but am hopeful moving forward.

By Gerardo A

Apr 24, 2020

The course is exciting and gets more technical as it goes thru the concepts of how the computer communicates with the network. I find it hard to understand some things that are new to me and needs to be researched further. I am getting interested with the topics that is why I am moving forward to the next course to see how far I can go.

By Beau H

May 13, 2021

5/13/2021 - The language used to frame questions versus the language used to identify terminology made this course as taxing on the mind as the CompTIA N10-007 Network+ exam. This course also covers a decent amount of tech with WILL be discontinued in a year or less. while networking isn't my strongest field, this was fairly difficult.

By Alexander W

Dec 19, 2020

This one is really really really hard to grasp. I dreaded this course to be entirely honest. You definitely need more practical in the work place examples. And if you can, more lab work for this course specifically. It is still very hard to grasp and I will definitely still be learning the basics even after completing the certificate.

By Josiah S

Feb 19, 2020

Tough course, was a bit frustrating at times that there isn't more literature to be referred to instead of having to skip through a video in order to find a fraction of a sentence that a question is based on. Otherwise an alright course. Did a decent job of breaking down otherwise dense material in an understandable fashion.

By Utkarsh w

Apr 11, 2019

This is just a suggestion but wish if this course was more interactive and practically oriented. There could be limitations but it would certainly be nice for any kind of lab to be incorporated in this module. Networking, I feel can't be theoretically learnt but only with digging the hands in the real world scenarios.

By John S

Dec 20, 2020

The pace of this course is WAY too fast! A lot of these topics (how servers share information, how routing and subnetting work) are only covered in the span of a week.

While I understand the goal of the course is only to give a basic understanding of the provided topics, the time allowed does not help with that goal.

By Inés M

Aug 28, 2020

El nivel de dificultad es bastante elevado comparado con el anterior curso de este programa, además hay algunos vídeos que no tienen subtítulos en ningún idioma, lo que hace que sea más difícil tomar notas. Eso sí, el profesor es muy agradable y hace los vídeos muy amenos. En general, es difícil pero muy interesante.

By Kevin W

Apr 7, 2021

There's a goldmine of information here - which is awesome. Though a lot of it is challenging to wrap your head around; a concept is introduced, and while you're still digesting the information you get even more knowledge dumped on your lap. I would love to see more interactive components to drive the knowledge home.

By Tomas M

Jul 25, 2020

The material is very well organized, the instructor explains very well in a clear manner . The course allow to cover a lot of aspects of computer networking, however I am a little dissapointed since there could be more practical exercises. I was expecting more practical labs instead of those theoretical queries.

By Kelly L D

Mar 10, 2020

A tradução em muito pontos está ruim e dificultou a minha aprendizagem. Penso que poderiam ter trabalhado com mais exemplos gráficos e interativos. O curso ficou muito fixado em texto. Penso que tive dificuldades com isso. O professor poderia explicar os exemplos diretos de um computador ou de um quadro branco,

By DeVaughn H

Dec 12, 2020

A lot of information thrown at an individual very quickly, with some lacking in depth or practical examples. Enthusiastic speakers are not everything. Sometimes the videos need to be a few minutes longer in order to go over certain examples in depth & recap information for a well rounded understanding...

By Sharath C R

Good course. Lots of information. The trainer has to convey few interesting facts in between. There are no fun facts and the trainer has made this course dry and boring. It requires a lot of interest and dedication to complete this course. I request the trainer to make this course more lively to learn.

By Jason

Dec 31, 2020

I believe this course goes into a little too much detail. I don't think an IT support person really needs to know/understand the ins and outs of DNS to do their day-to-day job. And I definitely don't think anybody other than Network Engineers really need to know about how what TCP headers look like.

By Suzana C

Apr 23, 2020

There is a lot of information to digest in this course. I would have liked to have the information more interactive, like with the graded assessment labs, to get a better grasp. Actually interacting with the lessons/video sections is more informative for me than just watching someone talk at me.

By Judel V

Oct 13, 2020

Though the knowledge you gain from this course is substantial, how it was delivered was poor. Victor, though I know he's an expert at what he does, he had lacked so much definitions and concepts and context to some of the lessons, which I needed to watch so much videos from other sources about.

By Lê L N

May 10, 2021

I really love the course but the amount of knowledge is just too huge. Ans although I really love the course, I have had hard time putting all those information inside my head. I really hope I can use these information to get an entry job or just simply put it in practice. Thank you google

By Larry L

Sep 1, 2020

The course has a lot of great information. It is relatively good, but there needs to be more review other than watching the same videos. If you miss something on the test, it just tells you to review an entire group of videos rather than what you had trouble with. Overall decent course.

By joran f

May 13, 2022

while the content is good, the exams are abit pointless to a point

meaning some of the questions are about an item which was covered for around 10 seconds only and it is unresonabile to expect humans to absorve and meomrize random facts which where briefly and i mean very briefly covered.

By John E

Aug 16, 2020

It shows you a lot you need to know obviously, but how can I use this in the workforce? I wish it were more simplified because it left me confused with what I need to know. Rather it shows you every aspect of it. Idk really I guess I would find out if I retained any of it in the future.

By H E B

Apr 9, 2020

This was my first online course. I needed to do outside reading to pass some quizzes. To understand material, I need practical problem solving examples, but I'm not sure how to get that experience or where to go with questions. Perhaps these are issues inherent to online learning.

By Keagan L

Nov 2, 2020

Its a OK course. I'm not into networking and i don't plan to get into it. I often found myself looking at more YouTube videos to teach me during this course than the guy trying to teach it. Its pretty obvious hes reading off a teleprompter, it doesn't feel natural at all.