Back to The Strategy of Content Marketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Strategy of Content Marketing by University of California, Davis

This course is a partnership between the leading content marketing authority, Copyblogger, and UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education. In this course, you will learn the core strategies content marketers use to acquire and retain customers profitably. Specifically, you will learn how to develop, organize and implement a content marketing strategy, analyze and measure the effectiveness of content marketing, write compelling copy, use a strategic framework when writing, and build your professional brand and authority through content marketing. You will also learn how to put the ideas presented to you into action and build your own personal brand through content marketing....

SM

For those who want to start your content marketing journey, you may want to take this course. It focuses on touch base points but also goes into further details on what you need as a content marketer.

ID
Dec 13, 2020

I'd like to recommend this course as it was instrumental in providing for me the necessary push to shift industries. The course content was well thought-of, clear, easy to absorb and very interesting.

901 - 925 of 927 Reviews for The Strategy of Content Marketing

By Robin H

Aug 12, 2020

There was so much great content to offer in this course, but the presentation of it was just awful. Quick 1:00 videos introduced key topics, while 10:00-17:00 mp3s – with NO slides or accompanying visuals – covered the core content of the class. 40% of the grade hung on the High Five project, yet the core of what Authority was supposed to look like in the project and in real life seemed to be completely glossed over. And there was absolutely no way to contact anyone other than other students to get more info on Authority, the High Fives, or other key contents of the class. Extremely poor presentation and honestly a waste of several weeks, except for the certificate earned.

By Jessica

Jun 7, 2020

I really wanted to like this course and thought it would teach me some new insights. While Sonia Simone is a engaging teacher, I was disappointed with the overall course content.

The course is very time consuming and the podcasts plus the readings (several e-books per week, sometimes as long as 142 pages) are not accounted for in the time pad. Making the time needed to invest, much higher than expected.

The assignments seemed difficult compared to the level of the course materials, and it seemed like a lot of students (on the forums) were struggeling with the assignments as well.

By Skylar C

Jun 8, 2020

The materials are quite old and have a lot of dead links. The assignments could be clearer. Especially as the teacher no longer works at Copyblogger, this feels a bit outdated and ready for some improvements.

I do like a lot of the materials and I think it did help me a lot- but that's all the more reason why it could stand to be refreshed.

By ALLI O .

Jun 10, 2020

my assignment since module 3 is yet to be reviewed by other coursemates which are causing a delay in completion of my course, I am done with my course up to the 5th week but cant still finish up, I can't send a mail for help nobody to attend to me, please something should be done about it asap.

By debingsu

Jul 5, 2020

a. I wish the podcast could be seamless integrated in the learning process. *Looks like it is not empathetic to users.

b.TLDR. A lot of materials, from the blog or pdf, just wayyyyy too long and not to the point.....Give me some examples....

By Oleksandra

Jan 29, 2021

I was expecting a great course. All materials you can freely read on their blog - nothing new there. Too much bla bla - huge big way to the point. The idea of the course is nice, but it is not equal to what you get during the course.

By Abhiman S

Jun 11, 2020

Basic Content and knowledge, not so out of the box course. Half of the course is on the Mp3 platform, no resources used or mentioned.

By LAURA D A

Jul 19, 2020

The audio lectures are not as effective. I was expecting a video since this is a course, not a podcast.

By Pierluigi L

Aug 12, 2020

interesting and rich in content, but absolutely dispersive!!!!

By Emily U

Jun 18, 2020

Quite basic and not especially engaging.

By Sean C

Dec 27, 2020

I'd give it zero stars if I could. This course is poorly set up with mostly separate "podcasts" as the lecture (no transcriptions by the way) which, honestly, feels like a repurposing of Copyblogger company material. It feels like they simply tried to make some more money off of material they already had. The peer-reviewed course assignments in weeks 3 and 4 are extraordinarily vague in their presentation, yet constitute so much of the graded portion that it is essentially the entire outcome of passing or failing this course. They continue to say, "Now we're going to discuss how to put your empathy map together," and then they go off on a tangent and never do it then present a 5 page PDF that has almost nothing to do with everything they just said, not to mention they give you no rubric for how these assignments are graded to begin with. Also, throughout the course they mention names and allude to people they must know in the copy world in the course as if we are supposed to know them- like they're household names. And finally, the course provides no academic or fact-based source material to provide any sort of "Strategy" to "Market" your "Content." This was 5 weeks of listening to Copyblogger's opinion on how they run their company. An unbelievable waste of time and money.

By Corina

Aug 14, 2020

If you like to experience what Strategic Content Marketing is about, this is how it should not be. Hopelessly frustrating... lots of chitchat without focus... lots of lnikbuilding for the publisher of the course copy blogger. Yes, content marketing is about building relationships & try to hold the attention. And link building is an important part but let's be honest and fair, this is no academic course... this is painfully mistaken advertising for copyblogger for hours... To be honest, it is the first course I have not completed although I started with the objective to complete it. Too painful that my attention is taken for a ride in this ongoing commercial, at week 4 (only 1,5 weeks to go) I could no longer bear the lack of direction. I quit.

By David T

Sep 6, 2020

I hate gradating system, we review for people and just sit there hope less that someone will review your assignment back, not just that. The information about this program was out of date, there a lots of change in business industry and not all information about this course was useful. A lots people when they do discuss the just put N/A and you get lot of spam when you need someone review your assuagement, you review them and they never review you back. And if you want to pass this class you need to pass assignment.

By Megan P

Jun 23, 2020

I was very disappointed with this course. Most of the useful information was in a "podcast" format without any visuals to accompany them. The whole course felt like one big, poorly produced advertisement for Copyblogger. I really didn't learn anything new and felt like it was a bit of a waste of time. I'm glad I did not pay for the course.

By David V D

Sep 2, 2020

This was a really poorly run course, with very little teaching content or outline for what was needed from the assignments. The course would not be relevant for someone already working within content creation as it is extremely high-level.

By Zhameli K

Dec 12, 2020

Firstly it was quite good, but then a tutor pushed a self-promotion with spreading her hand-outs. There were good words without deeping in ideas of that words.

By Osiobe M

Jul 17, 2020

Being a certified content marketing strategist is a thing of great joy. The course has added more to my knowledge as a person and other aspects as well.

By Projit D

Dec 7, 2020

Most the lectures are in the form of a "downloadable audio podcast" which makes it way less interactive and unappealing. Not recommended at all.

By Linh H

Most of lectures are in audio files without subtitle. It is difficult for learners, who do not speak English as a mother tongue, to understand.

By Kavan M

Sep 16, 2020

This course is boring and inefficient. Sort of goes against the principles thought in the course for good content.

By Kaiquan M

Jul 8, 2020

Buggy course platform. Unable to get reviewers to review my assignment unless I posted in the discussion forums.

By Aduvie O

Jan 1, 2019

I am unhappy that I did not see the full content of this course.

By Mauro M