Back to Fundamentals of Visualization with Tableau

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Visualization with Tableau by University of California, Davis

In this first course of this specialization, you will discover what data visualization is, and how we can use it to better see and understand data. Using Tableau, we’ll examine the fundamental concepts of data visualization and explore the Tableau interface, identifying and applying the various tools Tableau has to offer. By the end of the course you will be able to prepare and import data into Tableau and explain the relationship between data analytics and data visualization. This course is designed for the learner who has never used Tableau before, or who may need a refresher or want to explore Tableau in more depth. No prior technical or analytical background is required. The course will guide you through the steps necessary to create your first visualization from the beginning based on data context, setting the stage for you to advance to the next course in the Specialization....

DA
Aug 24, 2020

Am glad I learnt a lot from this module, which I know will sharpen my skills for my chosen career path as a data scientist. Am hoping to learn more new skills to improve on my already existing skills.

HR
May 1, 2017

Amazing course, amazing instructors and assignments. I really enjoyed working with Tableau.\n\nYou may experience some confusion for some assignments but don't worry! Just use the discussion boards :)

901 - 925 of 1,085 Reviews for Fundamentals of Visualization with Tableau

By Ahmed T

Apr 26, 2017

Very Good

By K N K

Good

By N P

Good

By aparna s

Feb 29, 2020

good

By Umakanta P

Dec 9, 2019

Good

By Vishnu N S

May 2, 2019

good

By Ravinder P S

Mar 26, 2019

Good

By Shantanu G

Sep 7, 2020

May 31, 2018

T

By Kimberly F

Sep 13, 2020

Very helpful in getting familiar with Tableau. Great tips from the instructor, and a very straightforward intro to what Tableau can do. Course materials were sometimes carelessly put together, though. References were made to things in the Resources tab that are not actually there. Many of the videos were poorly edited (one repeated a significant section of dialogue), and the written assignment instructions had missing information. For example, the final assignment must be submitted to Twitter with a specific course-related hashtag, but the hashtag was not provided, it was left blank. No big deal, except that the peer graded questions ask if the correct hashtag was used. Speaking of peer grading, it's pretty useless in this course and just asks whether the instructions were followed to the letter, no feedback at all on the actual vizzes. Who cares if the right hashtag was used if the viz makes no sense?

By JASINDER K

Sep 22, 2020

The structure and the material of the course were great.

Issues with the course.

1) How the grading is done- Reviewers are providing the points without providing any comments. For instance. if the reviewer has provided zero points to the assignment, there is no way for the student to know what needs to be corrected and there is no constructive feedback provided. This issue limits student ability to learn and grow. This has never been the case when the courseera started.

2) There is no way student can reach out to instructor.

I really like courseera but if this is not improved, then I might have to switch to another learning portal. I feel there is a room for improvement, how the grading is done, and how student can reach out to it's instructor.

Thanks.

By Nicole B

Sep 27, 2020

The instructor and the content were great, but there was zero support even when there are supposedly mechanisms to receive it. One of my peer reviewers basically trolled me and outright lied - for example, by saying I didn't use a data set from the official list provided by the instructor - things easily proven to be false assertions. I went through Coursera's "options" for resolution, and surprise! There aren't any for such a situation. I understand how many people take Coursera courses and why that limits the amount of help that can be given, but in that case, I suggest being upfront that there will be no assistance, so that students can decide whether to proceed based on honest information.

By Josh J

Aug 10, 2020

Overall, it's a good beginner course to understand the fundamentals of Tableau; I learned a couple of new things as a novice.

My only criticism is the use of third-party affiliations such as Google Sheets, bit.ly, and Twitter, and the fact that I had to create profiles on these sites. For one, my company makes applies security controls which made submitting the exercises way more tedious and the fact that I have to expose myself to more social media when I'm trying to limit my self from them. Apologies for the rant :/ but it seemed like we could have done with out these tools. Thanks.

By Jessica K

May 14, 2020

This class was informative and certainly covers the basics and principles of tableau and data visualizations, I was disappointed that there were no assignments that actually required us to make a visualization. Felt like I could have learned most of this online myself and not have to wait for other people to grade my homeworks/quizzes. would be much more engaging if we were given data sets to create 2-3 basic visualizations that were graded. I did this on my own but would have appreciated the peer review for that versus random MC Q&A