Back to Research Data Management and Sharing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Research Data Management and Sharing by The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

This course will provide learners with an introduction to research data management and sharing. After completing this course, learners will understand the diversity of data and their management needs across the research data lifecycle, be able to identify the components of good data management plans, and be familiar with best practices for working with data including the organization, documentation, and storage and security of data. Learners will also understand the impetus and importance of archiving and sharing data as well as how to assess the trustworthiness of repositories. Today, an increasing number of funding agencies, journals, and other stakeholders are requiring data producers to share, archive, and plan for the management of their data. In order to respond to these requirements, researchers and information professionals will need the data management and curation knowledge and skills that support the long-term preservation, access, and reuse of data. Effectively managing data can also help optimize research outputs, increase the impact of research, and support open scientific inquiry. After completing this course, learners will be better equipped to manage data throughout the entire research data lifecycle from project planning to the end of the project when data ideally are shared and made available within a trustworthy repository. This course was developed by the Curating Research Assets and Data Using Lifecycle Education (CRADLE) Project in collaboration with EDINA at the University of Edinburgh. This course was made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services under award #RE-06-13-0052-13. The views, findings, conclusions or recommendations expressed in this Research Data Management and Sharing MOOC do not necessarily represent those of the Institute of Museum and Library Services. Hashtag: #RDMSmooc...

SA

Mar 19, 2020

It was a very useful course but I think it needs more examples about using this course in many work. It was a great experience for me that I learned new field out of my studies and I won't regret it.

WM

Sep 12, 2020

a very interesting introduction to the subject of data management and sharing data. I recommend this course for everyone who is interested in the subject as well as students and researchers.

126 - 150 of 168 Reviews for Research Data Management and Sharing

Feb 15, 2020

Great

By Seshachalam A

Sep 27, 2020

Good

By Srinithi. S

Jul 22, 2020

good

By ESTALYN A S M

Aug 19, 2018

Good

By Heather H

Aug 19, 2020

g

By Karan R

Apr 14, 2020

T

By Malin A J

Oct 17, 2017

I learned a lot! It showed me a lot of tools and ways of thinking about the organisation of a reaserch data unit at university. It was also quite challenging when it came to reviewing grading your fellow students. I wish I knew if my reviewing was followed up by someone responsible for the course. In the quiz-exercises it would have been helpful to see the correct answer for the questions that only had one correct alternative, when you had chosen the wrong one.

By andrew p

Feb 18, 2020

Fundamentally valid and good practice that stretches beyond academic research (I was reviewing for research operations guidance for user research). There's a few out dated concepts, which is to be expected seeing as the material has not been updated for some time and regulations are ever changing the world over

By Dwight M L

Oct 30, 2018

This course challenged me intellectually especially since I do not have Information Science in my background, but I stand to benefit greatly from its contents, since my work colleagues and I are part of a start-up anonymisation section in the Children's division of the Supreme Court of Trinidad & Tobago.

By Mojdeh Z

Jul 12, 2019

I found this course pretty useful without lots of information. I currently work in a research environment which involves lots of multi-site studies and data management task and was familiar with some of the aspects of this course, but I still found it useful.

By Shalini S

Jun 27, 2020

Excellent course. Can do this at your own pace. Wonderful instructors and concise content. Great for busy individuals to get a foot hold into data management techniques

By Jenny I

Feb 11, 2018

Good introduction to research data management. The course is well structured with relevant lectures, reading, quiz exercises and peer review assignments. Easy to follow.

By Asako Y

Aug 19, 2020

The course introduced me the basic concepts for research data management and data curation and preservation and was very helpful.

By Andrés M

Jun 15, 2020

I would love this MOOC to be more inclusive. Most interviewed people were white, and that does not reflect academia.

By Georgina N N

Jun 9, 2020

It was an eye opener. The course content was relevant and the instructor made it interesting and easy to follow.