Back to Data Science Methodology

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Data Science Methodology by IBM

Despite the recent increase in computing power and access to data over the last couple of decades, our ability to use the data within the decision making process is either lost or not maximized at all too often, we don't have a solid understanding of the questions being asked and how to apply the data correctly to the problem at hand. This course has one purpose, and that is to share a methodology that can be used within data science, to ensure that the data used in problem solving is relevant and properly manipulated to address the question at hand. Accordingly, in this course, you will learn: - The major steps involved in tackling a data science problem. - The major steps involved in practicing data science, from forming a concrete business or research problem, to collecting and analyzing data, to building a model, and understanding the feedback after model deployment. - How data scientists think!...

AG
May 13, 2019

This is a proper course which will make you to understand each and every stage of Data science methodology. Lectures are well enough to make you think as a data scientist. Thank you fr this course :)

JM
Feb 26, 2020

Very informative step-by-step guide of how to create a data science project. Course presents concepts in an engaging way and the quizzes and assignments helped in understanding the overall material.

2026 - 2050 of 2,065 Reviews for Data Science Methodology

By Adarsh S

Apr 19, 2019

Boring

By DD

Aug 1, 2019

In this course they will present you a Moron: John Rollins. They will present its methodology because he said so, "data science needs a methodology", even if it's the same methodology that statisticians and whoever works with data utilize since the beginning of time (just add Python and SQL), just presented in a redundant manner so that it seems new, well divided in useless general sections where you learn nothing. Just open a book related to applied marketing research and you will see how much has been stolen. Goddamn! Give my money back. And these are the people that work for IBM? These are the people that should teach you something? I don't know, maybe this is what US education looks like and it's really shitty, you get what you pay for and considering you are not taking a mortgage on your house, it's not worthwhile. In short, this course and all the previous ones are for first graders and no one employs first graders. Save your money!

By Rongon D

Oct 12, 2021

Dear IBM,

I am not getting my certificate even after completing my course. They are asking for my ID verification, I have already verified my ID to them. My other friends have got this certificate, but they are only asking me to verify. The other course authorities are not asking for anything to anyone, not even me. So I request IBM to give me my due certificate before the time runs out, I will be very thankful to them if they do the needful.

Yours Sincerely

Rongon Das

By Louis R

Mar 12, 2021

The information presented was cursory and superficial. The case studies generally repeated the content of the lecture portion without sufficient practical content. The speaker droned in a consistently dull monotone.

Suggest more in-depth case studies illustrating the reasoning behind the various choices & decisions made. Suggest a more informative metaphor relevant to a practical, real-life scenario, other than a cooking metaphor.

By Dilichukwu M

I would give this course a 1 star because I did learn something. However, the teacher is extremely non engaging and his case study's do not make sense. The course was extremely painful to watch and very boring. He should put more reading materials and find another person to do the voiceover because I was falling asleep!

By Sourabh S

Apr 22, 2020

The videos made are really poor, it doesn't even use markers to explain where in the slides the instructor is teaching about. Also, I think the slides are very poor and most of the images in the slides were pretty unclear. Instructors explanation to problems is also very unclear, it seems that he's reading some script

By Claudio C

Jun 26, 2021

Terrible course. The slides have a very poor quality, explanations are extremely boring and monotonous. The lab is not bad per se, but you can't expect to drop lines of code without explanation and hope that people learn. I'm sorry but this course was disappointing.

By Omatsone O L

May 3, 2021

Case study about the heart disease is too complicated. The presenter is boring and not engaging do if someone has no prior knowledge, this cause will not help matters. If I could rate is minus 5 star I will because it doesn't deserve to be rated one star.

By Miguel P

May 4, 2020

The course is really theoretical, it uses really bad and iterative examples that does not help to understand the processes and the case studies use really complex code that it is imposible to understand unless you already know coding.

By Jan D

Oct 5, 2018

Don't take it. No Course Instructors, no help. Not worth the money...

Even the Working Platform is always timing out or has a gateway error.

By imran k

Dec 12, 2019

Most of the content is in coding and hard to understand. There is no description given with coding so not easy to understand.

By Harsh S

Examples in the course are very difficult to understand. Had to google everything that was being taught

By Diego R G

Mar 19, 2020

Very poorly designed course. None of the labs work! Get ready for frustration if you take this course.

By Albert D

Oct 25, 2019

I went over this information in my MS in Data Analytics program. So I didn't learn anything new here.

By Alexander Z

No projects

No team work

By Bhavesh N

Apr 23, 2020

very bad course, lots of text, irrelevant case study, obsolete approach, irrelevant lab tool

By Ashish D

Dec 23, 2019

Not very usefull. Its more of a explaining an approach which is only introductory in nature

By Ounam G

Mar 26, 2020

Uses external application which are not opening, how do we complete the course! Useless

By Ayham M A M

Nov 28, 2019

Very hectic and confusing course...it is really from my worst courses till this moment

By Osama A A

Feb 26, 2020

non useful course u wont understand anything the video is like someone reading papers

By Arjun S C

Aug 5, 2019

Any work that included working on cloud or watson studio is poorly instructed.

By mostafaabuzeid

Dec 30, 2019

VERY BAD COURSE

Very bad instructor

materials were removed

CASE STUDY IS AWFUL

By Mukto A

Jan 14, 2021

Fairly useless course. Better than Intro to Data Science, but that's it.

By Sebastian K

Feb 26, 2020

Waste of time. Whole course is just a marketing campaign for IBM Cloud.

By shahin m

Nov 7, 2019

A bit more concrete example with guided exercise would have helped more