Back to Data Science Capstone

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Data Science Capstone by Johns Hopkins University

The capstone project class will allow students to create a usable/public data product that can be used to show your skills to potential employers. Projects will be drawn from real-world problems and will be conducted with industry, government, and academic partners....

NT
Mar 4, 2018

Capstone did provide a true test of Data Analytics skills. Its like a being left alone in a jungle to survive for a month. Either you succumb to nature or come out alive with a smile and confidence.

Mar 28, 2017

Wow i finally managed to finish the specialization!! definitely learned a lot and also found out difficulties in building predictors by trying to balancing speed, accuracy and memory constraints!!!

51 - 75 of 277 Reviews for Data Science Capstone

By Javier A D

Oct 10, 2018

It was a new world for me. To hard trying to dive in the subject. But the bases and the effort to research in literature and in the foros let me develop a model of a beginner but with great knowledge to apply in new developments in my work.

By Hathairat W

Sep 19, 2019

The assignment was designed very well. I struggled and was thinking of giving up. I'm glad I didn't. The assignment actually required all skills I learnt previously. A bit time consuming but achievable. Thank you very much!

By Scott W

May 1, 2016

Was a great course. There was no hand holding, this is the capstone so it was time to put everything to use on a problem that wasn't outlined for you and required you to self study and work with others to deliver.

By Samuel Q

Jan 21, 2019

Great way to end the specialization because it forces students to think on their own and be resourceful. It is a totally different type of analysis than on any previous course so it was a great learning experience

By Ivan C

Apr 6, 2016

Amazing project! At first glanse It looks strange, but de facto it's standart data science problem: you should analyze raw data, clean it, build some models and make data product. I highly recommend this capstone.

By Luis E B

Mar 27, 2017

Excellent to start in data science. Nothing learned deeply but you understand how you can improve. Now I can improve by my own or choose other courses based on my experience, interest and capabilities.

By Julia P

Oct 11, 2016

This class was a huge challenge for me, but it pushed me to learn a whole lot and practice many of the skills that I had learned in previous courses! I had a lot of fun, too. Thanks!

By Phil F

Apr 25, 2016

Well-paced, highly structured Capstone that allowed me to put to the test the skills I honed during the 9 previous courses in the JHU Data Science specialization. Strongly recommended.

By Keidzh S

Feb 17, 2019

Brilliant course, the final chapter for the data science specialization. Spent lot of time making my final project, but it wirth it. Glad that I found this specialization a year ago.

By Daniel V

Jun 20, 2017

The best part is the surprise of something totally new like NLP and the fact that you have to figure it out by yourself and then apply the theory. Guess what... just like real live.

By César A F N

Apr 16, 2020

Incredible course and program, thanks for this. I decided to do a master in data science. I am mathematician an with all the algorithms and IA, i feel that it´s perfect to me.

By Roberto D

Jun 21, 2017

This course was very challenging. It resembled a real world task, where an idea is presented and it is up to the user to research methods and processes for the best outcome.

By Dimitrios G

Jun 19, 2017

It has been a great experience. There is a big problem though, in the way the final project is being evaluated. Way too subjective questions, providing non definite grades.

By Vivek S

Aug 30, 2020

Could improve on detailing the material , adding more technical stuff, but then again data science is very vast and it is best i the students explore things on their own

By Pierre B

Sep 8, 2017

Great course, I learned a great deal about data science. The course is well structured and provide a great overview of the requirement and possibilities of data science.

By Gomathy S K

Jul 27, 2020

This course was a very much useful course which helped me delve into the ocean of data science and to understand all the basic and slightly advanced topics and concepts

By Erich F G

Sep 5, 2018

GREAT opportunity to apply all of the knowledge that I learned over the last year or so. Thank you so much for the guidance the opportunity to learn something new!!!

By Jay S

Jan 3, 2017

Simply brilliant ! Fantastic exposure to Natural Language Processing! Learnt a ton about various NLP algorithms for anyone who aspires to be a Data Scientist !

By Gareth R

Jan 5, 2017

clear and easy course which gives a basic understanding of working with data. Great inclusion of the tools that are useful for presenting your data analysis.

By Emanuel N

May 27, 2017

This indeed a course that gave us the opportunity to show we can learn new topics and methods by ourselves after reaching the specialization to this point.

By Pier L P

Jun 8, 2016

Great way to build up knowledge & experience ....

A challenge considering the actual time needed for the Capstone project... but worth every single effort.

By Glener D M

Sep 19, 2019

Indispensable for those who want to master the R language along with data science. I highly recommend this 10 courses. Believe me you will not regret it.

By Albert C G

May 20, 2017

Capstone Project was worth its weight in Gold. Very Dirty Data Sources made it a very Real World problem to solve. Thanks guys for your great traing

By Vasyl L

Mar 5, 2020

I liked it. The tesk was interesting and challenging. I had to learn something new, to cope with it. Good course and a great specialization overall.

By Robert B P

Oct 13, 2016

I liked it. The final project was a challenge but it was a good test of all the data science skills I learned over the whole course. Thanks!