Back to Cryptography I

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Cryptography I by Stanford University

Cryptography is an indispensable tool for protecting information in computer systems. In this course you will learn the inner workings of cryptographic systems and how to correctly use them in real-world applications. The course begins with a detailed discussion of how two parties who have a shared secret key can communicate securely when a powerful adversary eavesdrops and tampers with traffic. We will examine many deployed protocols and analyze mistakes in existing systems. The second half of the course discusses public-key techniques that let two parties generate a shared secret key. Throughout the course participants will be exposed to many exciting open problems in the field and work on fun (optional) programming projects. In a second course (Crypto II) we will cover more advanced cryptographic tasks such as zero-knowledge, privacy mechanisms, and other forms of encryption....

BH
Jan 13, 2020

Provides a comprehensive introduction to cryptographic history, current technology, best practices and known attacker techniques. A great deal of material is covered in a relatively compact program.

LG
Dec 15, 2017

This course gives is perfect to start learning cryptography, explanations are detailed, topics carefully selected combining theory with real world examples and making emphasis in important details.

301 - 325 of 758 Reviews for Cryptography I

Mar 31, 2016

This course is one of the best course I have tried lately and I cannot wait for Cryptography 2.

By Radhika P S

Jan 4, 2018

The explanation was very clear provided with adequate examples and timely discussion on forum.

By Bennett M

Dec 11, 2017

Very thorough, clear, coverage of cryptography fundamentals. Projects are fun and instructive!

By Pregie A T G

Jun 5, 2016

I learned a lot about this course. This is a very helpful addition knowledge to my profession.

By Liang

Mar 17, 2016

I have already finished this course in 2014. This is my second time. Five-star recommendation!

By El H I N

Mar 28, 2019

My first experience in coursera, material is clear, examples are good. Thanks for this class.

By Tigran S

May 6, 2018

Very very good and interesting course. The professor is also very good. Thank you very much.

By Aditya C

Mar 28, 2018

Learnt a lot from this course and the content was also in sync with my curriculum in college.

By Anil K P

Aug 25, 2021

VEry advanced to my experience, good eye opener to the world of arithmetic and cryptography.

By Jens V M

Jan 28, 2021

Excellent. Good pace and just right level of quiz questions (not too easy! and not too hard)

By 이효승

Sep 24, 2019

It's really good and valuable lecture. Thank you professor and coursera. I do not forget it.

By Amit A

Jan 30, 2018

Very good course but some topics at the end are left to be covered. Waiting for next course.

By Danilo F

Apr 24, 2021

Amazing course for learning the basic principles of Crypto. Great lectures and assignments.

By ravindu k

Feb 6, 2021

This course is very well explained and very stimulating. Breaking the edge of cryptography.

By Zeeshan A

Jul 17, 2020

Amazing course, had fun learning the basics of cryptography. Can't wait for Cryptography II

By B K R

Apr 13, 2016

Excellent course, even the persons lacking the very basics of cryptography can understand.

By Krishna R

May 3, 2019

A theoretically rigorous course that really needs time and lots of dedication to succeed.

By Nilo

Mar 13, 2017

Thanks for Coursera to give me a valuable opportunity to improve my skills coursera rocks

By Pradeep K

Nov 8, 2018

I feel I learnt a lot about cryptography

through this course and understood it's bounces.

By ma x

Jul 21, 2020

A very good course for beginners.

More practical session is needed for next level course

By Dawit T F

Jan 30, 2020

it is so amazing and it gives me a great opportunities to me to develop my future plan.

By Kamal S

Aug 3, 2018

I am Leaning So Many Things About Cryptography,Thanks Coursera Given This opportunists.

By Abhinav B

Dec 23, 2019

A pretty good course and great to be a part of it. Hoping to learn more in the future!

By Mathias D S G

Dec 15, 2019

The method is nice, the professor is fantasic, it should have more pratical exercices.

By Alberto G

Oct 29, 2017

The course is challenging and requires a lot of attention and effort from the student.