Back to Unordered Data Structures

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Unordered Data Structures by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

The Unordered Data Structures course covers the data structures and algorithms needed to implement hash tables, disjoint sets and graphs. These fundamental data structures are useful for unordered data. For example, a hash table provides immediate access to data indexed by an arbitrary key value, that could be a number (such as a memory address for cached memory), a URL (such as for a web cache) or a dictionary. Graphs are used to represent relationships between items, and this course covers several different data structures for representing graphs and several different algorithms for traversing graphs, including finding the shortest route from one node to another node. These graph algorithms will also depend on another concept called disjoint sets, so this course will also cover its data structure and associated algorithms....

AF
Jul 16, 2020

This course had good coverage on hashing, disjoint sets, graphs. This course will improve coding skills.\n\nI'm happy with material, coding practices, quiz and projects.

TK

An insanely good course in which the instructors and professors put in the maximum possible amount of work for the student's benefit and clarity. Learnt a ton!

76 - 92 of 92 Reviews for Unordered Data Structures

By Guo L

Nov 22, 2019

This course is good though some of the contents may need refinement. Code examples are very helpful.

By Eder R

Mar 13, 2020

The class videos and the quizzes are excellent. the coding part is a bit to easy

By Parag S

Dec 22, 2019

Very Nice Course, recommended for every Computer student.

By Vladimir N

Sep 30, 2019

I've audited this course. It was useful for me. Thanks.

By مريم ع

Sep 27, 2020

The course added alot of knowledge to me

By Arvind D

Jan 7, 2020

Needs to be a bit more in detail

By Pedro G

Jun 12, 2020

Tough, but I am glad I took it.

By Eliot C

Jul 31, 2021

S​till not enough assignments.

By Gloria

Nov 14, 2020

I've finished all three courses in this specialization. They are all great overall. However while studying the third course I feel like it's not well organized as the first two courses. There are some errors in the video that are not corrected yet, with only a few pages of note inserted into the video. And I think the most important part in this course is the run time analysis. But somehow the professor just went through them very quick with only a few words of explanations. I have to check back the old slides and the forums to read the explanations provided by the assistants. It gave me an impression that the professor just want to finish each topic as fast as he can.

By Claire L

May 1, 2021

the tempo of the lecture is not very well, especially for the week 4 courses. the video should have presented the lecture slides ALL the time so that people have enough time to read through the content, instead of switching to the full screen of the prof. immediately after the prof. read through the lines in a super fast speed. it is not very friendly for people who aren't familar with those algorithms. overall, the learning experience is not as good as the previous two courses.

By Sang L

Jan 9, 2021

So many errors in the video which distract students from learning the material. Makes me wonder about the quality of the online MS program by UIUC

By Zhanzhi J

Apr 13, 2020

The concept of the mentioned data structures are clearly delivered. But there is a gap between concepts and implement of C++ codes.

By Aderlly L L

Apr 27, 2020

More theory discussed along the course but there are not many examples and the difficulty increases a lot.

By Ankith M

Nov 12, 2020

Exceptional course! Lots of theory involved!.

Week 4 challenge seems to have been designed in a rush

By Changlin J

Feb 4, 2021

a lot of typo and error on the video

By Robert M d V

Apr 18, 2020

The lectures were only mildly informative and the assignments give too much hand holding to even be considered a challenge at all

I feel the course has failed to effectively provide the students the rigor required to fully utilize and understand the power of data structures. Also, some real world examples on applications of data structures would go a longer way than simply academic ones

By James K

Aug 3, 2021

You are on your own. You will be left to figure out everything on your own. The staff completely abandoned the students in this course. Dicussion questions have been left unanswered for months. I am lead to believe that this is how they will treat their students in the online MCS or MCS-DS program. I am happy I did not have any intention of applying for the program when I enrolled in this course.

Nothing in my life has changed after I finished course. However, I have more knowledge about C++ data structures. I will most likely never apply any of the skills I picked up in this course and you should not expect to do the same.