Back to Curanderismo: Traditional Healing Using Plants

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Curanderismo: Traditional Healing Using Plants by University of New Mexico

COURSE DESCRIPTION As one of four courses on Curanderismo, the art of Hispanic/Latino traditional medicine, this course focuses specifically on the use of plants in traditional healing. As an educational and cultural platform, this course will share the history, influences, and contributions of traditional medicine. Trained traditional healers will share their knowledge of the healing properties of plants commonly found in the Southwestern United States and Mexico through practical applications that can still be used today. Learners will not become certified traditional healers at the completion of this course but will be able apply basic principles or traditional medicine to approach health and illnesses. They will become familiar specifically with the use of plants for the digestive and nervous systems; how to prepare tinctures and microdosis for healing; how to use juice therapy and geotherapy (clay combined with plants) for treatments; and the use of herbal oils and herbal smoke for healing. Future Curanderismo courses include: Traditional Healing of the Body: Intestinal blockage empacho, firecupping ventosas, and hydrotherapy (healing with water) Traditional Healing of the Mind, Energy and Spirit: Sweatlodge Temazcal, Energetic/Spiritual cleansings Limpias, and Laugh therapy risaterapia. Global and Cultural Influences of Traditional Healing: African tradition, Afro Latino from Cuba and Puerto Rico, Native American spiritual cleansings and Mayan acupuncture. REQUIRED TEXTS Curanderismo: The Art of Traditional Medicine without Borders by Eliseo Torres Curandero: Traditional Healers of Mexico and the Southwest by Eliseo Torres with Imanol Miranda Where to buy: https://he.kendallhunt.com/product/curanderismo-art-traditional-medicine-without-borders https://he.kendallhunt.com/product/curandero-traditional-healers-mexico-and-southwest OPTIONAL TEXTS Curandero: A life in Mexican Folk Healing by Eliseo Torres & Tim Sawyer Healing with Herbs & Rituals: A Mexican Tradition, Eliseo Torres, edited by Tim Sawyer Where to buy: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/curandero-torres-eliseo-cheo/1120135382?ean=9780826336415&st=PLA&sid=BNB_1341481610&sourceId=PLAGoNA&dpid=tdtve346c&2sid=Google_c&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3_6LmYev3gIViuNkCh3IPgUyEAQYASABEgLYXfD_BwE https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/healing-with-herbs-and-rituals-torres-eliseo-cheo/1120135381?ean=9780826339621&st=PLA&sid=BNB_825204424&sourceId=PLAGoNA&dpid=tdtve346c&2sid=Google_c&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrrvswYev3gIVBsRkCh3BXQCHEAQYASABEgLnl_D_BwE...

SH

Feb 9, 2019

Wonderful, enlightening course. The speakers were all so knowledgeable, and the information that presented has practical uses. I look forward to using what I learned to heal myself and others.

F

Feb 1, 2022

I enjoyed this course very much. Considering they were mini courses i felt like I got some really good information that I can expand on. Thank you so much for offering these courses.

51 - 68 of 68 Reviews for Curanderismo: Traditional Healing Using Plants

By Mary-Katherine S

Apr 27, 2021

Amazing course

By Malshi O G

Oct 13, 2019

good

By Shirley A

Mar 27, 2019

E

By Danna R

Es un excelente curso para introducirnos en un mundo de medicina alternativa, para entender la fuerza de la madre naturaleza y mejorar nuestro campo energético. Para los que no somos mexicanos nos hace desear poder obtener todo ese boticario y también cuestionarnos como son los curanderos en nuestra región. Muchas gracias por las enseñanzas.

By Fern L

Dec 11, 2020

I very much enjoyed each presenter and their presentation. I would have like to have had more in-depth studies on each topic. This course has given me new techniques to add to what I already use, as well as knowledge of the use of some herbs I didn't know. Thank you to all the instructors.

By Marina A

Apr 27, 2021

I really enjoyed the presenters and the demonstrations. This was really fascinating to learn about. I plan to incorporate some of the knowledge and techniques into my massage therapy practice.

By Edith D

Dec 23, 2020

Hello, all data and explication is excellent, only i will be grateful if you could give us an special space for doubts or additional information. Thank you very much!

By Dr. G J

Its nice to learn different therapies to heal human from the pain and serious diseases which otherwise is very serious to manage. Thank you so much

By Elena I R T

Jan 18, 2021

El contenido es muy bueno, sin embargo me gustaría que se cubrieran algunos temas más a fondo. La traducción en los subtítulos puede mejorar.

By Jona V

Jun 18, 2020

The ability to print out video information would be beneficial or copies of videos.

By Cherie A

May 21, 2021

Great information . It just left me wanting more. thank you

By Joy S

Nov 22, 2019

Useful information that is safe to do oneself at home.

By Karen L

Mar 30, 2021

En general el curso es demasiado básico, podrían incorporar cápsulas de videos más amplias para detallar el tema a abordar. Y recomendar mayor referencias bibliográficas, no solo sus libros.

A pesar de todo, rescato conocimientos como el Moxa.

By fernando g u

Apr 1, 2022

No entiendo muy bien que no se acepte una especializaciòn global...si se han hecho los 4 cursos.Esto es universitario y deberian dejarse de protecciones que no viene al caso...No pretendo formarme como curandero...porque ya lo soy.

By Mark S

May 16, 2022

I love the inspiration and the knowledge that is being shared here. However, since I am auditing this class I am left with only an introduction, no reading and no way to learn anything else unless I pay for the course. I think it would be best to not offer the audit and just say pay or no way. Left hanging I am disappointed.

By Marlene D

Oct 1, 2019

The course is not what I expected, and I would like to be unenrolled from it

By Azzeddine K

Feb 21, 2021

Questions are bad, they must be put on the basis of options