Back to Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success by Imperial College London

In today’s ever-growing and changing world, being able to think creatively and innovatively are essential skills. It can sometimes be challenging to step back and reflect in an environment which is fast paced or when you are required to assimilate large amounts of information. Making sense of or communicating new ideas in an innovative and engaging way, approaching problems from fresh angles, and producing novel solutions are all traits which are highly sought after by employers. This course will equip you with a ‘tool-box’, introducing you to a selection of behaviours and techniques that will augment your innate creativity. Some of the tools are suited to use on your own and others work well for a group, enabling you to leverage the power of several minds. You can pick and choose which of these tools or techniques suit your needs and interests, focusing on some or all of the selected approaches and in the order that fits best for you. The practical approach of this course enables you to acquire an essential skill-set for generating ideas, with plenty of: - Fun e-tivities and exercises; - Practical lectures and tips; - Video representations of the techniques in action. By the end of this course you should be able to: - Pick a type of brainstorming you think will be useful to apply to a challenge - Use alphabet brainstorming in tackling a challenge - Use grid brainstorming in tackling a challenge - Use a morphological chart to synthesise a solution to a challenge - Use the TRIZ contradiction matrix to identify recommended inventive principles - Apply SCAMPER to a range of challenges The greatest innovators aren’t necessarily the people who have the most original idea. Often, they are people- or teams- that have harnessed their creativity to develop a new perspective or more effective way of communicating an idea. You can train your imagination to seize opportunities, break away from routine and habit, and tap into your natural creativity. Join this course and our community of practitioners in CREATIVITY!...

OE

I enjoyed this course right from the start. The videos are relatable and exciting as so were the reading exercises to get a better knowledge of how to think and easy, fast steps to get to those ideas.

M

Jul 23, 2020

Amazing to find out that I have been using the Six thinking Hats tool all my adult life and I wasn't even aware of its existence! As an Event Manager, I would definitely be applying many of the tools.

126 - 150 of 683 Reviews for Creative Thinking: Techniques and Tools for Success

By Mary O

Jul 23, 2020

By Željan L

May 01, 2020

This course gave me an awesome explanation of methods for which I didn't know their name but was using them in everyday life. It's a must for those who want to enhance their skills and capabilities.

By Soha E

Sep 10, 2020

I was able to learn and apply creative tools easily. I've especially enjoyed the morphological analysis tool as it has helped me break down an issue at work and start to solve it systemically.

By Ghina I

Sep 07, 2020

Thank you so much, for Mr. Peter. I really enjoy this Creative Thinking : Techniques and Tools for Success

It really makes me thingking out of the box and craving for a new ideas to explore.

By Anik G

May 09, 2020

Had lots of fun doing this course.Learnt a lot of techniques regarding brainstorming ,TRIZ,Six hats(my favourite) and morphological analysis.I hope I could apply this knowledge in my field

By LEE W L

Jun 04, 2020

This course will potentially and effectively augment and improve my analytical and thinking pattern and enhance my creativity ability to develop new ideas and metaphor as well as analogies.

By AMAN M

Jul 20, 2020

This is the course for which I must say if someone did this they will be the upcoming creator of many things in life with lots more innovative things in daily life or in professional life.

By MANISH K

Many types of CREATIVE thinking techniques learned with ease:

1. Different types of Brainstorming Techniques,

2. Six Thinking Hats Technique,

3. Morphological analysis,

4. TRIZ,

5. SCAMPER

By shilpa

I really thankful to IMPERIAL college of LONDON to give the special opportunity during COVID-19 to utilise our time to completing the course and actually know the techniques of teaching

By Rapster J A

The content and syllabus is absolutely amazing. The professors instructions are clearly conveyed and very easy to understand. Overall there is a lot to take and learn from this course.

By Kishore S

Jul 25, 2020

Course is really fantastic. Provokes nice ideas with different creative methodologies. These techniques can be used in daily life to nurture individual self development and confidence

By Estelle

May 13, 2020

I learned a lot; the tools are practical and can be applied to a lot of situations! For once, it is a course you can really integrate into your daily life, professional like personal.

By Pitchaphorn N

This course provides many techniques that make you generate new ideas to solve some problem effectively. If you want to be a manager, inventor or something, this course is necessary.

By Joohi D

May 13, 2020

This course was very informative and interactive. Rather than just totally theory based, there were lot of practical activities throughout which helped in gaining good understanding.

By Arpana K

The tools and techniques taught in the course are very useful for coming with a large number of ideas to solve a problem. It is directly helpful in improving my professional skill.

By Omkar P

Jun 12, 2020

Thankyou so much Sir Peter Childs for sharing your valuable knowledge about Creativity and its types. This will really help me to implement your knowledge in the future. Thankyou.

By Powsali G

This is an amazing course. It does not matter if you are a student or entrepreneur or a homemaker, you can definitely use the techniques described here to find creative solutions.

By Rizki K

Jul 30, 2020

Hello, i'm Rizki from Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia. I recommend you to take this course especially for the people who are interested in organization and problem solving.

By Prachi N N

Jul 20, 2020

Its very nice course to enhance our creativity. After completing this course I found out several changes in myself for solving any problem creatively. It is really best course.

By Tee Y B

May 22, 2020

Through this course, I learnt that creativity is not after all an abstract. There are various tools or methods which can enable anyone to develop the creativity skills in them.

By Nittima S

It is fun ! :) everyone can learn. Don't have to be creative before joining (like me) but you will learn more how to be and you will have fun with a nice Prof.Peter Childs :)

By Sri _ B

Jun 02, 2020

This course helped me in building my way of thinking towards different problems in different ways. This course is really good for all the beginner life long learners also.

By Mohamed E S

May 08, 2020

I like the course, it gives you an insight into how to be systematic thinker.

I suggest to create another course for each tool so students can learn deeply each of them.

By Constanza M R G

Jun 24, 2020

Highly recommendable. It teaches creative thinking techniques that are unknown for most of us and explain so good that you can start using them easily. Love the course.

By Alejandro F

Jun 12, 2020

Excellent course. It encourages you to exploit your creativity and provide you creative thinking techniques that will be useful for your professional and personal life.