Back to Corporate Strategy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Corporate Strategy by University of London

Corporate strategy is the strategy a firm uses to compete across multiple businesses. Many small firms want to grow by entering new businesses. Many large firms already are in multiple businesses, e.g. a photo camera producer selling also sunglasses. We developed this course to help you make good corporate strategy decisions. Of the many decisions a firm has to make, corporate strategy decisions are among the most consequential. We will look at these key corporate strategy decisions: - Diversification: How and which businesses should your firm enter? - Divestiture: How and from which businesses should your firm exit? - Corporate HQ: How should we organize corporate headquarters to create value across the different businesses?...

MI
Apr 16, 2020

This was a great refresher and explained the basics of Corporate Strategy in very easy to understand and enjoyable manner. In nutshell,the course in very logical and serving its purpose fully.

AB
Jul 26, 2020

Very useful course to understand corporate strategy, identify portfolio and its diversification, divestiture. Learnt good theories with real examples. This would be very useful for my career.

26 - 50 of 196 Reviews for Corporate Strategy

By Srividhya R

Course is highly helpful for diverse applications at Corporate Headquarters and Anyone Who wish to pursue this course would be gaining more knowledge about diversities, synergies, Corporate HQ and many policy decisions. Quite impressed with knowledge of faculty too.

By 臧海军

Dec 29, 2017

Great course by Prof. Vanneste, it helped me to acquire a framework for analyzing corporate strategy options and a clear logic for making decisions. It's also a pleasure to have the face to face class with him in Peking University for BiMBA course this December.

By SRIDHAR K

May 3, 2020

I really enjoyed doing this course. The way the course was presented, business cases, real examples etc made the learning more valuable. The learnings from this course will certainly help me in my business ventures. Overall a course worth doing. Thank you.

By Gauri S

Jun 30, 2020

The course provided a deep insight into business, diversification, divestment & corporate strategy. The constant use of case studies and examples also helped in understanding the application of concepts. I found the course very interesting & informative.

By Bharathi K

Feb 13, 2021

Really very informative and easy to understand by the away Professor explains. I loved the course and got confidence of applying in my career. Thank you coursera, University of London and Proff Bart Vanneste for giving such wonderful course to students.

By Thorsten Z

Feb 2, 2020

A very well structured course with great content! I took it to refresh my knowledge from my business studies. Prof. Vanneste explains everything very clearly and also provides very good slides and literature. I highly recommend the course!

By Jessica L

Nov 1, 2020

Excellent content, superbly delivered. Concepts are clearly explained, with real-life examples to bring theory to life. Mr Vanneste is to be commended for his easy-to-understand delivery. I would happily take any other course he teaches.

By Marco T

Jun 23, 2018

Great course. Especially helpful for people coming from different professional backgrounds that want to learn key business concepts and get a first idea of how to apply basic but powerful frameworks to real life corporate situations.

By Heydar

Feb 4, 2021

Indeed, the course learned me a lot of knowledge. Nowadays I have been working for strategic planer. In this aspect, i will use the information, which learned in the course. Thanks to Coursera! thanks University of London.

By Gustavo J

Jan 1, 2021

Very happy after having taken this course. Concepts are very well explained. Examples, readings and learning exercises very well selected and appropriate to increase participants' comprehension.

By Iyiola A

Feb 18, 2020

The instructor broke down the concepts into basic, bite-sized points. The videos were very explanatory, and anyone can follow them. Also, the additional readings were helpful and easy to follow.

Five stars!

By Gurdeep S

Oct 3, 2020

Great content. Covered pieces that was not covered during my education. This course has given me a better perspective of strategy and I hope to utilise the learnings in my next job as a Strategy Analyst!

By Jessica

Jul 16, 2019

Really interesting subject. Easy to apply to small businesses too. Bart Vanneste provides clear, in-depth explanations using good slides that helps you keep motivated throughout the course.

By Dean S

Feb 22, 2018

Studied Corporate Strategy on my MBA at London Business School many years ago under Phanish Puranam. This course was a great refresher on motives of Corporate Strategy. Can recommend.

By Liam A J M

Mar 14, 2021

Really great course for anyone looking to revisit the theory behind strategic decision making and dive deeper into how to gain corporate advantage across a portfolio of businesses

By Myint M H T

Dec 18, 2020

This course can give the corporate business knowledge to us. After attending the course, I knew the connection of multi business nature and idea of diversification. Thanks.

By Amy L

Feb 17, 2018

Bart has made this course easy to be understood by beginners. The book written by Bart is a very good complement to the video. I recommend students read the book as well.

By Priya M M

Dec 12, 2019

Excellent and simple module to understand how multi-business firms should strategise. Highly recommended , especially to understand latest methods of decision making

By Marc R

Jul 9, 2020

Covered the basics very well, plenty of rl examples, some of the readings could be updated to more contemporary cases, but regardless of that, a very good course

By Muhammad H D B K I

Nov 15, 2020

The explanations is sweet and clear. For a quick course, I able to learn a lot of new things and easy to digest. Thank you Bart Vanneste. - Cheers from Malaysia

By Malik I

Apr 20, 2019

The course contents were good and knowledgeable and Mr. Vanneste delivery of lecture and presentation of transparencies was of high skilled convenient to learn.

By PETE P

Nov 20, 2020

A well-structured, well-explained introduction to corporate strategy and corporate advantage. I enjoyed the instructor and the visuals were very helpful.

By Rupal P

Jan 11, 2021

A structured way of thinking from various Aspects with real life case studies. Especially good for Corporate Financial Strategy evaluation

By Reid C

Apr 10, 2020

Valuable perspective, tools, and slides. Great presentation that's easy to follow. Well-timed quiz questions to lock in the learning.

By Akshat C

Apr 10, 2020

Excellent course to understand an overall perspective. Can customize the applications to the real world accordingly. Thank you. :)