Back to The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

AM

Mar 30, 2020

what an amazing course, so much information and yet so easy to understand, would recommend going over a few of the videos and supplemental reading a few times, take the time needed, it'll be worth it.

BC

Jun 24, 2018

I loved this course. When I had issues support was awesome sauce. I really enjoyed the puns this instructor used to keep you from going off in a daze. I really wish I would have found Coursera sooner.

201 - 225 of 5,012 Reviews for The Bits and Bytes of Computer Networking

By Jorge F V

Aug 04, 2018

Muy buen material, excelente explicaciones todas claras con ejemplos estupendos. Realmente te da un paneo general de area de Networking. No se si es tan apto para alguien que no tiene conocimientos basicos de redes. Quizas ayudaria si introducen material de practica para realizar pings y cosas asi. Saludos

By David J

Aug 15, 2020

Wow it was really hard but I get a lof of knowlodge from this course, they will give you basics and after proficiencies study material. It was hard to get know this area and memorize it, but I did it. I think it will help me to get now more with network area, probably I will be able to do someting with it

By Luis

Jun 29, 2020

This was a great course. A lot of information was packed into this course but all very essential, well presented and very organized. I really enjoyed and appreciated the enthusiasm from the main instructor, and was overjoyed when I finally completed the course. I would definitely recommend this course.

By Gamaliel V

Mar 07, 2018

Thanks for everything, it was a pleasure to finish this course satisfactorily.

The content seems to be a lot, but in the field of computer networks there are many topics that we should know and consider for the implementation and administration of information technologies.

Best regards

Gamaliel Vazquez

By April Z

Jul 07, 2020

This course was tougher than I thought it was going to be, but still super informative. I was familiar with the majority of the concepts, but this class really dove into the details of why we use things, what they were created for, how they are beneficial, when we use them, and how to use them. LOVED it!

By Patrick A

It’sa really tough course and I needed to go through the Five Layer Network model several times to get through the written portion but I’m so glad I stuck with it. The material is challenging but it needs to be because this stuff isn’t simple. Thanks to Coursera for regular emails reminding me to finish!

By Carson B

Mar 17, 2018

Awesome course, much more intensive than the 1st, but chalked full of useful information.

Some of those quizzes are tricky. If you add or take away a space, misspell, or don't word it exactly as it's supposed to be. You might be at a standstill for 8 hours. Do your research and triple check your answers.

By Stephen G J

Sep 11, 2020

A very challenging course chock full of information!!! I found the discussions about IPv4 vs IPv6 particularly interesting. I would've liked the opportunity to use the virtual machines in real life scenarios to apply and learn more about using the networking troubleshooting skills that were introduced.

By Jussara d S L

Aug 20, 2020

Conteúdo excelente, abre a mente para o mundo de redes, já havia tido um contato com o assunto antes, mas esse curso me analisar o problema de uma forma diferente, as analogias feitas durante o curso para possamos assimilar o conteúdo é algo encantador. Superou minhas expectativas em todos os aspectos.

By Zaheer K

Jul 25, 2020

I really enjoyed the course and especially the troubleshooting section in week 6. The interview role play regarding networking was awesome. Adding further role-plays as a learning tool could have been valuable. Some practical assessments using quicklabs could have enhanced learning. Thank you Coursera!

By Bryan K

Feb 27, 2018

Awesome course. However you guys need to explain the rules of the compression of the iPv6 quiz. Had to go to the discussion forums to figure it out but that's what made it challenging and more fun as well. However, it still would have helped if you provided the rules written out in the first place.

By elvin p

Sep 17, 2020

This part of the course has been the most challenging for me throughout this course, I have a lot of previous knowledge on networking but i really never studied the network layers topology as thoroughly as this course did. My previous knowledge did help me grasp the curriculum a lot more efficiently.

By Castro M S

Aug 09, 2019

Sir.Victor just nailed this course not only because of so informative according to me interactive keeps a head while learning Online courses this man does includes some fun facts in the middle of the course and always keeps a smiling and a cheerful face.So I am so glad and happy to take this course.

By Daniel P

Aug 29, 2018

An excellent presentation of networking basics. This course gives a broad overview of how networking works and the underpinnings of all modern communications, useful for understanding when troubleshooting, coding a new app, or just as a fun exercise doing binary addition or calculating a subnet mask.

By Gary L M

Jun 06, 2018

While I doubt I would be able to get a job in network administration or repair at an advanced level at this time< I feel this course would give me an advantage over other beginners applying for an entry level network position. And pointed me in directions on how to improve my skills on my own.

By OLanrewaju J I

Sep 14, 2020

This course was really impact-full and well packaged for me to develop myself.

I thought i knew a lot on networking, with my networking fundamental knowledge! this course made me realize that i still have a lot and it gave me a sense of direction in understating computer networking.

By Ezra I S W

Aug 10, 2019

This course amazingly explains computer networking in general. Not too detailed but not too simple either. Visualization is excellent and the explanation is superb. For me, this course filled in the gaps for my theoretical understanding of computer networking. Highly recommended for beginners.

By Ernesto E

May 19, 2019

I really think this is an excellent course even for Professional who have been in field for decades. It will correct some assumptions you have an give you indepth greater understanding on the OSI model and its many layers upon layers you thought you knew. If you are starting out, even more so.

By Carolyn R H

Apr 26, 2020

I learned alot and im very proud of myself for taking the time do so I could not feel as comfortable as i do with out the lessons being covered and demonstrated in such a well mapped out curriculum for quick learning I feel as i will be capable to be further trained to advance on any it job

By Steve C

Jun 09, 2019

Very interesting course. It takes work, but if you dedicate yourself to it, you will learn the most important networking concepts, such as DNS, IPv4/IPv6, addressing, encapsulation, and the 4/57 layer networking models, and you will have a much greater understanding of how the internet works.

By Melinda A H

Mar 26, 2018

A challenging, technical course that provides a base of knowledge for networking, network layers and protocols, routing, cloud computing, and network troubleshooting. This is how the internet works! Just about everything mentioned in the course is important information to know and understand.

By Liviu V

Feb 12, 2018

Brilliant, brilliant course on the fundamentals of computer networking. The 5 model layer is wonderfully described, with just the right amount of details to get even somebody with little general knowledge off the ground. Congratulations to all contributors for this great educational material!

By SOHAIL K

Sep 07, 2020

I learned a lot in this course and especially the instructor teach it at industry level which I didn't in my university course. I strongly recommend this course if you are a beginner/Intermediate /Pro Level, you must enrol in this course to explore the bits and bytes of networking. Cheers!

By Carlos F

Jul 23, 2020

I learned a ton about the inner working of networking and more. I had to really go back and study those videos to keep the knowledge in my head. Now it's permanently in my head. I find myself thinking of IP datagarams, TCP protocols and more just passing by and seeing my router. Thanks. :)