Back to Corporate Strategy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Corporate Strategy by University of London

Corporate strategy is the strategy a firm uses to compete across multiple businesses. Many small firms want to grow by entering new businesses. Many large firms already are in multiple businesses, e.g. a photo camera producer selling also sunglasses. We developed this course to help you make good corporate strategy decisions. Of the many decisions a firm has to make, corporate strategy decisions are among the most consequential. We will look at these key corporate strategy decisions: - Diversification: How and which businesses should your firm enter? - Divestiture: How and from which businesses should your firm exit? - Corporate HQ: How should we organize corporate headquarters to create value across the different businesses?...

MI
Apr 16, 2020

This was a great refresher and explained the basics of Corporate Strategy in very easy to understand and enjoyable manner. In nutshell,the course in very logical and serving its purpose fully.

AB
Jul 26, 2020

Very useful course to understand corporate strategy, identify portfolio and its diversification, divestiture. Learnt good theories with real examples. This would be very useful for my career.

26 - 50 of 240 Reviews for Corporate Strategy

By Ajiboye O

Oct 21, 2020

With this course, you are able to gain a depth insight into corporate strategy. Understanding divestiture, allocation of resources across businesses with the corporate HQ and a couple of other theories within the business environment. It was one of the most tasking courses ever and yet quite fulfilling.

By Amit G

Feb 29, 2020

A very comprehensive knowledge enhancer in the Key areas of corporate strategy. The course is designed much taught fully and all basic areas are covered. Recommend some more reading and study along with weekly modules to understand the subject and gain deeper knowledge. Overall a very good course.

By Kenneth M M

Feb 18, 2021

I have really enjoyed and appreciated the learning process. This content was clear and specific to what I require so far in my career and personal development. My favorite chapter was on Divestiture, that was an eye opener on how to align business needs and create sustainability.

By Rohit S

Feb 22, 2018

amazing course. this course has helped understand what goes into making a strategic decision on the corporate level. I am sure that i would be able to apply the knowledge that i have gained from this course and implement to the fullest in my professional life ahead. Thanks a ton.

By Chan W K

Mar 29, 2020

An extremely interesting, stimulating and insightful course in corporate strategy. Provides never-before- explored areas in this field which is highly relevant for those working in the business world. Highly recommended for managers involved in strategic decision-making.

By Srividhya T

Course is highly helpful for diverse applications at Corporate Headquarters and Anyone Who wish to pursue this course would be gaining more knowledge about diversities, synergies, Corporate HQ and many policy decisions. Quite impressed with knowledge of faculty too.

By Dipali S

Sep 7, 2021

Easy to understand and simple and logical examples, reading material. Excellent learning experience. Instructor's way of explaining and delivering sessions make it very interesting course. Very much helpful for further career progression and competence development.

By 臧海军

Dec 29, 2017

Great course by Prof. Vanneste, it helped me to acquire a framework for analyzing corporate strategy options and a clear logic for making decisions. It's also a pleasure to have the face to face class with him in Peking University for BiMBA course this December.

By SRIDHAR K

May 3, 2020

I really enjoyed doing this course. The way the course was presented, business cases, real examples etc made the learning more valuable. The learnings from this course will certainly help me in my business ventures. Overall a course worth doing. Thank you.

By Gauri S

Jun 30, 2020

The course provided a deep insight into business, diversification, divestment & corporate strategy. The constant use of case studies and examples also helped in understanding the application of concepts. I found the course very interesting & informative.

By Bharathi K

Feb 13, 2021

Really very informative and easy to understand by the away Professor explains. I loved the course and got confidence of applying in my career. Thank you coursera, University of London and Proff Bart Vanneste for giving such wonderful course to students.

By Vijayalakshmi R

May 2, 2021

Comprehensive, live examples and excellent content delivery. This course helped me to understand theory and practice in detail. My heartfelt thanks to Professor Bart Vanneste for providing knowledge enhancement about corporate strategy.

By Thorsten Z

Feb 2, 2020

A very well structured course with great content! I took it to refresh my knowledge from my business studies. Prof. Vanneste explains everything very clearly and also provides very good slides and literature. I highly recommend the course!

By Jessica L

Nov 1, 2020

Excellent content, superbly delivered. Concepts are clearly explained, with real-life examples to bring theory to life. Mr Vanneste is to be commended for his easy-to-understand delivery. I would happily take any other course he teaches.

By Marco T

Jun 23, 2018

Great course. Especially helpful for people coming from different professional backgrounds that want to learn key business concepts and get a first idea of how to apply basic but powerful frameworks to real life corporate situations.

By Heydar

Feb 4, 2021

Indeed, the course learned me a lot of knowledge. Nowadays I have been working for strategic planer. In this aspect, i will use the information, which learned in the course. Thanks to Coursera! thanks University of London.

By Jessica K

Jun 14, 2021

​Such an amazing course. It's quite short but is full of rich content and so much to learn. It feels like I completed an entire semester within these 4 weeks. Completely recommend this course and absolutely loved it.

By Gustavo J

Jan 1, 2021

Very happy after having taken this course. Concepts are very well explained. Examples, readings and learning exercises very well selected and appropriate to increase participants' comprehension.

By Rashid L

Jun 18, 2021

A​ concise course on when to diverse, when to divest and what is your CORPORATE advantage. A must-have course for stategy passionate people. Rougly complex topics that are delivered through mostly plain English.

By Iyiola A

Feb 18, 2020

The instructor broke down the concepts into basic, bite-sized points. The videos were very explanatory, and anyone can follow them. Also, the additional readings were helpful and easy to follow.

Five stars!

By Gurdeep S

Oct 3, 2020

Great content. Covered pieces that was not covered during my education. This course has given me a better perspective of strategy and I hope to utilise the learnings in my next job as a Strategy Analyst!

By Dean S

Feb 22, 2018

Studied Corporate Strategy on my MBA at London Business School many years ago under Phanish Puranam. This course was a great refresher on motives of Corporate Strategy. Can recommend.

By Liam A J M

Mar 14, 2021

Really great course for anyone looking to revisit the theory behind strategic decision making and dive deeper into how to gain corporate advantage across a portfolio of businesses

By Myint M H T

Dec 18, 2020

This course can give the corporate business knowledge to us. After attending the course, I knew the connection of multi business nature and idea of diversification. Thanks.

By Diego E S C

Jun 14, 2021

El curso ha alcanzado y superado las expectativas que tenia. Muy recomendable

Bart Vanneste explica de forma amena, clara y práctica los conceptos de Estrategia Corporativa