Back to Fundamentals of Visualization with Tableau

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Visualization with Tableau by University of California, Davis

In this first course of this specialization, you will discover what data visualization is, and how we can use it to better see and understand data. Using Tableau, we’ll examine the fundamental concepts of data visualization and explore the Tableau interface, identifying and applying the various tools Tableau has to offer. By the end of the course you will be able to prepare and import data into Tableau and explain the relationship between data analytics and data visualization. This course is designed for the learner who has never used Tableau before, or who may need a refresher or want to explore Tableau in more depth. No prior technical or analytical background is required. The course will guide you through the steps necessary to create your first visualization from the beginning based on data context, setting the stage for you to advance to the next course in the Specialization....

DA
Aug 24, 2020

Am glad I learnt a lot from this module, which I know will sharpen my skills for my chosen career path as a data scientist. Am hoping to learn more new skills to improve on my already existing skills.

HR
May 1, 2017

Amazing course, amazing instructors and assignments. I really enjoyed working with Tableau.\n\nYou may experience some confusion for some assignments but don't worry! Just use the discussion boards :)

201 - 225 of 1,132 Reviews for Fundamentals of Visualization with Tableau

By Priyanka M

Apr 4, 2021

It was Fun Learning Visualization using Tableau to find greater insights of many Makeovermonday dataset

By Partha M

Jun 1, 2020

Fantastic primer to Tableau – great mix of theory and hands-on. Sets you up well for the journey ahead!

By Sunil J

Oct 16, 2019

Loved this module. Sets a simple and easy to follow tone for a subject that is mired withe complexities

By Eric N

Dec 29, 2017

Great Intro. Just enough material to wet your appetite. The lectures were straight and informational.

By Jamal B

Sep 30, 2020

A very simple and basic course for beginners. If someone is new he should definitely take this course.

By Mfanafuthi N

May 11, 2017

beautiful start and I managed to finished it time, how do I take the next course Essentials of Tableau

By shunmugam n

Apr 8, 2021

The learning experience is very good and also the instructor has been teaching the course quite well.

By Krismanuel P P

Nov 23, 2020

Great instructor, nice material, I'd recommend this course to anyone who want to learn about Data Viz

By Chioma O

Mar 7, 2020

Very interesting teaching style. Detailed lectures. I will recommend to anyone venturing into Tableau

By David A S J

Jun 4, 2017

Excellent initial, you get a general view of the power of Tableau and some concepts of presentations.

By Mengli Q

Jan 30, 2017

Good start with Tableau. You will also get a license that is good for a year! (License worth $500+).

By Tequoia N

Oct 31, 2016

I learned a ton in this course & I am looking forward to expanding my skills this is a great course!

By Satyam D

Sep 12, 2020

Great course. Really helped me understand the basics of Tableau. Wonderful instructor. Thanks alot!

By Srivaitaran

Mar 2, 2020

Taught by experts. The course is basic and very easy. I think this is a very good start to tableau.

By Brent J S

Jun 17, 2018

Good course to get your head around the basic understanding of Tableau, I look forward to the rest.

By Milica V

Jul 28, 2020

Great course and a good starting point for learning Tableau. Provides basic skills to get started.

By Haozhe ( X

Mar 5, 2020

GREAT COURSE! Easy to follow. I would recommend to people who is first time learning Visualization

By Bhavi K

Aug 10, 2020

the pace of the course was apt and I learned various things that are important to make a good viz

By Li X

Jun 8, 2019

Helped me to understand how to visualize the data with tableau, and learned more behind the data.

By María d P M

Mar 20, 2021

Great course to learn the basic concepts required to develop competencies on data visualization.

By Juan J C Z

Jan 11, 2021

Es un curso introductorio que ayuda a entender como usar la herramienta Tableau, es recomendable

By AMAN R

Apr 22, 2019

It was a good course where beginner gets a chance to understand and learn the basics of Tableau.

By Dmitry A

Mar 30, 2019

Amazingly encourage you to develop and Visualize your next Story. Thanks a lot to them for that!

By Bella M

Oct 7, 2020

Very friendly teaching videos and assignments for beginners to start the adventure for Tableau.

By David F

Sep 12, 2020

Amazing! Ms. Abbott was clear and concise, not to mention super helpful when I asked for advice