Back to The Strategy of Content Marketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for The Strategy of Content Marketing by University of California, Davis

This course is a partnership between the leading content marketing authority, Copyblogger, and UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education. In this course, you will learn the core strategies content marketers use to acquire and retain customers profitably. Specifically, you will learn how to develop, organize and implement a content marketing strategy, analyze and measure the effectiveness of content marketing, write compelling copy, use a strategic framework when writing, and build your professional brand and authority through content marketing. You will also learn how to put the ideas presented to you into action and build your own personal brand through content marketing....

JC

For those who want to start your content marketing journey, you may want to take this course. It focuses on touch base points but also goes into further details on what you need as a content marketer.

SM

876 - 900 of 948 Reviews for The Strategy of Content Marketing

By Ananya K

Jun 20, 2020

The peer-graded instructions could have been more clear. A sample of how it should be done should be provided to make understanding better. I had a nice time learning with Sonia Simone. I found only the instructions quite confusing rest was up to the mark. Thank you, Coursera and UC Davis for such a great opportunity.

By Neil C

Apr 29, 2020

Mixed reviews. I though the video presentations were great, made me think about content in a new way. However, I did not like the segments where they mixed in 1 minute videos and then 15 minute podcasts, pick a format and stick with it, Also the assignments need tightening up, instructions were very vauge

By Shreeraj S

Nov 23, 2019

Very well presented and lots of learning points that can be applied to the real world, but the content in it seems clickbait-y sometimes. Lots of unnecessary information present in some topics and I'm afraid the course needs updating to 2019 since a lot has changed in 5 years.

By Iratxe C

Jun 7, 2020

Course provides a lot of useful information via lessons and outside reading material, but it is content marketing material on it's own for an agency. Most of the podcasts vaguely mention the subject of the conversation but don't dive into it. I think is a good start.

By Victoria B

for such course the most useful for me would have been the examples of writing styles/stories that correspond to the theory of the course. I found myself wondering on many occasions that I am not sure how I should write to be more impactful. Theory was good though.

By Elizabeth G

Mar 29, 2020

I was hoping to take this course to learn about content marketing and to be able to use this in future jobs. I got a few videos in only to find out this is a course that teaches you to build your own website. This is not what I was wanting to learn about.

By Md M H

May 16, 2020

The course content was very large specially too much PDF to read and using podcast into the main topic like empathy map and experience map i would say its not acceptable. so my recommendations is some balance needed

By Joanne Y

Very generous in providing more resources in content marketing. Though, not all videos are available. I needed to still research on topics on my own. But this course will help me a lot in setting up my website.

By Mohit R S

May 13, 2020

Sonia Simone mentions several podcasts during her lectures which could not be found anywhere ...

There was more reading material which made the course boring at certain times...

By Katherien C

Jun 25, 2020

The logic and framework of this course are clear . But most of the important content has only MP3 versions so that I can not understand these parts very well.

By Jon C

Aug 1, 2020

I could not buy a website domain as instructed, so I have tried to unenroll from this course, but I have not been able to find the 'unenroll' option.

By Ashley G

May 13, 2020

Some of the content was really helpful but it's a little dated. References Google+ a lot and never mentions Instagram and its impacts on content.

By Mouquerian

Jul 5, 2020

I don't like the podcast sessions; they couldn't grab my full attention, I can't imagine along with the examples, and they are way too long.

By Pranchal K

May 16, 2020

course is good but I don't know how they manage because after completing the week 3 am came to know where we can listen to the podcast.

By Nila P

Jun 21, 2020

The course is great! But we need to create a better system for the peer review assignment to make people give better feedback.

By Imogen T

Jul 8, 2020

Good content marketing strategy i guess i was expecting more acknowledgement of creative skills? But hey! I learnt a lot :D

By Glow M C

Oct 9, 2020

The course was wonderful, all details were involvee down to the minuscle of things which apparently are the most important

By Jorianne C M

Oct 21, 2020

A lot of good content; unfortunately, it felt rather like an advertisement sometimes and was quite redundant at others.

By Maximiliano C

Sep 1, 2020

El curso es bueno, pero básico y meramente introductorio. El material de estudio en podcast no es para nada práctico.

By Kaival R

It could have been better. To be honest, those podcast interviews were really boring. Instead, do some video classes.

By Doris-Evelyn Z

Aug 15, 2020

The course is very focused on the US market and some content related things may be too pushy for Europe for example.

By Pitchaphorn N

There are more podcasts with no subtitles. Other foreigners like me may be caused by language barriers. But it's ok.

By Алексей Л

Dec 1, 2020

Since I don't know enough English, and half of the course is podcasts without subtitles, I didn't see this half

By Phil W

Apr 19, 2020

Good general content, but a lot of incomplete video sections with speakers named who do not appear.

By Jenna-Lee

Apr 2, 2017

I really enjoyed the presenter who was engaging and interesting. I didn't enjoy the podcasts.