Back to Getting and Cleaning Data

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Getting and Cleaning Data by Johns Hopkins University

Before you can work with data you have to get some. This course will cover the basic ways that data can be obtained. The course will cover obtaining data from the web, from APIs, from databases and from colleagues in various formats. It will also cover the basics of data cleaning and how to make data “tidy”. Tidy data dramatically speed downstream data analysis tasks. The course will also cover the components of a complete data set including raw data, processing instructions, codebooks, and processed data. The course will cover the basics needed for collecting, cleaning, and sharing data....

HS

May 03, 2020

This course provides an introduction of some important concepts and tools on a very important aspect of data science: cleaning and organizing data before any analysis. A must for any data scientist.

DH

Feb 02, 2016

Easy, mostly instructive Course. The Assignments and quizzes are quite good, and illustrates the lessons very well.\n\nSee the videos for general presentation, but use the energy on the excersizes.

151 - 175 of 1,128 Reviews for Getting and Cleaning Data

By Ishwarya M

Jun 21, 2019

The course content as well as the assessments are very good. I would recommend this course for everyone who wants to learn Data science

By Brett M

Jul 12, 2016

Really fantastic even as an experienced R user. This is helping me remould my habits and break some of the bad ones. Thank you so much!

By Ricardo L

Dec 29, 2019

The most important information I learned was the tidy data standard. Very useful and clear. It will make the analysis process easier.

By Georgios P

Sep 24, 2018

The most crucial part of statistical inference or machine learning is tidy data and this course provides the basic tidy data rules!

By Yanying J

Feb 03, 2020

It's useful and practical! Especially, the swirl excerises offered not only the method, but also a clear example of data cleaning.

By Andrew C

Jan 08, 2019

The class was very interesting and useful, although I would have liked more opportunities to do web scraping in the problem sets.

By Shaikh M I

Nov 22, 2016

This course is really helpful and very practical. Provides industry standard information and adheres to the scientific principles.

By Jorge L P d l T

Managing Data has be a passion for me, this course for sure, opened me new skills using the powerful features of the R language.

By Shashikesh M

May 27, 2017

This course is one another step forward towards my data science specialization. I'm really enjoying my study about data Science.

By Dimitrios G

Mar 03, 2017

Challenging and very educational. Needs a better explanation on the final peer assignment. Otherwise a great overall experience!

By CAPO-CHICHI F N

Apr 14, 2020

I am very happy to have done this course, I discovered something new and I have new skills in Data Analysis thank you very much

By 倪育飞

Oct 15, 2017

It gave me an overview of how to getting and cleaning data.The course is best suited for anyone who is a novice in data science

By Massimo M

Aug 09, 2017

Great course, everything is well explained ant the exercises are challenging enough to really understand what you are studying.

By Shelby B

Apr 26, 2017

I am so glad this course was available. Otherwise, I would noy have had an opportunity to build a data set in my everyday work

By Brayan S O P

Apr 19, 2020

It is an excellent course with all the basics and more that one needs to get started with the acquisition and cleaning of data

By Ajinkya D

Nov 27, 2016

Good course material. A very good project at the end of the course that gave an idea about cleaning a real life huge dataset

By KELVIN H

Mar 25, 2018

good course for learning about tidy data. But have to say that the instructions for the coursework is not exactly very clear.

By Igor T

Jan 08, 2017

Really great course which helps to understand basics of data tidying. I've also enjoyed regex explanation, it's really clear!

By Victor A d S P

Dec 12, 2019

Great course, some background needed. If you are taking the Data Science specialization program, then this is a great catch.

By William H

Aug 05, 2019

Thank you for the case study, very valuable to me to see how you downloaded all the data and began your exploratory analysis

By Bill S

May 25, 2017

I greatly enjoyed this course and I really got a lot of hands-on practice that I can apply in a real-world work environment.

By Jim M

Apr 26, 2020

The content is very important when working with Big Data, yet I think JHU is unique in the importance paid to the concepts.

By Sebastian O V

Aug 06, 2018

Great course teaches intermediate and andvanced skills to manipullate and clean data. Begginers should make an extra effort

By James L J J

Dec 26, 2019

The Value of the course is in the course projects. I found that working through them really accelerated the understanding.

By xun y

Jul 10, 2017

Great course, providing very useful information. It might be better to provide few examples for codebook and readme files.