Back to A Crash Course in Data Science

Learner Reviews & Feedback for A Crash Course in Data Science by Johns Hopkins University

By now you have definitely heard about data science and big data. In this one-week class, we will provide a crash course in what these terms mean and how they play a role in successful organizations. This class is for anyone who wants to learn what all the data science action is about, including those who will eventually need to manage data scientists. The goal is to get you up to speed as quickly as possible on data science without all the fluff. We've designed this course to be as convenient as possible without sacrificing any of the essentials. This is a focused course designed to rapidly get you up to speed on the field of data science. Our goal was to make this as convenient as possible for you without sacrificing any essential content. We've left the technical information aside so that you can focus on managing your team and moving it forward. After completing this course you will know. 1. How to describe the role data science plays in various contexts 2. How statistics, machine learning, and software engineering play a role in data science 3. How to describe the structure of a data science project 4. Know the key terms and tools used by data scientists 5. How to identify a successful and an unsuccessful data science project 3. The role of a data science manager Course cover image by r2hox. Creative Commons BY-SA: https://flic.kr/p/gdMuhT...
Highlights
Basic course
(76 Reviews)
Well taught
(48 Reviews)

SJ
Sep 9, 2017

This is a great starter course for data science. My learning assessment is usually how well I can teach it to someone else. I know I have a better understanding now, than I did when I started.

MD
Aug 27, 2016

Is really hard to summarize the potential of Data Science and being clear, but I think that the instructors have done their best, so that we can achieve the most from the Course.\n\nGreat Job!

276 - 300 of 1,387 Reviews for A Crash Course in Data Science

By Kim C

May 25, 2017

Very good introduction course. It had just enough information without being overwhelming.

By Bruno C

Oct 7, 2015

Good for introduction, start kind of 4 stars but get way better with the further lectures

By Anish M

Sep 17, 2015

Offered me a great refresher on the basics, in a very short period of time. Great course!

By Louai H H

Jul 12, 2020

Amazing course with fortune of content and knowledge.

Thanks a lot for the 3 professors.

By Ajay K

Apr 21, 2020

this course help you to know about the basics of data science in a very effective manner

By Angel R

Oct 19, 2019

Exceptional content, and great video presentations...even for a seasoned data scientist.

By Bruno H G

Jul 29, 2019

Cover all we need, but the course is not total updated, it was developed few years ago.

By Victor B

Dec 19, 2018

A very well designed course to begin the journey of (not-hyped) data science. Thank you!

By Allie L

Dec 7, 2015

Good overview of Data Science - peaks interest but doesn't go into depth of any subjects

By Siddesh S

Nice course for the beginners to start with and gain confidence to learn more and more.

By Daniel R D

Aug 6, 2019

Learned the basics of what data science is in a more understandable and structured way.

By Vimukthini P

Jul 14, 2017

It's a great course which is worth the commitment. Hope I will get my certificate soon.

By Avijeet K

Jan 2, 2020

really an amazing course for beginners as wells as intermediate data science students.

By Alexandre V C d A F

Apr 8, 2018

Curso rápido, objetivo e excelente para organizar o raciocínio sobre ciência de dados.

By Gustavo E M S

Aug 23, 2017

It was very useful to have some idea for the entire new world what I'm going to enter.

By Luis I S M

Apr 15, 2020

Good course to introduce beginners to data science, I enjoy a lot learning this theme

By Sharon M

Sep 29, 2020

Awesome and well delivered data science crash course. I got new and useful insights.

By Subid C

Dec 6, 2017

Fantastic course for a beginner! Really enjoyed the lucid explanations and examples.

By Abhishek K

Jul 8, 2017

A good starting point for those who feel that they have an interest in Data science.

By Nuwan T

Jan 13, 2021

Learnt well that what is exactly Data Science is and separated from hype clearly...

By serge a

Dec 9, 2017

Perfect introduction with comprehensive overview to engage in more detailed courses

By Paschal A

Jul 9, 2017

Very insightful.

Hoping to do the specialization soon.

Thanks to the profs.

Great job.

By Mallon L

Feb 20, 2019

This is a great course if you just need to know what Data science is and it isn't.

By Sushant P

Jan 22, 2017

Just what i expected it to be helped me take my Data Science knowledge up a notch!

By sarthak s

Mar 1, 2016

it was a great learning experience,the lectures were good and excellently designed