Back to Construction Finance

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Construction Finance by Columbia University

The final course of the specialization expands the knowledge of a construction project manager to include an understanding of economics and the mathematics of money, an essential component of every construction project. Topics covered include the time value of money, the definition and calculation of the types of interest rates, and the importance of Cash Flow Diagrams....

DG

Sep 05, 2018

Great course that helped understand financing throughout construction. I'm an attorney who recently joined a housing developer, and this course really assisted my understanding of the industry.

LG

Jan 07, 2019

The course was both challenging and informative. I found most of what I learned in this course will be applied going forward. I took this course as a goal through my employer.

51 - 75 of 76 Reviews for Construction Finance

By Rolando R

Apr 24, 2019

It helps knowing the basic of Finance in Construction.

By Bishoy G G A

May 26, 2019

It was a very helpful and dynamic course which contained many useful knowledges regarding financing construction projects. I gained many important information that will help me a lot.

I would like to say thanks to Coursera and to my Instructors.

By Violeta B

Jun 03, 2019

As an architect with yet no experience on the construction industry, I value so much all the lectures. I now feel prepared to go into the sector with a better understanding.

By Terron J D

Jul 02, 2019

Excellent course on Construction Finance. Professor Ibrahim Odeh has done a masterful job in engineering this specialization. I have gained a mass amount of knowledge that I can now apply to real world projects and solutions. Thank you for the opportunity. TD

By Luis E P M

Jul 06, 2019

Great Course!

By NELSON A C M

Jul 31, 2019

I highly reccomend you to take all courses of the specialization and get ahead in knowledge and managerial skills.

By Geder M J

Nov 05, 2019

Very beneficial course

By Tolulope D A

Oct 21, 2019

if you need to know the fundamentals of construction finance, then this course is for you.

Robust information.

Thanks Prof. Odeh

By Siying R

Jan 28, 2019

The teacher speaking for project finance explains the construction finance in a good detail. He provides spreadsheets and case study to explain. I think that's very practical and helpful. I also like the teacher who speaks for the lean method. He build a good structure of the the knowledge points. The course has open the door for me to further research and study the subject.

By Juan P C

Oct 17, 2017

Good content, however it is very very introductory level. If you already have experience in this sector I don´t recommend it .

By greg a

Aug 18, 2017

Need to make sure peer graded projects are given the answers first so that correct answers are not being rejected by people with incorrect answers.

By Eduardo C

Aug 01, 2017

Excellent course! Well done.

By Yvette L

Mar 18, 2018

could be more challenging. but teachers are great!

By Joven C

May 16, 2017

Essential

By CHAN W F P

Aug 01, 2017

T

By Jorge J L

May 06, 2017

Great course, very thorough , rigorous and engaging. Found this one to be quite tough.

By Victor E Q G

Nov 04, 2017

Cada paso esta bien explicado, los profesores cuentan con una basta experiencia y se ve reflejada en sus clases. Se realizan ejercicios para poder entender todos los conceptos. El curso exige un compromiso en cuanto tiempo y concentración para poder aprovechar todos los conceptos que se están enseñando.

By Daniel E S

Nov 09, 2019

I was pleasantly surprised at how in-depth the subject matter of this course. I was expecting a course that would talk only about cost control, but instead many concepts in construction and real estate development financing were covered.

By Georges B

Apr 02, 2017

Quizzes are not challenging enough

By Vladimir V C

Jan 24, 2019

It is terrible that the slides are not available for the students to download. This is a paid course, come on!!