Back to Data Structures

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Data Structures by University of California San Diego

A good algorithm usually comes together with a set of good data structures that allow the algorithm to manipulate the data efficiently. In this course, we consider the common data structures that are used in various computational problems. You will learn how these data structures are implemented in different programming languages and will practice implementing them in our programming assignments. This will help you to understand what is going on inside a particular built-in implementation of a data structure and what to expect from it. You will also learn typical use cases for these data structures. A few examples of questions that we are going to cover in this class are the following: 1. What is a good strategy of resizing a dynamic array? 2. How priority queues are implemented in C++, Java, and Python? 3. How to implement a hash table so that the amortized running time of all operations is O(1) on average? 4. What are good strategies to keep a binary tree balanced? You will also learn how services like Dropbox manage to upload some large files instantly and to save a lot of storage space!...

DG

May 24, 2016

I like this course very much! Rope is the cleverest task I have ever done! Of course, I hope in future I will work on even more difficult problems, but this is pretty good already for me as a student!

PS

Jul 10, 2020

I think the course content and assignments were great. A suggestion though, it will be more helpful if there are more and varied corner cases that would save time spent in thinking and making cases.

176 - 200 of 591 Reviews for Data Structures

By Rishabh A

Jun 08, 2020

Challenging, Interesting Helpful, assignments are the best part and they really help a lot

By Kiran B

Apr 18, 2020

This was good course .

The assignments was A little hard.

And Thats good about this course.

By g

Jul 27, 2016

Very useful basic data structures, interesting assignments closely related to the course.

By Gautam P

Jun 15, 2016

Great content followed up with good programming exercises. Please keep up the good work!

By Vikas

Mar 29, 2018

The video classes are very useful in which we can learn many new things about the coury

By KUMAR G S

Jan 19, 2018

Great course, excellent material and splendid mathematical backing to all the analysis.

By Connor W

Aug 14, 2017

Covers the essential topics on data structures. The assignments are great for practice.

By KAUSHAL C

from this course I learnt many basic to hard concepts which enhance the coding skills

By Tuan N

Apr 18, 2019

The professor explained in a clear way. But I don't think first 3 assigments is hard

By shishir j

Feb 20, 2019

Best course to learn data structures for beginners with some knowledge in programming

By Torgashov N

Oct 21, 2018

Difficult topics are explained in a very simple and clear way. Exciting assignments.

By Eric.Lu

Apr 09, 2017

Very Interesting course! These assignments significantly improved my coding skills!

By Fernando G

Mar 19, 2018

Learn a lot from this. The last week gets hard but its as rewarding as challenging.

By Zhan S

Jul 03, 2017

Very helpful. material is explained in an understandable way. Great for beginners!

By HuangYunWen

Sep 05, 2016

Some homework have challenges. But the discussion board and professor helps a lot!

By Gaureesh C

Oct 11, 2020

Great Course for Data Structures and Algorithms, Everyone interested must do it.

By Ashutosh A B

Dec 29, 2018

It is an amazing course. I had real fun doing it. Thank you course developers!

By Amr A

Sep 28, 2018

The course is detailed and organized in a way that makes the data digestible.

By saloni p

Aug 02, 2020

i am very improved my knowledge for stack and array so i helpful this course

By Ashish R

Jul 20, 2019

Very informative. Teachers made it really easy to glide through the course.

By Param K

Sep 26, 2020

Great exercises and lectures. Explained the concepts in detail thoroughly.

By Sojitra k d

Aug 01, 2020

i am very glad for this course and very inspired thank you for this review

By MITHLESH K

Dec 12, 2018

I got too much to learn. All helped me alot.

We love you all.

Thanks all.

By Priyansh B

Sep 14, 2018

Finally I learned how to implement data structures. Thanks to this course.

By Quoc T L

Aug 09, 2020

really good for me,

can understand about types of data, thank you teacher.