Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

DA
Nov 30, 2016

Great course to take as the first step in the sequence of the "Creative Writing" certification. Exercises are fun, professor provides useful methodology, load is manageable for someone with a day job.

SD
Jul 13, 2020

It seems easy at the start; give it a week or two and you will be very surprised -- with yourself and your reaction to the feedback.\n\nThe instructions are easy to follow, the insights are priceless.

1176 - 1200 of 1,305 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By Tracy B

Oct 14, 2017

The course instruction helped me develop my story more clearly. I do wish that there was some review other than just by peers.

By Emma R

Jan 31, 2021

Love this resource and Brando and his colleagues. Would have enjoyed longer videos sometimes, they were always pretty short.

By Joel D P

Jun 27, 2018

Pretty good course, learned a lot and honed my skills as a writer. Really enjoyed the lessons and would love to learn more.

By Alishba M

Oct 8, 2020

I loved this course, very enlightening. The instructor was very insightful, and the feedback received is extremely helpful

By Jing Y

May 4, 2016

Clear and concise. Instructional. The only thing that I hope is to get more examples from the course except explanations.

By Lynn U

Jun 11, 2017

I liked the ABDCE formula. It directed my thoughts and ultimately enabled my story to take a more satisfying direction.

By Yaqing H

May 23, 2016

The content is interesting, but not rich enough for a course. I finished all the videos and assignments in only 2 days.

By Diego D C

Mar 30, 2016

highly inspirational, clear, to the point. just sorry that assignments are only for fully registered course followers

By Tom S

Oct 23, 2020

content is exclllent but i found some of the peer assesment wasn't as constructive/helpful as i would have liked.

By Analee P

Aug 28, 2018

I would have preferred to also get feedback from the course instructor. The peer reviews were sometimes wanting.

By Hemant R J

Sep 5, 2017

Brando was excellent in specifying the methodological way of writing stories. Thanks for the 21 point checklist!

By Kislay A K

Mar 1, 2016

Short, pithy descriptions; to the point advice/ suggestions with leeway to alter the structure. Worth the time.

By Aida C

Jul 30, 2020

Very good information, exercises and guests! It was a challenging but very good course for beginning writers.

By David J W S

Jan 1, 2017

Very interesting and enjoyable. Perhaps a little shorter than I expected, although I only audited the course.

By JasonFanfictions

Aug 6, 2020

This is a really good course! It only took me a few days and now I can write great scenes with good detail!

By Khushbu P

it's a very good and knowledgeable course especially for the one who want to make their career in writing

By VISHAL K J

Dec 19, 2020

it was very helpful for beginner like me to realize how the art of expressing through writing works

By Vibeke K

Dec 7, 2017

Content of course is great, but it needs som fixes in the assessment routines to function better.

By Nina W

Mar 10, 2017

Useful and tangible knowledge delivered succinctly. Writing prompts a bit rigid and specific.

By RACHEL J

It was very helpful, could improve my writing skills and understand more about story writing

By Onur Ş

Feb 20, 2018

Good for beginners to understand how to write and even how to read any fictional writings.

By Ray P M

Oct 5, 2016

Simple, great start, could have been a little more profound though. Great start, no doubt.

By Willie E

Apr 2, 2016

Good exercises. Good, interesting, helpful teacher. short lessons. concrete instructions

By Rodolfo M

Dec 5, 2018

The course is good, specially the assignments, although it's not deep enough for 5 stars.

By Paul F H

Nov 20, 2016

I enjoyed the course which was well presented and I feel I have learnt much from it.