Back to Cryptography I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Cryptography I by Stanford University

Cryptography is an indispensable tool for protecting information in computer systems. In this course you will learn the inner workings of cryptographic systems and how to correctly use them in real-world applications. The course begins with a detailed discussion of how two parties who have a shared secret key can communicate securely when a powerful adversary eavesdrops and tampers with traffic. We will examine many deployed protocols and analyze mistakes in existing systems. The second half of the course discusses public-key techniques that let two parties generate a shared secret key. Throughout the course participants will be exposed to many exciting open problems in the field and work on fun (optional) programming projects. In a second course (Crypto II) we will cover more advanced cryptographic tasks such as zero-knowledge, privacy mechanisms, and other forms of encryption....

BH
Jan 13, 2020

Provides a comprehensive introduction to cryptographic history, current technology, best practices and known attacker techniques. A great deal of material is covered in a relatively compact program.

BC
Mar 10, 2017

Cutting edge cryptography topics. Good explanations and slides, but pause button is highly recommended. Can be a bit too mathematical for the general public, and not very formal for mathematicians.

301 - 325 of 718 Reviews for Cryptography I

By B K R

Apr 13, 2016

Excellent course, even the persons lacking the very basics of cryptography can understand.

By Krishna R

May 3, 2019

A theoretically rigorous course that really needs time and lots of dedication to succeed.

By Nilo

Mar 13, 2017

Thanks for Coursera to give me a valuable opportunity to improve my skills coursera rocks

By Pradeep K

Nov 8, 2018

I feel I learnt a lot about cryptography

through this course and understood it's bounces.

By Maxy

Jul 21, 2020

A very good course for beginners.

More practical session is needed for next level course

By Dawit T F

Jan 30, 2020

it is so amazing and it gives me a great opportunities to me to develop my future plan.

By Kamal S

Aug 3, 2018

I am Leaning So Many Things About Cryptography,Thanks Coursera Given This opportunists.

By Abhinav B

Dec 23, 2019

A pretty good course and great to be a part of it. Hoping to learn more in the future!

By Mathias D S G

Dec 15, 2019

The method is nice, the professor is fantasic, it should have more pratical exercices.

By Alberto G

Oct 29, 2017

The course is challenging and requires a lot of attention and effort from the student.

By Remko T

Jul 8, 2017

Excellent course. The videos are very well explained, and the problems are insightful.

By Dmitry G

Sep 16, 2019

Great balance between mathematical precision and high-level common sense explanation.

By Ahmed

Feb 11, 2018

i always respect any courses from Stanford , this course is one of the reasons why <3

By Milos J

Sep 29, 2020

The course gives us real examples for understanding of what is Cryptography in fact.

By Ionut M C

Mar 10, 2019

I took this course back in 2015. I still remember the joy I had then as I did now :)

By Tran V T

Mar 9, 2018

THe course content is well organized with lots of examples and historical use cases.

By Sharad K

Apr 8, 2017

Excellent course and covers a lot of ground. Fairly challenging, at least foe me :).

By Izzatbek

May 3, 2019

Excellent course. The professor knows how to teach hard things in very simple way.

By Alexandru J

Jun 7, 2016

Great course.

Very intensive - not a single page without teaching you something new.

By Dr. A M S

Oct 29, 2019

Exceptional content. Clears all concepts in encryption. Wonderful Course Material.

By salvador e

Oct 16, 2018

Excellent!!!!! The programming exercises are very useful for a good understanding

By Rajiv R

Jan 1, 2018

Wonderful course explained from basics. Thanks a lot for the Stanford experience.

By Raju A

Oct 18, 2017

Very good emphasis on fundamentals and mathematical foundations for cryptography.

By Eric W

Dec 12, 2016

Challenging but worth the effort, especially if you work in software development.

By Laurent D

Jul 5, 2019

Very interesting course, I really enjoyed it, congratulations Dan for your work!