Back to The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

ME
Jul 31, 2020

i learned so much even after i took CCNA i had some vague points, but this course made thing clearer to me looking , it even made me interested to complete the whole google it support specialization .

JG
Aug 12, 2020

I really enjoy this module. Everything taught was new for me. I already know what is DNS or VPN between a lot of topics showed. I'm Thankful with Google to allow people like me learn in a way so easy.

176 - 200 of 5,382 Reviews for The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

By Erin E

Jul 25, 2020

All of the information on here was very well taught, especially for information that is thorough, dense, and tough. I was extremely satisfied with the way it was taught and the way it was laid out. It was all very easy to follow and honestly quite fun to learn. I was even able to apply a lot of it to my volunteer work! I look forward to everything that comes next!

By Jason F

Jun 17, 2020

Even with a varied and extensive background, this course will give you the tools that you need to build your IT networking foundational skills upon. I am happy to have some formal training to beef up the knowledge I have already obtained through the school of hard knocks. Looking forward to other coursework that Google and Coursera have created. Onward and upward!

By AKHIL P D B C A 2

Jul 24, 2020

This is the best networking class I have ever taken. The instructor is a fabulous guy and his style of teaching is world class. I knew very little about networking, IP addresses and all but now I have got decent knowledge in all those things. I would suggest this course to all those people out there who does not have any prior knowledge about computer networking

By Charlotte F

May 17, 2019

A very well presented course, with very difficult elements here and there. I had to research quite a bit in order to fully understand many of the concepts of networking. But that is OK - really. It sort of prepares me for real life, where things change all the time. So not only did I learn a lot about Networking, I also learned how to update myself on the issue.

By Ida A M

Jun 5, 2020

It give me lot's of information and more understanding of computer network. yess... it is true that you have to understood a little bit of networking for this course. Since it it will be difficult if you are absolutely new in networking. but after al they give us a chance to learn since it is a week long for a module to be learn..

Thank you for the course..

By Ana B

I learned so much about computer networking and realized how much work is going on in the background of establishing a connection with a network. I truly enjoyed learning all of this information and it was all very easy to learn, with a few challenges along the way--but education wouldn't be education if it wasn't challenging. Thank you for this opportunity.

By Timothy S

Jul 23, 2019

Really Tough course to get through, but I can see how necessary it was in order to build a solid foundation of the protocols behind the processes of sending data from one computer to another located around the world. If you like solving problems and logic, you'll really appreciate the genius behind how the entire TCP/IP 5 Layer Interconnection model works.

By Sébastien L

Dec 19, 2018

I enjoyed this course and I learnt a ton! Victor Escobedo was a wonderful teacher and it never got boring (IMHO). The first course in this series, Technical Support Fundamentals, was pretty basic, but this one is much more technical and interesting and you actually learn many concepts that can be applied to your job or even to troubleshoot issues at home.

By Erik T

Apr 24, 2019

Very well put together. Though for someone that has been doing this for some time this is pretty straight forward. However for anyone without any tech background the concepts my need to be abstracted down to more understandable concepts. This could also help other learn some new analogies that can be used to explain computing concepts to our customers.

By Vidhan G

Sep 6, 2020

One of the best courses ever , i learnt a ton in this course ranging from knowing nothing about networking to learning all the foundational basics and some deep knowledge on how networking works. I can guarantee this course gives all with it's content and it's assignments , you will learn a lot .I highly recommend this course to networking novices..

By Erica E

Apr 25, 2019

I learned so much about how the internet works. How important and complex the internet really is. There is so much that goes into one website being accessed. Through this amazing course, with combination of short videos, practice quizzes, and fantastic information I was able to gain an understanding of the Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking. :)

By Anmol K

May 14, 2020

Certainly, the most comprehensive course for understanding computer networks. The explanation of concepts, the protocols and various technologies is adequate. Lots of things to learn in course. The course material is designed well to cover all concepts extensively. Above all, the way our instructor puts things to perspective is just unbelievable!

By Soumik L

Jul 20, 2020

I absolutely loved this course till the last lecture. I tried out this course as i was curious and wanted to know more about how networking works and i never regretted taking this course for a moment. Escobedo Sir was simply amazing. You just need to listen very carefully to each every lecture and the quizzes will seem like a walk in the park !

By Jonathan A

Jun 3, 2018

Had an excellent time taking this course and learned lots about the world of networking that I had never encountered before. At first I was apprehensive about taking this course, I believed that networking was too complicated and I wouldn't enjoy it but now I am actually considering studying networking further because I found it so interesting.

By Daniel T

Nov 18, 2020

The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking have helped me to understand some of the fundamental concepts in Networking in depth and the problems that exist. This courses have given me a refreshed outlook on how to analyze problems and find solutions to Network problems. Thank you Google, for making this course available conveniently online.

By Ronn K

Dec 14, 2019

I understood the concepts as I maintained a small network for four years knowing nothing and figuring it out via experimentation and googling problems with answers I rarely understood, but I learned.

The alphabet soup I never learned. I still can't define more than a quarter of them and hope knowing the soup of acronyms will not hinder me......

By Juan M

This course is very technical, but it dives deep into the network layer, how it is structured and how it functions at unison with all of its components. It was truly amazing. I now see computers and the Internet with a different perspective, with definitely much more respect to the people that make this happen. Totally recommend this course.

By Moises A G G

Aug 22, 2020

I wish slides were included or per video. Would have been much easier than reading transcripts. To pass the course I had to constantly refer back to the videos and to Wikipedia. Maybe this was the intension. If so, I guess I should up my rating from 4 to 5 cause it did create that skill in me to go out there and research this stuff on my own

By Jolly J Y J K

Apr 10, 2020

When I started with my second module, The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking, I was a bit nervous as I wasn't able to follow. I had to take a little break and start it all over again. Yes, this way it helped me to understand the concepts, but still, I have to review all that I learned. The whole concept has been explained well. Thank you.

By Raj C

Feb 24, 2019

Be prepared to learn a lot and have your brain blown away by details of how networks operate. Absolutely vital information for any budding IT professional or IT enthusiast. The instructor is competent and has a great sense of humor too. The combination of quizzes and graded assessments will test you and help you retain important information.

By Nishant K G

Apr 14, 2020

When I started this course I just had a basic knowledge about Computer Networking, but after completing this course I feel like I know about Computer Networking now, obviously, there's a lot to learn about Networking, its a very vast field, but this course helped me build my foundations on Computer Networking.

Thanks, Coursera and Google!

By Jonathan L

Mar 11, 2019

This course is jam packed with information! I LOVE learning abut all the ins and outs of networking, the protocols to make it happen and how to troubleshoot problems. VERY cool. The only problem is that there is so much that I don't feel I really understand. I am glad I took great notes that will help me while putting it all to practice.

By Vineet J

Jun 30, 2020

Hats off Vincent , You made this course worth a short for anyone who is looking for a career in IT Tech Support. I really started enjoying learning sessions in here . I will make mistakes while trying to learn something new but will overcome them with GOOGLE support platform. Thank you Reliance For letting me attend this course.

By Nalbert S

This course is great, I have learned a lot about technical support techniques and what technologies or applications are used, and how they work. I really liked cloud computing, ipv6, ipv4, layer protocols, wifi technologies, domains, dns, proxy, security, in general I highly recommend it, interactive material and good teachers, thanks!

By Samiur R

Apr 16, 2018

This is a really great course. I learned so many things from this particular course. Network Layer Model, TCP-IP, IPv6, VPN etc. are few of the most interesting topics covered here. The instructions were easy to follow and understand. Material covered here are really extensive. If you do this course you'll learn a lot about networking.