Back to Corporate Sustainability. Understanding and Seizing the Strategic Opportunity

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Corporate Sustainability. Understanding and Seizing the Strategic Opportunity by Università Bocconi

The achievement of a balanced economic, social and environmental development - as expressed in the UN Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development - is recognized as one of the major challenges humanity is facing today. What is less clear is whether and how organizations can generate business opportunities and value for their stakeholders while tackling such challenges. In this course, thought leaders in a wide variety of management and economics fields illustrate how to assess and seize the opportunities offered by these global emergencies. They will offer new ways to understand the purpose and the logic of success of the business enterprise in this new context, providing ideas and examples on how to manage the transition process to realize the value creation potential from corporate sustainability for all involved stakeholders. Learning objectives The course will allow you to: - Understand What the macroeconomic and microeconomic consequences of both climate changes, poverty, hunger, gender or race discriminations, lack of communication between the State, Civil Societies, and businesses, etc are. - Understand Why it is important for businesses to tackle sustainability issues in order to create more and better business opportunities; - Learn How each individual, organization and system can start to analyze its behaviors and change towards more sustainable practices and models....

EP

This is an extremely detailed and informative course, ideal for someone looking to expand their knowledge of sustainability issues and the strategy required to address them in a corporate context.

CL
Aug 25, 2020

I enjoyed this course, it was very detailed in explaining what exactly Sustainability means and how it partners with a successful business. Great course and good information!

26 - 50 of 134 Reviews for Corporate Sustainability. Understanding and Seizing the Strategic Opportunity

By Maya N

Jul 27, 2020

This course is packed with interesting, up-to-date information - spanning from theoretical to practical. I felt it has given me a solid foundation to continue pursuing my interest in corporate sustainability. I highly recommend this course as a foundation course for people interested in entering this field or for those who want to learn more about sustainability and its key topics.

By Dalila C

Mar 6, 2021

This course offers a clear overview of the sustainability problem form a business management point of view. I have really enjoyed how many different experts and professionals were invited to talk about this topic and their area of expertise. I have gained a lot of knowledge and a good idea of where I'd like to focus even more my further studies.

Thank you Bocconi University.

By Rafael A

Oct 2, 2019

A great course, with good supporting material and excellent videos. This is my second course from Universita Bocconi and without a doubt they are one of the best producers of content on Coursera . I'll recommended this course to anyone that currently runs a business, works on sustainability within an enterprise or is planning on development a social enterprise.

By Horacio T L M

Apr 6, 2020

Highly professional way to teach Corporate Sustainability, including pragmatical cases, global NGOs' references and above all very respectful scholars from the Boconni University.

Thank you very much for having launched this great course from which I have not only got very relevant knowledge, but also I have spread my valued network.

Horacio Tena.

By Vanessa M

May 27, 2021

​The course was very helpful gaining deeper insights into sustainability (the SDGs, sustainability strategy, road map etc), which is well taught by the lecturers. I already learned about sustainability in my university, but this was a very good complement to learn new content, but also to refresh knowledge. Thank you for providing this course!

By Melissa P

May 13, 2020

I think this course provides a complete and detailed insight on CSR issues. The quality of classes and materials is remarkable and the involvement of so many academics and professionals who are studying CSR from different points of view provides a 360° enriching overview of the sustainability challenge for enterprises.

By Michaela S

Sep 15, 2019

Absolutely the best course I had in a long time!!! Really well explained and great content and lecturers. Hope to be able to attend a follow up course or a specialisation? That would be amazing.

generally, please make sure that professors speak sufficient English, some where extremely hard to understand.

By Sebastián P Z

Dec 1, 2020

I have found this course particularlly interesiting, its way of approaching a wide range of topic with clear ideas and good examples about corporate sustainability and all its players. I highly recommend this course as a way of rethink the way we consume and think many businesses nowadays.

By Yasin D

May 12, 2020

A well-structured course that offers a 360° view of sustainability, essential for those who have never heard of sustainability or who could not connect sustainability to business, but also to help people like me who deal with these topics. High-level professors and guests. Thank you

By Rosemarie P d C

Apr 18, 2021

Excellent course for understanding how companies can tackle the sustainability issues through changes that affect positively on the governance, human resources or supply chain changes and finally take advantage of how sustainability can improve the hole business results

By Andrea C M R

Sep 2, 2020

Es un curso muy completo sobre la sostenibilidad en el área corporativa, abarca muchos temas modernos lo cuales te brindan una mejor visión de como estos temas se están manejando hoy día y métodos e ideas que pueden ser utilizados en cualquier tipo de empresa.

By Nicola C

Oct 29, 2019

An insightful course that equips you with tools necessary to implement sustainability in both individual and corporate levels. The aspect of cooperation to achieve specific goals set forth, with all types of stakeholders in mind, is addressed comprehensively.

By Chris B

Mar 28, 2021

Great course, with great lecturers and material. I am looking to change career paths, and I have found this course invaluable (58 pages of notes taken by the end :) !). Well done to the course organisers and to all the lecturers involved. Highly recommended

By Nancy

Ha sido un curso muy interesante, lo he disfrutado mucho. Ha sido muy dinámico gracias a todos los profesionales que han participado y su forma de explicar cada vídeo y cada capítulo. El temario es una pasada. En resumen he quedado súper contenta.

By Amandeep S

Jan 25, 2021

The course is designed intelligently and is deep in content. Various learning tools have been inbuilt, which makes learning fun and easy. Enjoyed the round table talks of Entrepreneurs, Academics and senior officials of sustainable organizations.

By Janerose G

Oct 16, 2020

Such an amazing course as I got to learn the dynamics of sustainability from a very relatable perspective. The course outline, videos and exercises really aligned me to what I really want to achieve in my business through sustainability.

By renata t

Jan 21, 2020

It is a course with very deep content. Some themes are complex for those with a humanistic background like me, but the division into small modules makes it usable. It has greatly expanded my knowledge and perspectives on Sustainability.

By Soumyakanta K

Apr 5, 2020

This course is recommended for people who are interested in a long term carrier goal & want to create a better world in their respected corporates/society. this course will enhance your growth opportunity in your organization.

By Domenica R

Jul 13, 2020

For someone who lacks a business background, this course was perfect. It introduced me to so many concepts I used to be afraid of, I never felt lost. Great teaching, excellent course. Definitely 100% recommended.

By Rei O

Jun 17, 2020

It was definitely interesting to explore and understand a broad range of stakeholders are involved with sustainable management. Overall, a great course with an adequate amount of support materials and discussions.

By Gustavo R A

Jul 13, 2020

Excellent course, thank you for everything and I am sure that it will be very useful in my personal journey to become a sustainable entrepeneur and a future coach in sustainability.

I follow you from México =)

By Dr. U K C

Jul 12, 2020

Its a great initiative provided by Coursera. I found it very useful to explore my understanding about sustainability and its significance in industrial performance by considering TBL.

Thanks Coursera team.

By José P D C A

Nov 17, 2020

Very complete course! All the instructors provided great topics addressing corporate sustainability and how it should be adapted in today's business models by different perspectives.

By Oriol B G

Mar 3, 2020

Very good theoretical approach on Sustainability issues and how should the firms tackle them. I would definitely recommend this course as an introduction of corporate sustainability.