Back to Fundamentals of Visualization with Tableau

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Visualization with Tableau by University of California, Davis

In this first course of this specialization, you will discover what data visualization is, and how we can use it to better see and understand data. Using Tableau, we’ll examine the fundamental concepts of data visualization and explore the Tableau interface, identifying and applying the various tools Tableau has to offer. By the end of the course you will be able to prepare and import data into Tableau and explain the relationship between data analytics and data visualization. This course is designed for the learner who has never used Tableau before, or who may need a refresher or want to explore Tableau in more depth. No prior technical or analytical background is required. The course will guide you through the steps necessary to create your first visualization from the beginning based on data context, setting the stage for you to advance to the next course in the Specialization....

HR
May 1, 2017

Amazing course, amazing instructors and assignments. I really enjoyed working with Tableau.\n\nYou may experience some confusion for some assignments but don't worry! Just use the discussion boards :)

DA
Aug 24, 2020

Am glad I learnt a lot from this module, which I know will sharpen my skills for my chosen career path as a data scientist. Am hoping to learn more new skills to improve on my already existing skills.

76 - 100 of 1,139 Reviews for Fundamentals of Visualization with Tableau

By Manthan K

Mar 23, 2020

It\ helps to understand all the basics regarding Tableau and also how to use it and install the tableau. It covered all the fundamental;s of visualization with tableau and the quiz were also good.

By Hossein R

May 2, 2017

By Suhaimi W C

Jan 28, 2021

Great course. Thank you for sharing. I did not expect in the first course that we already made interactive dashboard. Great tips and advice for data visualization. Highly recommend this course!

By Pavlína J

Mar 12, 2021

Very good introduction to Tableau and visualizations. It's quite easy, but I has really attracted my interest in the topic and I am very curious about the next course of this specialization.

By Kanika A D

It was easy to follow and the course materials and the resources helped a lot. I used the Tableau Desktop version and still, it accommodated it in the assignment. Very Well structured course

By Mary S

Oct 14, 2019

Well spoken teachers that are easy to learn from. Pull in high caliber external content. Go beyond just teaching how to use the software to train how to make a powerful presentation story.

By Omar G C L

Dec 21, 2020

Very good point of start in data visualizations. If you have some experience with other BI tools you may find it too basic. But still it's very useful if you are completely new to Tableau.

By R P

Dec 21, 2019

very simple and conveniently it was explained. Its explains the complete visualization part. If some more lessons are present in this Tableu course then you should select another course

By Dr. I O

Jul 6, 2017

Really enjoyed this course. Recommend for anyone interested in visualization to take. Requires some effort though and the tutors sometimes get ahead of you, but a good one all the same.

By Saul R T

Dec 26, 2020

Course is very good .. ! In some times some lessons were really fast explained but the good time is that I was able to pause the video or do some research on my own, Very good course !

By Divya K

The course has indeed added to my skill set and has helped me build a foundation for further career opportunities in the field of Data Visualization. Highly recommended for beginners.

By Debayan G

Dec 9, 2019

Best course to start with when it comes to Tableau. The modules have been properly arranged and easy to go through. All the basics have been covered about the fundamentals of Tableau.

By Bernard D V

Dec 27, 2016

A good first class about the software Tableau. You will learn the basics and how to create a story in order to present your datas. A good glitch for a first class of a Specialization.

By Lisa M M

Jan 18, 2020

This was an excellent introductory course for data visualization that clearly showed the power of tableau and inspired me to keep improving my skills for presenting influential data.

By Adrian F

Apr 4, 2021

Heck of a class; I definitely gained considerable comfort with Tableau, due in equal measure to following along in the "on rails" section, as well as exploring with a unique dataset

By Stacy M

Jun 14, 2021

The assignment, instructor, and course were amazing! The assignments were interesting. They were fun and challenging. I really enjoyed working with the data visualization projects.

By Ana A

May 23, 2020

I feel like I learned the basics of using Tableau. I am eager to continue learning.

I just feel like there should be an option to ask to recheck one of the submitted assignments.

By Derwin W

Apr 23, 2020

That peer group sharing is magnificent! Others outside the U.S. got to hear the American teacher in me. Hoped it helped you guys shine as well. Reviews seemed to show it may have.

By Anchal R

Sep 25, 2019

I loved the structure of the course and how it gives the overview of the most important factors that one should take into consideration before jumping directly into visualization

By Rimas G

Oct 4, 2020

Very good introduction to Tableau, liked it. Even though I had no prior background and needed to come for review, but was able to finish assignment nontheless. Highly recommend!

By Angella A

Aug 6, 2018

I loved the course and their methodical careful way of extending the knowledge needed to begin this exciting journey - thank you professors. I look forward to the next course.

By Jane G

Great, easy, and fast learning! I really enjoyed the walk through of Tableau Public and the projects which allowed to apply the course basics to creating a Tableau profile.

By Rakhshanda M

Apr 11, 2021

Please the last project twitter part make optional. I don't use social media and feel it was a unnecessary part of the project when I am concentrating to learn BI project.

By Shola E

May 4, 2019

The course is a great introduction to Data Visualisation. I liked the external links introduced during the course as it gave the student a wider perspective of the course.

By Gil Y

Sep 11, 2017

This was an exceptional introductory course in the world of Visualizations with Tableau. I'm excited to get into the follow-on courses within this concentration of study.