Back to Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies by Princeton University

To really understand what is special about Bitcoin, we need to understand how it works at a technical level. We’ll address the important questions about Bitcoin, such as: How does Bitcoin work? What makes Bitcoin different? How secure are your Bitcoins? How anonymous are Bitcoin users? What determines the price of Bitcoins? Can cryptocurrencies be regulated? What might the future hold? After this course, you’ll know everything you need to be able to separate fact from fiction when reading claims about Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. You’ll have the conceptual foundations you need to engineer secure software that interacts with the Bitcoin network. And you’ll be able to integrate ideas from Bitcoin in your own projects. Course Lecturers: Arvind Narayanan, Princeton University All the features of this course are available for free. It does not offer a certificate upon completion....

AG
Dec 22, 2017

I've gained a strong knowledge of Bitcoin's architecture but wish this course was updated to include the developments of the last two years. A few lectures on alt-coins would have been useful as well.

MB
Mar 10, 2018

Great course, a very broad and in-depth overview of concepts surrounding cryptocurrencies and Bitcoin in particular. Would be great to have an update of course; perhaps once the ICO craze is over? (-:

601 - 621 of 621 Reviews for Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies

By Jose M S M

Jul 5, 2017

Good introduction to blockchain and cryptocurrency, simple and to the roots, to start to know.

By Marco S

Jan 7, 2018

I had troubles in understanding assignments. I think they should be more descriptive

By Stefano E C

Mar 13, 2018

Contents are referred to 2014 status of bitcoin and of the related topics.

By Pawan K G

Jul 4, 2020

Its an amazing course but a certificate could have been motivating

By Mark X

Oct 22, 2017

i would like more practice, i.e., more programming assignment

By Pablo A B

Jul 18, 2017

Needed a Certificate of Accomplishment to be really worthy

By Kin M L

Oct 22, 2017

the homework is not very well structured.

By Serjey G I

Mar 9, 2017

Nice course with troublesome assignments.

By Takahiro A

Jan 14, 2017

Assignments would need to be improved...

By Robin L

Oct 12, 2017

对于了解比特币,还不错,作业内容实用性不强,前后逻辑还有同可能内容关联性不大。

By Maria N

Jun 10, 2020

Good lections, but bad assignments

By ashutosh r

Aug 28, 2020

It was nice to study this.

By SONU D

Oct 19, 2020

no certificate

By Jonathan G

May 16, 2018

This was a tedious and boring course! the assignments were impossible to decipher and I fail to see the end result of the point of the coins. Wouldn't it make more sense to have some form of physical currency or bartering instead?

By Frederik W A

Aug 25, 2021

They toke a very interesting topioc and made it as boring as possible. The teachers very boring and the material was boring. Old powerpoint presentation like form the early 2000.

By chatal

Jul 19, 2017

Data from 2014 isn't useful in today's environment. Although fundamentals are clearly valid tpday, an update to course is mandatory

By Syrita N

Feb 23, 2018

This course was a little too advanced for me and not quite what I had in mind.

By Leopold W

Dec 15, 2017

ntm

By Jasmine V

May 28, 2021

First off, I completed my first year in university in Computer Science. I don't shy away from code. I have good experience with Python and C# mostly. But the FIRST assignment is Java code based with the most poorly explained instructions and no code material leading up to it (in my quick flick through the material as soon as I saw the Java Assignment). Poor decision for such a good course.