Back to A Crash Course in Data Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for A Crash Course in Data Science by Johns Hopkins University

By now you have definitely heard about data science and big data. In this one-week class, we will provide a crash course in what these terms mean and how they play a role in successful organizations. This class is for anyone who wants to learn what all the data science action is about, including those who will eventually need to manage data scientists. The goal is to get you up to speed as quickly as possible on data science without all the fluff. We've designed this course to be as convenient as possible without sacrificing any of the essentials. This is a focused course designed to rapidly get you up to speed on the field of data science. Our goal was to make this as convenient as possible for you without sacrificing any essential content. We've left the technical information aside so that you can focus on managing your team and moving it forward. After completing this course you will know. 1. How to describe the role data science plays in various contexts 2. How statistics, machine learning, and software engineering play a role in data science 3. How to describe the structure of a data science project 4. Know the key terms and tools used by data scientists 5. How to identify a successful and an unsuccessful data science project 3. The role of a data science manager Course cover image by r2hox. Creative Commons BY-SA: https://flic.kr/p/gdMuhT...
Highlights
Basic course
(76 Reviews)
Well taught
(48 Reviews)

SJ
Sep 9, 2017

This is a great starter course for data science. My learning assessment is usually how well I can teach it to someone else. I know I have a better understanding now, than I did when I started.

MD
Aug 27, 2016

Is really hard to summarize the potential of Data Science and being clear, but I think that the instructors have done their best, so that we can achieve the most from the Course.\n\nGreat Job!

826 - 850 of 1,378 Reviews for A Crash Course in Data Science

By Laxmi S

Apr 5, 2020

good

By Pawan S

Mar 23, 2020

nice

By Priyanka R

Dec 18, 2019

Very

By JENEETA

Oct 3, 2019

good

By Bommannagari M

Mar 30, 2019

good

By kailas s

Jan 15, 2019

good

By AZLIN B R

Oct 1, 2017

Good

By Khoo W Q W

Jul 16, 2017

Good

By Fhareza A

Sep 14, 2020

Oct 20, 2015

v

By Heliana P

Nov 3, 2020

For someone who has no clue on Data Science it's a great overview and it gives you a sense of the field in general. I have not acquired a deep knowledge on the field, not even on the basics, just a vague summary of what it has to do with. So I suppose the title is fulfilled, as a crash course. However there are some points where I was pretty disappointed. First of all, some of the lecturers always seemed to read a script, which did not help pass down the knowledge at all. They did not give me the sense of what they were talking about and they seemed lost at some points. I had to watch with subtitles (in english) to understand the meaning of their saying. There was a lot of terminology as well... When you give a crash course, it generally means that you address an audience that has little background on the matter. A brief introduction to the terms would be really helpful. In general I think it has good potential for a short course, should the feedback be taken in serious consideration. However thank you for the opportunity.