Back to Introduction to Key Constitutional Concepts and Supreme Court Cases

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Key Constitutional Concepts and Supreme Court Cases by University of Pennsylvania

This course offers an introduction to the U.S. Constitution and landmark Supreme Court cases interpreting it. It explores the Constitution’s origins, its amendment over the years, and methods of constitutional interpretation. Topics include the nature and structure of the federal government, the powers of the federal government, and individual rights....

GS

Jun 21, 2020

This course was very didactic and easy to understand. I liked the way that the different theories about each subject were presented, allowing me to build my own opinion and perspective on each matter.

SJ

Jul 22, 2017

Professor does a great job and in explaining the complexities. He does not take any partisan stand and does a great job and giving prominence to all sides of the argument. Enjoyed the course throughly

51 - 75 of 191 Reviews for Introduction to Key Constitutional Concepts and Supreme Court Cases

By Kim G

Jul 21, 2016

Clear and comprehensive coverage of the constitution and how it is interpreted. The instructor gives frequent examples for both sides of the issue which aids understanding.

By Beethar T

Jun 10, 2020

It was my first time taking online classes, the professor gave very solid materials which is very easy to understand and able to memorize. I would recommend this course!

By Kiran. S

Oct 18, 2017

Excellent material, presented in a succinct manner. Well worth attempting, in order to obtain a rudimentary introduction into American Constitutional Jurisprudence.

By ALINE F

Apr 29, 2020

Muito gratificante poder ter feito um curso dessa qualidade, com certeza me ajudou muito a criar uma noção sociológica mais aprofundada do Direito Constitucional.

By Richard G

Jul 01, 2017

Great course. Timely given the issues of the time and the misconceptions that young people in particular have in reference to what is and is not constitutional.

By Chie Y

Dec 10, 2018

How can we evaluate our law? This lecture showed us the crucial criteria and manners, even if we are not US citizen. I deeply thank Professor Kermit Roosevelt.

By Victoria P

Apr 21, 2020

Great class and excellent syllabus. I thoroughly enjoyed the articles, videos, and other websites included in the material. Congrats on a great class!

By Sharon Y A

Jun 30, 2020

I liked the content and the presentation of this course. The professor explained things clearly and the reviews at the end of each video were helpful.

By Nicholas C

Jul 02, 2019

I enjoyed the class. It was very informative. I enjoyed watching the lectures. The professor's lectures were well thought out and actually filmed well.

By Lori R

Nov 12, 2017

This course gives a good overview of Constitutional topics and covers some recent decisions as well. It is very informative and well worth your time.

By João P d L R

May 16, 2020

The course is very good, the teacher is very didactic and tries to pass the content in a very updated way, I thank Coursera for this course so cool

By Katie C

Apr 27, 2020

Fabulous course to review key constitutional concepts. Enjoyed the lectures, perfect length to listen to while on walks, cooking, cleaning, etc :)

By Janice C

Oct 05, 2019

The Presenter was excellent. I wanted an overview of the US constitutional concepts and this was so easy to understand. Excellent set of lectures.

By Jonathan P

Mar 05, 2019

Very good intro/overview course. The supplementary materials and resources supplied via the course are a good jumping off point for further study.

By D L Z

Mar 25, 2018

Excellent course. Very well taught. A good course for those who are not familiar with the United States Constitution as it explains everything.

By Sonya R H G

Apr 25, 2019

I enjoyed this course. The course described and gave details about our Constitution and its contributions to Equal Protection and Human Rights.

By Rachel G

Jun 26, 2020

I was impressed with Professor Kermit Roosevelt's knowledge and brief, yet, descriptive lectures on important aspects of our Constitution.

By ANA C F F

Excellent. I am grateful. Studying this course was enjoyable, easy and interesting. You make it very simple and profound at the same time.

By Scott L

Nov 26, 2017

Outstanding review of the Constitution, the Amendments, and key cases and examples that bring each into clear view. Really great course.

By Peter C S

Jun 02, 2020

Practical to the point course, well taught and well laid out. Expect to learn a lot. Excellent course valuable in todayys world.

By Hannah B

Aug 16, 2017

It was both informative and impartial. Different sides and views were represented fairly, and I was interested in the material.

By Jean R

Mar 22, 2017

This class open my eyes. I am grateful to have been able to learn about the laws. The professor makes the class interesting.

By Ellie O

Dec 10, 2019

A great introduction to some basic constitutional law cases and applications. For anyone interested in Constitutional law!

By Kunal M

Dec 12, 2016

Super engaging lectures and a great overview of the constitution (with some interesting insights in current cases as well)