Back to Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

LB

Nov 16, 2018

Great information about plot and scene structure. The information about revision was entirely new to me - thank you! The exercises were good and difficult in a good way that helped me hone my writing.

SD

Jul 14, 2020

It seems easy at the start; give it a week or two and you will be very surprised -- with yourself and your reaction to the feedback.\n\nThe instructions are easy to follow, the insights are priceless.

276 - 300 of 1,029 Reviews for Creative Writing: The Craft of Plot

By Bandhana D

Jul 17, 2020

I am thrilled to attend the course - I learned a lot. It was well constructed and with great examples and also made very engaging by the visiting professor.

Thank you!

By Summer S

Sep 19, 2019

I enjoyed these introductory lessons into creative writing. It has given me a great jumping-off point from which to continue growing into the writer I'd like to be.

By Alejandro P

Jun 17, 2018

It has been a great course that helped me better understand the basics of plot, structure, "scenes", building characters and trying to show rather than tell a story

By Janet W

Jul 06, 2016

I loved this course. It really gets into the meat writing. I look forward to the other Creative Writing Courses and recommend it to anyone interested in writing.

By Abdul h

Aug 31, 2020

This course is really wonderful for me. I am glad to choose this course and i have learned many things many technics that i should have learned

By Brianne P

May 27, 2016

I love it and very easy to follow. Great for the beginner trying to fine tune their work and/or get started. They offer you the tools to author your first story!

By Kashera A

Jan 06, 2020

A wonderful course to learn what it really takes to develop a strong plot, write and review it, and to see what others may be doing that you aren't! I loved it.

By Kathrina C O

Apr 30, 2019

This was a fun class that explained why the plot works in popular literature while encouraging the student to apply the learned techniques to their own writing.

By Carol A G

Nov 17, 2018

I'm thoroughly enjoying this course. I look forward to moving through each phase and I feel that I am being guided through the basics in the best possible way.

By Candice T

Jun 19, 2018

I really didn't expect to learn as much as I did! Great, well-organised course. I highly recommend it for those who want to learn the basics of writing a story.

By BELEM L

Jan 08, 2019

Un curso excelente. He aprendido a organizar la estructura de mis textos literarios y a hacer revisiones significativas. Gracias COURSERA por esta oportunidad.

By Rafael S

Sep 06, 2020

A very good course that helped me practice my writing and get some feedback. The modules were well organized and the lessons that I learnt were very valuable.

By Hein M

Jun 11, 2019

I really enjoyed writing the assignments and connecting to students worldwide. I look forward to making more fun during the next course in the specialization.

By Lynnette O

Feb 02, 2017

I learned a lot from this course and enjoyed taking it. The instructor was awesome and the feedback from fellow students was invaluable. Thank you very much

By TS A

This was a great course with a great teacher. I have taken several courses on Coursera for a number of years now. This to me was the best of all, thus far.

By maria g c

Apr 09, 2018

I enjoyed this course, because it gives a good insight to the tecnique of crafting a plot. I will certainly keep the suggestions precious for my own writing!

By Sudeepta S

Oct 09, 2019

Really good class. The exercises were more like riddles and I really enjoyed it. It made me think and get around the conditions and then focus on the story.

By Sebastián C V

Jul 26, 2019

I liked this course a lot. In a few weeks I learned interesting skills to write better. Thank you so much for the oportunity. I would like to continue... :)

By William I H

Sep 12, 2017

The course gave me information and practical new ways of looking at structure and plot that I'm sure are already helping to make me a better writer. Thanks.

By Hugo E G L

Feb 07, 2016

I'm learning a lot about creative writing. The examples are very clear, the course itself is very entertaining. You won't regret taking this course.

Cheers!

By Zara A

That course was best because it initiates creativity. Secondly I really admire our great teacher Brando Skyhorse ,for his best teaching method and style .

By Cristhian K C M

Jan 31, 2019

This course is amazing. The videos explain how to craft a plot in a clear way, and it has fun assignments to do. I enjoyed it! Into the next Craft course!

By Elsa W P

Apr 14, 2017

I found the teaching videos very easy to follow and understand. The assignments were relative to the teaching and helped cement the knowledge in my brain.

By Ishita N

Jul 25, 2020

For anyone who likes to write but is looking for guidance, this is an amazing experience. I loved this course and also the peer here are very supportive.

By Ananyanarayan D

Jul 05, 2020

This is an amazing course. It forced me to exert my thinking muscles in a way they hadn't before. Professor Brando Skyhorse is an exceptional instructor.