Back to Creative Problem Solving

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Creative Problem Solving by University of Minnesota

4.4

This course deals directly with your ability for creativity which is a critical skill in any field. It focuses on divergent thinking, the ability to develop multiple ideas and concepts to solve problems. Through a series of creativity building exercises, short lectures, and readings, learners develop both an understanding of creativity and increase their own ability. This course will help you understand the role of creativity and innovation in your own work and in other disciplines. It will challenge you to move outside of your existing comfort zone and to recognize the value of that exploration. This course will help you understand the importance of diverse ideas, and to convey that understanding to others. The principal learning activity in the course is a series of "differents" where you are challenged to identify and change your own cultural, habitual, and normal patterns of behavior. Beginning with a prompt, e.g. "eat something different", you will begin to recognize your own = limits and to overcome them. In addition, you are encouraged to understand that creativity is based on societal norms, and that by it's nature, it will differ from and be discouraged by society. In this course, the persistence of the creative person is developed through practice. At the same time, these exercises are constrained by concerns of safety, legality, and economics, which are addressed in their creative process....

EN
Jan 17, 2021

I really enjoyed this course, it was very informative and easy to follow. The videos were clear and the graded sections were great. The course as a whole was enjoyable and would recommend to others.

BD
Jul 21, 2020

Great course. It was really a great experience to take this course.\n\nI developed the insight into creativity and will definitely implement in my everyday life.\n\nThanks for such a great course.

176 - 200 of 558 Reviews for Creative Problem Solving

By Якимова Н А

Nov 17, 2020

It was unforgettable! thank you for this opportunity - to develop divergent thinking.

By Raquel I

Aug 28, 2020

God Bless You and Thank you very much, for all the lessons and values you've shared .

By ANAS E

Aug 7, 2020

learned a lot of innovative and creative approaches of problem solving in an easy way

By Jeyhun N

May 5, 2020

that is really out of box course that I will advise for everyone. thank you very much

By Ployphet V

May 2, 2020

This course opens my eye, my thought and I so much happy while I learned this course.

By Steve E

Dec 13, 2020

Well presented course. Lot's of valuable information, no matter your business title.

By Dr. V B

Apr 21, 2020

The course was excellent! Exercises were not only interesting but simple to execute.

By Ruth J

Jul 30, 2020

The course opened my mind to a lot of area where you can develop a creative skills.

By Maria

Jun 14, 2020

I had a lot of fun being creative with the assignments! Thank you for this course!

By Hui T

May 8, 2020

I really enjoyed this course, thank you for putting lots of efforts by making this

By Md S U R

Apr 26, 2020

Thank you COURSERA to give me that kind of chance to make my career more creative.

By Ubeysiriwardana A M

Jun 13, 2020

This helps me to grab lot of knowledge and a good foundation for my future career

By Jibrin O P

May 3, 2020

its helpful and useful and i will recommend for others to take the course. Thanks

By Alan C

Aug 27, 2017

That is a great course! The best course of my life untill now. Thank you so much!

By Sonam K

Jul 23, 2020

Thank you for the course! I developed my creativity, problem solving techniques.

By Ayodeji P

May 6, 2020

very insightful and i learnt new ways to think and train my brain to be creative

By Edoho E

Oct 18, 2019

I loved it. Very engaging and has made me see a whole new side in me. Thank you.

By vinoo m

great course , interesting exercises to do , a start that needs to be continued

By Aditi b

Jul 8, 2020

This is very interesting course I suggest try this course it had a lots of fun

By Ayesha F

Sep 30, 2020

best experience of life of been indulged in this course activities..!! 👌🔥❤

By LEFTERIS G

Sep 23, 2020

Thank you for sharing your knowledge. I appreciate so much!

We 'll be in touch

By Ahmed I

Aug 18, 2020

Was a wonderful experience and helped me learn new ways to develop creativity

By Gian L

Feb 27, 2016

Very inspiring and useful. Thanks for providing me with such a great service.

By SHIVA K

It was very nice course and really enjoyed by peer assignment and all that .

By Tabassum H

May 5, 2020

i find it very helpful to go outside my comfort space.to build my confident.