Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

BM
Nov 4, 2019

The course was informative on how to build, structure and develop the plot of our own stories. It was also very helpful in guiding us through the editing process. A useful course for aspiring writers.

DA
Nov 30, 2016

Great course to take as the first step in the sequence of the "Creative Writing" certification. Exercises are fun, professor provides useful methodology, load is manageable for someone with a day job.

276 - 300 of 1,358 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By Umme K

Aug 24, 2019

A very effective course to learn creative writing. I have surely improved my skills in terms of writing. Thank you for all the valuable things i have learned. Looking forward for the next part of this course.

By Derya D Y

May 17, 2021

before this course I didn't know how to write in structure or rising action. This course really helped me. I write short stories so much better now. It was great that they give examples on Harry Potter also

By jorge E v D j

Feb 4, 2020

Es un curso excelente que amplía el panorama en la escritura de un relato. Es una guía en el trayecto de la estructura como se conforman las historias. Las clases y el instructor son muy amenos y asertivos.

By Karen R

Nov 2, 2018

I can't say which one of the courses was the best, as I learned so much from each of them. It's been a while since I've taken this course and I'm sure if I took it again, would learn even more. Thank you!

By Laura C

Mar 28, 2017

It is a really good introduction to writing, I love it. The format of the course is excellent for virtual studies, the time periods are good for completing the assignments combine with every day activities.

By Andrea R H

Jun 23, 2020

Brando Skyhorse is such a great teacher! I loved this course through and through, I really feel like I'm improving my writing and it's helping me with the novels I'm currently working on. A million thanks!

By Hardik R

Jun 15, 2021

My writing skills improved a lot after this course. I have to say, I got way more out of this than I was expecting. The course is articulately designed and well-paced. Loved it. I definitely recommend it.

By Fizzah S

Jun 15, 2021

a very beneficial course for beginners, just do something with the review section as not everyone is capable of reviewing honestly. if a teacher could guide or review the assignments we do, it'd be GREAT.

By Sinny N

Oct 14, 2020

Professor was very clear while explaining his classes, I really loved it. I found his writing advices and tips to be very useful. Also the interviews with the other writers shed a new light on my writing.

Mar 25, 2020

I've been writing for a long time, even having some success at it, but have never taken any formal training. I feel that you take away from this course what you put into it, even if you're not a beginner.

By Stephen C

Dec 11, 2020

Loved the experience and challenges in this course. Well-designed learning tasks and helpful videos. The conversational setup of those videos was particularly effective (when compared to lecture style).

By Neerja J

This was my first writing course, I would say it is well structured and do give you challenges in form of assignments. If you are an aspiring writer, its a good way to begin your writing course journey.

By Felicia W

Oct 15, 2020

I truly did enjoy the class and I intend to finish the entire series of courses! I just have to move on a slow pace which I'm very happy it is an available option as well as the discounts on classes.

By David K

Sep 2, 2020

I have always been an avid reader. I took this class to familiarize myself with the techniques behind plot development. I would highly recommend this course, and the creative writing specialization.

By similoluwa f

Apr 4, 2019

It was very impactful and insightful...i had to opportunity to thing through my writing creatively. The idea of other writers reviewing my work was a good one as the feedback was quite constructive.

By Camille T

Oct 12, 2018

Extremely helpful! I'm rethinking a lot of my previous approach to writing, especially when it comes to creating interesting scenes and ensuring my characters each have a clear desire while I write.

By Giovanna S

Mar 11, 2019

It was a good course. It was a good grading method, I was a little opposed in the beginning but I now I understand the value of having more than a teacher read your work.

It is very much worth it.

Jul 1, 2017

Course is well structured and the material is very helpful. I enjoyed both the lessons and the assignments. The review from fellow classmates helped me alot in improving my creative writing skills.

By Ashley K

Mar 15, 2016

Good material. Brando Skyhorse is a very talented lecturer. The exercises look simple but are actually very difficult, so set aside more time than you expect to complete them within the parameters.

By Sandhia K

Oct 26, 2021

I love the course and the instructor is really engaging. I have never written any story before and found the contents of the course super helpful. I will certainly continue with the other modules.

By Crystal M

Mar 19, 2017

I really enjoyed this course. It had a lot of concrete advice, and motivated me to start writing again. The assignments made sense, and gave me a list of things to look for when editing the draft.

By Beata

Dec 5, 2021

The course videos are very instructive and useful, while the assignments put the wealth of knowledge into practice. They can be quite challenging but completing them is very rewarding experience.

By Damilola O

Apr 19, 2017

This course is worth every minute I spent taking it. Thanks to Brando and the rest of the team behind the lens. You've made a better writer out of me. I'd write your name in my acknowledgements!

By Abhinav B

I don't think the peer-reviewing is a great thing. I wrote a great scene got 100% grade at the end, but I got 0 at the first attempt of the same.

Would be great if the mentor could have a look.

By Naomi C R L

Aug 5, 2016

The course helped me a lot in understanding what a plot is. This is my first time to join a creative writing class and I did not regret signing up. Thank you everyone for a very great course.