Back to The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

ME

Aug 01, 2020

i learned so much even after i took CCNA i had some vague points, but this course made thing clearer to me looking , it even made me interested to complete the whole google it support specialization .

AM

Feb 19, 2020

Apply yourself to these terms and concepts and you will gain knowledge that is presented in a very understandable way. Watch and rewatch the course videos and I promise it will all start making sense!

101 - 125 of 4,622 Reviews for The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

By James P

Apr 10, 2020

I have been in and around IT world since 1988 - in many roles: as a user superuser help desk call center manager public school teacher - I learned so many of the things I THOUGHT I already knew. But waht I knew was just a surface understanding - ping google to see if network is up. Now I actually have seen how and why ping works - which is crazy I have been pinging for years - but had never popped the hood to see the engine of how it works until now. Thanks

By Timber S

Jan 25, 2018

This was by far the best of all the courses; it actually took you through a full rundown of all the technologies in use (excepting in depth coverage of things like bgp), and actually had up to date quizzes that were in far better states than the rest of the courses. The person explaining technologies in the videos also managed to do so in a way that actually conveyed information in a learning fashion, not just information dumping like a lot of the others.

By Lloyd W

I am at home now because of the Covid-19, and this is a great opportunity for me to brush up my IT skills I forgot few years ago.I have completed two courses in two weeks, and I am planning to finish the other three courses in next three weeks. If you are at home now with free time , this is a great opportunity to learn a new skills with this Networking course. I highly recommend. In the mean time I am studying for Comptia Network + exam. Thank You.

By ann m m

Apr 29, 2018

I loved this course. I thought it was so well laid out and the instructor was wonderful. I liked the way the instructor introduced concepts gradually and then kept building upon the knowledge I had gained before. Make no mistake, there is a huge uptick in difficulty from the previous course. If you are new(er) to this stuff, you will be poring over the material into the wee hours, just trying to understand. It's worth it though; keep trucking!

By Dale S

May 12, 2019

There is a LOT of technical information in this course, but it's fed to you in a sensible manner with pretty good explanations. You can always rewatch videos, pause to take notes, and even Google additional explanations if you don't understand how it's explained in the videos. This stuff is the basis of all networking and how networks work. Take your time, take good notes and watch videos as many times as needed to understand the concepts.

By Deven E

Great course. I enjoy learning and the option to stop and take a break. Catch up and take notes. That is a really great option for note taking. highlighting the areas that are important then being able to print ... saves writing it down with my illegible handwriting. The instructors make me feel like its ok not to understand a concept at first. I can review the information and get additional readings to firmly grasp the concepts. Love it!

By Karen S

Apr 12, 2018

I learned a lot this course. At first I wasn’t understanding anything at all and it felt the instructor just rambled on. But throughout the course , the instructor kept reminding that its a lot of info to grasp & to relax and follow through. He did a lot of repetitive teaching & reminders of what was responsible for what. It really helped a lot and I could clearly and fully understand everything by the end.

GREAT INSTRUCTOR ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

By Rodney O C

Feb 28, 2020

This is in no way an easy course that one can float through, but one that requires absorbing the information and owning it. Routing and subnets were challenging for me because of my lack in that space, but reviewing the videos and the supplemental readings helped me in getting over that obstacle. Thank you for making sure that I become a will rounded IT Support. Looking forward to Course 3. Let's go! Thank you Google and Coursera.

By Nathan D C P

Feb 19, 2019

I found it to be a very challenging course, I'm not sure how much I will use the skills I've learnt here, but it never hurts to have them at your disposal. I feel extremely rewarded and proud to of finished this course. One last thing, the cloud graph diagram thing on the week 2 final quiz is ridiculously hard for new comers and experienced professionals. It should really be the week 6 final quiz because it deters a lot of people.

By Tobias L

Mar 23, 2018

Much better than Network+ Not a bunch of memorization of a Comptia Objectives list but, actual practical knowledge. I appreciate this course so much. It also explained concepts of networking in a way I could understand. There were terms and other stuff I had studied before but, didn't actually understand until this course. Even though I thought I did and I was taught some of those things by an actual person! Go figure. Thank you!

By William J W

May 22, 2019

What a great course! This was challenging and engaging. I really learned a lot. I knew some of what occurred during networking. This course really opened up my eyes. I was able to learn all of the little things that go on behind the scenes during data transfer and how networks operate. From routers and switches to domains, WLAN, and more! A must-have course for those interested in learning all of the in's and out's of networking.

By Preda

May 27, 2019

The part I praise the most about this course is the instructor. His energy and enthusiasm shows in his delivery of the content. The content is the second best part of this course and it was just right for someone like me who is very new to computer networking. There is a lot of content, which is expected as this field is vast and this course does a great job of condensing aspects of computer networking in a comprehensive way.

By Anastasia M

Aug 04, 2020

Great course! So much information on such a complicated subject. Never found this theme interesting, but the way it was all taught here changed my attitude. It was really exciting to explore all these details. I still have a feeling that I need to revise this material, but now I can confidently say that I understand in general what's going on there with bits and bytes in the network. The tutor is really appealing, thank you!

By Guilherme M

Sep 17, 2020

Curso muito bom. Altamente explicativo, com grande quantidade de informações técnicas de qualidade que me encorajam a acreditar numa empresa de tecnologia. Vejo o grande esforço em cada pequeno movimento desta grande engranegem que é a tecnologia.

A cada etapa concluída, vi ficar mais claro o funcionamento de redes de comutadores, consegui compreender de verdade o uso de protocolos, portas, meios físicos... Muito toooop! :)

By Ahmed I

The journey was amazing. The topics are very useful, vey well categorized. Instructor was superb. But in "The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking" course was really hard and so deep theory included. I learned so many interesting topics. There are OSI Model, All layers deep info, Subnetting, deep knowledge of IPv4 & IPv6, DNS, Cloud Computing, Wireless Networking and so on. At the end of day that was awesome experience.

By Timothy C

Feb 27, 2020

This is an excellent course for preparation on computer networking. This course has been very beneficial to me especially after obtaining my Network+ certification. The theoretical knowledge from my preparation for the exam helped me to have a much better understanding regarding the connections between the networking concepts and also covered some new material that I have not gone over during my preparation as well.

By Caleb A

Jun 03, 2018

This course was definitely a step up from the previous course. I was a little worried as I went through Course 1 that the rest of the courses wouldn't go into enough technical detail, but I have been presently surprised. Overall, this course did an excellent job of conveying the information and reinforcing the topics through the use of quizzes and activities. I am really looking forward to the rest of the courses!

By Brandon M

Sep 03, 2020

Coursera really does a great job of breaking things down for the student to understand. The advantage of having a pre-recorded video instructor is that I can pause, rewind, and take my time watching the videos, so that I make sure to really soak in all the information. It's been 20 years since I was last in school and I have been enjoying these courses and learning exactly how computers and networking all work.

By Jesse H

Mar 11, 2020

This course has taken me from 1976 when I started working on networks within my missile system intranet to the establishment of our network of missile systems throughout Western Germany. I can relate what is going on now to how we started then and fully understand. As I progressed through the course, the instruction was literally a history lesson for me. I just didn't know what we were doing was called. Now I do.

By Donna A

Sep 08, 2020

Excellent course, I really learned a lot in this course. I took a college course and didn't really get how it all worked together. The way this course was designed, I was able to understand it and feel comfortable being able to use it which is the reason why I took this course in the first place. I'm really glad I went ahead and took this course. I'm so much better off and I'm looking forward to continuing.

By Brian T

Mar 28, 2020

It's a lot of technical work. Some of the concepts do require additional learning material to understand fully how they play into the networking atmosphere as a whole. However, there was plenty of additional information available on the internet and the concepts provided in the course itself are not so hard that just a simple review from an additional resource made everything come together in certain weeks.

By George B

Aug 14, 2020

This is a great Great Course to learn about the Internet Engine. There is tremendous knowledge passed on about security both from a enterprise network as well as local host situation. Deploying the best solutions for Internet security is of paramount importance because there are so many bad actors. Educating one self is one of the best way to understand and assess the vulnerabilities of your systems.

By Sajan K

This course was amazing learned so much that I require one day to digest all that before I move on to next. I really loved the quiz and interactive question. This implementation of the quiz was super interactive something like what college tries to do active learning program but fails even in offline mode. Thank you, Coursera for providing such an amazing course to me. You are really helping me grow.

By Noel W J

Jun 26, 2019

The Course was absolutely great. I have learned so much about Networking, Troubleshooting the Network, Cloud Computing, DNS, IPv4 and IPv6 to name a few. I have done some work in computers but not to this extent and the course has educated me to another level. It's now up to me to go further and explore more if I want to advance my career in computing. I can't wait to see what's next in this program.

By Eric H

Oct 03, 2018

The main presenter was very good at presenting all the information in a quick manner that still allowed for learning.

There are a few things I wish would have been changed but technically nothing that had to have changed to understand networking

I do wish they would have talked about the breaking apart of the telephone companies since they talked about them but that would be more fun then necessary