Back to Copyright for Multimedia

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Copyright for Multimedia by Duke University

Copyright questions about different formats (data, images, music and video) can be especially difficult. Sometimes the law specifically distinguishes between these different formats, and in most cases there are media-specific considerations that impact a copyright analysis. In this course we will look at four different media, paying special attention to the unique issues for each one and the kinds of information that is important when making copyright decisions for each type of material. We will work through fair use issues for each multimedia format, look at format-specific exceptions in the law, and consider unique issues for seeking permission for film, music, images and data. At the end of this course, participants will have a deeper understanding of how to apply our framework for making copyright decisions, and will be more comfortable with assessing multimedia issues. They will have gained more and more diverse experience for considering fair use....

MR

Jun 15, 2017

Easy to follow and with great teachers commenting on the pragmatic issues of licensing and fair use, which is invaluable for the foreign student, no matter his degree.

JO

Nov 19, 2016

Excellent course, incredibly informative and very well taught. Highly recommend to anyone interested in entertainment as well as the laws and liability involved.

26 - 50 of 81 Reviews for Copyright for Multimedia

By Zach E

As the head of Course Reserves at my university, copyright is very frequent in what I do day-to-day! Thanks so much for all of this information.

By john b

Feb 10, 2020

I enjoyed the course . I liked the structure of the course. It was easy to learn from these instructors , I think they presented very well.

By Sofía M D

Aug 12, 2020

Quite useful to everyone who is teaching using multimedia resources or want to know more about contemporary digital environment!

By Chris M

Aug 02, 2017

All the resources you need to make informed decisions on copyright issues for various media.

By Troy T

Jan 26, 2016

This course is a great additon the Copyright series, I look forward to more on this topic.

By Jesus D F J

Jan 11, 2016

Excellent content, very good lectures and good material to share about copyright issues.

By Glenda M G

Aug 19, 2020

Informative and straight to the point lectures with fun and relaxed instructors!

By Ivan C

Jul 25, 2018

Comprehensive and educational course about copyright for all types of materials.

By Pankaj K

Apr 11, 2020

Excellent course provide by course. well information and excellent taught.

By Rajesh V

Nov 21, 2017

Excellent course and gives lots of information about the US copyright law.

By Alyona S

Jan 17, 2016

Very useful course. I really wanted to find such information. Thank you

By Keshaba M

Mar 19, 2017

Very nicely designed. Motivated me to explore more in Indian laws.

By Margarita M

Apr 04, 2017

Great course. The knowledge I received is very useful for my work.

By Daniel C

Sep 14, 2016

Excellent. Love the videos lengths, which were easily digestible.

By Chris H

Apr 10, 2016

Great course, the professors are passionate and very informative.

By Ирина В Ш

May 05, 2020

A very interesting course, I learned a lot of new things. Thank

By Andrew T

Aug 31, 2017

Great course, with, I'd say, advanced information for beginners

By Lori W

Feb 15, 2016

A great class for higher education and online learning staff.

By Cynthia L D

Dec 26, 2019

This course was challenging and very interesting. Thank you!

By Prof. S M

Great course, but not very relevant to other countries.

By Ahmer J K

Feb 25, 2017

Excellent, informative and engaging course!

By Vilmarie T

Apr 08, 2020

Excellent course! I learned a lot. Thanks!

By Elizabeth M

Jan 21, 2018

This was super helpful! I learned so much!

By Shana. K H

Jun 05, 2020

it was a great experience learning these

By Kurt B

Jul 19, 2017

Highly interesting and engaging course.