Back to Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies by Princeton University

To really understand what is special about Bitcoin, we need to understand how it works at a technical level. We’ll address the important questions about Bitcoin, such as: How does Bitcoin work? What makes Bitcoin different? How secure are your Bitcoins? How anonymous are Bitcoin users? What determines the price of Bitcoins? Can cryptocurrencies be regulated? What might the future hold? After this course, you’ll know everything you need to be able to separate fact from fiction when reading claims about Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. You’ll have the conceptual foundations you need to engineer secure software that interacts with the Bitcoin network. And you’ll be able to integrate ideas from Bitcoin in your own projects. Course Lecturers: Arvind Narayanan, Princeton University All the features of this course are available for free. It does not offer a certificate upon completion....

AG
Dec 22, 2017

I've gained a strong knowledge of Bitcoin's architecture but wish this course was updated to include the developments of the last two years. A few lectures on alt-coins would have been useful as well.

MB
Mar 10, 2018

Great course, a very broad and in-depth overview of concepts surrounding cryptocurrencies and Bitcoin in particular. Would be great to have an update of course; perhaps once the ICO craze is over? (-:

626 - 629 of 629 Reviews for Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency Technologies

Dec 15, 2017

ntm

By Jasmine V

May 28, 2021

First off, I completed my first year in university in Computer Science. I don't shy away from code. I have good experience with Python and C# mostly. But the FIRST assignment is Java code based with the most poorly explained instructions and no code material leading up to it (in my quick flick through the material as soon as I saw the Java Assignment). Poor decision for such a good course.

By Burton W

Jan 12, 2022

This course is now so out-dated.