Back to Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success by Imperial College London

In today’s ever-growing and changing world, being able to think creatively and innovatively are essential skills. It can sometimes be challenging to step back and reflect in an environment which is fast paced or when you are required to assimilate large amounts of information. Making sense of or communicating new ideas in an innovative and engaging way, approaching problems from fresh angles, and producing novel solutions are all traits which are highly sought after by employers. This course will equip you with a ‘tool-box’, introducing you to a selection of behaviours and techniques that will augment your innate creativity. Some of the tools are suited to use on your own and others work well for a group, enabling you to leverage the power of several minds. You can pick and choose which of these tools or techniques suit your needs and interests, focusing on some or all of the selected approaches and in the order that fits best for you. The practical approach of this course enables you to acquire an essential skill-set for generating ideas, with plenty of: - Fun e-tivities and exercises; - Practical lectures and tips; - Video representations of the techniques in action. By the end of this course you should be able to: - Pick a type of brainstorming you think will be useful to apply to a challenge - Use alphabet brainstorming in tackling a challenge - Use grid brainstorming in tackling a challenge - Use a morphological chart to synthesise a solution to a challenge - Use the TRIZ contradiction matrix to identify recommended inventive principles - Apply SCAMPER to a range of challenges The greatest innovators aren’t necessarily the people who have the most original idea. Often, they are people- or teams- that have harnessed their creativity to develop a new perspective or more effective way of communicating an idea. You can train your imagination to seize opportunities, break away from routine and habit, and tap into your natural creativity. Join this course and our community of practitioners in CREATIVITY!...

OE

I enjoyed this course right from the start. The videos are relatable and exciting as so were the reading exercises to get a better knowledge of how to think and easy, fast steps to get to those ideas.

M
Jul 22, 2020

Amazing to find out that I have been using the Six thinking Hats tool all my adult life and I wasn't even aware of its existence! As an Event Manager, I would definitely be applying many of the tools.

201 - 225 of 871 Reviews for Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success

By Syafiq K

Dec 4, 2020

I have learned a lot of things in relation to creative thinking skills. Shall be useful in my life, moving forward. Thanks a lot, Prof Childs.

By Shaji A S

Jun 5, 2020

Excellent course

Well taught and executed this course not only help in your professional life but also help in personal life.

Highly recommended

By Tejas K

May 22, 2020

I had fun while learning this course. Thank you coursera for giving me an opportunity to learn Creative Thinking. Thank you Imperial College.

By Gunjali S

One of the essential course I did from Coursera that made me understand various Creativity tools n how to use it effectively in our lives...

By Zarina Z

Jun 1, 2020

I thank Coursera and Peter Childs for the wonderful, exciting course and unique opportunity to expand knowledge in the field of creativity.

By Elyes M

Apr 13, 2020

Thanks a lot. These skills are very useful and practical in our lives and jobs. Creativity is a necessity, especially in periods of crisis.

By Joshua E

May 12, 2020

I feel so elated about taking and completing this course. I enjoyed every process from brainstorming to scamper. Peter is a great Teacher.

By Ajith D

May 4, 2020

Quite easy to follow the course. Creativity tools are explained comprehensively. Well thought assignment problems are the few highlights.

By Debora E

Apr 21, 2020

I love this course and will recommend to my friends to enrol this course. Thankyou for such a mind blowing and interesting materials. GBU

By rajinder s s

Nov 25, 2020

This is one course which I really enjoyed. Material is crisp and to the point. This could one of the best courses available on Coursera.

By Mohammed F B F

Jul 29, 2020

I truly enjoyed this course. I would like to take the subsequent course on this topic if it is offered by Coursera and Imperial College.

By Heather M R

Jul 8, 2020

Loved that i learned there were different ways to brainstorm. This was a fun course for me and it's been helping me at work and at home.

By Yong S T

Oct 7, 2020

I learned new things in this course and I apply some of the tools I learn in this course, thank you so much for teaching me new things!

By Prashant

Apr 18, 2020

coursera is wonderful platform for connection with great minds , it enriches your experience and provide you excellent drafted course.

By Ideshni D

May 16, 2021

Awesome Course. The facilitation and videos, as well as examples and practicals were engaging and informative. Thank you Peter Childs

By Giulia P

Jan 25, 2021

As a beginner, this course brought me from zero to hero. I recommend doing the assignments seriously because there lies the learning.

By Mariana L

Great Course, full of interesting tools to use in every single discipline and daily life challenges to solve problems with creativity

By Erika J M

Nov 30, 2020

It is very tecnical so at first you may feel like is too much but actualy they explain very good and shows diferent tools to create.

By Nazia S

May 22, 2020

This course is very helpful and interesting. From this course I am able to solve many problems in a creative way. Thank you so much.

By Tracy O

Jun 2, 2020

This is a very informative course and the topics can be applied to various concepts may it be in your career or in your daily life.

By Aryan S

ITS an amazing course for learning and using various techniques to develop our tasks more creative and work in an innovative manner

By Prince Y

Oct 2, 2020

Course structure is quite good and interesting, would love to do some other career oriented course from Imperial College London.

By Ogunwale P K

May 7, 2020

Exceptional course. Learnt alot. cannot wait to start putting the tools i learnt to make positive impact in my life and carrier.

By harshit r s

May 24, 2021

The course is very fun and interesting . You would definitely learn about various tools that uses creativity to solve a problem

By Alejandro C D

Jul 27, 2020

Excellent course that allows us to access creativity development techniques and inspires us to reach our 100% creative capacity