Back to Fundamentals of Visualization with Tableau

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Visualization with Tableau by University of California, Davis

In this first course of this specialization, you will discover what data visualization is, and how we can use it to better see and understand data. Using Tableau, we’ll examine the fundamental concepts of data visualization and explore the Tableau interface, identifying and applying the various tools Tableau has to offer. By the end of the course you will be able to prepare and import data into Tableau and explain the relationship between data analytics and data visualization. This course is designed for the learner who has never used Tableau before, or who may need a refresher or want to explore Tableau in more depth. No prior technical or analytical background is required. The course will guide you through the steps necessary to create your first visualization from the beginning based on data context, setting the stage for you to advance to the next course in the Specialization....

HR
May 1, 2017

Amazing course, amazing instructors and assignments. I really enjoyed working with Tableau.\n\nYou may experience some confusion for some assignments but don't worry! Just use the discussion boards :)

DA
Aug 24, 2020

Am glad I learnt a lot from this module, which I know will sharpen my skills for my chosen career path as a data scientist. Am hoping to learn more new skills to improve on my already existing skills.

51 - 75 of 1,140 Reviews for Fundamentals of Visualization with Tableau

By Kim G

Jun 8, 2021

G​reat course! Easy to understand. The instructor was very clear and gives relevant examples. The exercises are interesting. There were one or two times that I wished the instructor told us how she got to where she was verbally, but I was still able to follow along.

By Leonardo N R

Nov 3, 2019

It was a good way to get into the fundamentals and start having a basic understanding of data visualizations. The course itself is pretty basic but it gave me enough insights into this to motivate me to continue with the other courses of the specialization.

By Deekshith S

Sep 29, 2019

I found this course to be beyond amazing. The course is filled with such useful set of instructions that many instructors fail to provide but this course has it all. So if a person takes this course, he gets an opportunity to learn the best from the best.

By Nithyashree C

Jun 9, 2019

Thank you Professors for giving me this opportunity to strengthen my foundation of tableau. I would recommend this course to anyone who is new to Tableau and does not know where to start. Thank you again for the lessons. Looking forward to the next one!

By Anshu S

Apr 7, 2019

This course sets up really string base for your Data Visualization and make you understand the very easy yet essential topics and tool for it. Its a must-to-do course and I am going to do its full specialization to be fluent in Data Visualisation.

By Madhur S

Apr 1, 2019

Amazing work. Though I felt that week 3 was a little boring but that is mostly because it was too technical and also the Tableau Public has been updated in 2019 so there are a lot more options to connect with data rather than using Odata servers.

By Cindy S

Jul 6, 2021

A great first course on Tableau. The videos were helpful, and exercises gave me a chance to practice what I was learning. There's a lot more to this software, and this course is inspiring me to continue learning this software. It's a great tool.

By Buyuan M Z

Apr 12, 2020

Good class! Assignment for week 3 needs to be improved. But this is a really green hand-friendly course. With it, you can have a general idea of Tableau and it will help you to build up confidence for further data visualization studies!

By SVR A

Jul 23, 2021

The instructor explains the Basics of Tableau tool very well. The instructor explains the contents in a way that is easily understood and what needs to be taken care at each phase. Overall a good course to give momentum for a learner.

By 清水玲那

The course was really effective to learn the function of Tableau quickly. I was able to finish it in 1 week and the contents were quite understandable. I got better knowledge about how to visualize data in the perspective of audience.

By Devon L

Oct 6, 2020

This was a really enjoyable and informative course. It provided the right amount of information, instructions were clear and the final assignment gave good grounding on how one would use Tableau and visualizations in the real world.

By Aisyah S M

Jun 13, 2020

A really great introductory course for me who doesn't have any prior knowledge of Tableau before. The materials and assignment given in this course helped a lot as references when I'm exploring the tool and learn more about DataViz.

By Maria d P D C

Jul 11, 2017

This course is a good start point to learn how to use Tableau Software united with the bases of Visualization methodologies, as both are needed to convey meaningful insights and move your audience to take decisions based on data.

By Tammy

Mar 19, 2021

Excellent instructor communication skills. Down to earth, friendly, and professional, and humorous. I enjoyed the course and will participate in the Makeover Monday project. Appreciated the invite to the Tableau community.

By Brooke L

May 15, 2021

Excellent! So many professional videos that explain not only how to use Tableau, but also a broader background on why data visualization is important, best practices, and useful tips to remember. Great for a total beginner!

By Ansaf M

Jun 14, 2020

I have completed the Data Science Capstone Project and I enjoyed it a lot and I should say it was designed in a way I didn't feel or bored at any point in the course. Thank you so much for the course again. You guys rock.

By Subham K B

Oct 15, 2019

Quite an interesting course gave a good headstart on the importance of data analytics and orient learners towards aspiring to know more about this field and turn into future-ready candidates for the academia and industry.

By Billy B

Oct 2, 2019

Even though I learned via auditing the course for free, I think UC Davis did a great job overlaying the introductory concepts for being a productive user of Tableau. I'm going to enroll in future classes because of this!

By Aamir M

Jan 27, 2017

This course is absolutely helpful in every mean for a person like me who is taking his very first steps in the data visualization world. although it is very difficult for everyone to accessible fully as its not free.

By Nguyen C L P

Apr 27, 2020

The course content is simple and accessible. I understand some basic definition and a way to get started with Tableau. This is a good foundation for me before learning further issues related to Tableau software.

By Anna M

May 4, 2020

I really enjoyed all the Specializations, professors are really motivated and the course are all well structured! I recommend it to anyone wants to learn about visualizations, also a Tableau is a great tool!

By Srivatsava A

May 25, 2017

very good course for the starters, please add more problem solving issues and make the peer grade assignments more chalenging.after all the foundation it laid is good for a starter in data visualization.

By SaradaK

Excellent. Hands on throughout the course and the assignments helped me learn and gain confidence to move forward.

I would recommend this course to anybody who wants to get familiar with Tableau basics.

By Daniel A

Aug 25, 2020

By Jomar M J

Jan 25, 2021

Pretty good introduction specially for those with no experience with Tableau like me. Truly covered the real basics. Looking forward to learn much complex visualizations on the succeeding courses.