Back to Fundamentals of Visualization with Tableau

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Visualization with Tableau by University of California, Davis

In this first course of this specialization, you will discover what data visualization is, and how we can use it to better see and understand data. Using Tableau, we’ll examine the fundamental concepts of data visualization and explore the Tableau interface, identifying and applying the various tools Tableau has to offer. By the end of the course you will be able to prepare and import data into Tableau and explain the relationship between data analytics and data visualization. This course is designed for the learner who has never used Tableau before, or who may need a refresher or want to explore Tableau in more depth. No prior technical or analytical background is required. The course will guide you through the steps necessary to create your first visualization from the beginning based on data context, setting the stage for you to advance to the next course in the Specialization....

DA
Aug 24, 2020

Am glad I learnt a lot from this module, which I know will sharpen my skills for my chosen career path as a data scientist. Am hoping to learn more new skills to improve on my already existing skills.

HR
May 1, 2017

Amazing course, amazing instructors and assignments. I really enjoyed working with Tableau.\n\nYou may experience some confusion for some assignments but don't worry! Just use the discussion boards :)

101 - 125 of 1,091 Reviews for Fundamentals of Visualization with Tableau

By Navin S

Nov 7, 2019

As a beginner, enough knowledge shared in this course. Recommend other to get this course to start and understand the Fundamentals of Visualization with Tableau.

By Ankit J

Jun 17, 2019

Teaching style is nice and it will provide lots of exercises and quizzes after completing each week that's nice for improving skills by some hands on exercises.

By Arram B

Sep 20, 2019

Coursera always helping the aspiring candidates to gain their desired skills by providing this kind of courses to achieve their career goals.Thank you Coursera!

By Nasratullah P

Apr 21, 2020

With the help of this course I really realized what is visualization and what is Tableau, I suggest the students who wants to learn visualization with Tableau.

By Raymond L S L

Dec 6, 2019

The lecturer was very clear in his presentation and the conduct of the course. However, the assignment question, i personally felt that it should be reviewed.

By Hermann A

Oct 17, 2019

It's a very good program that gives a vivid introduction about what data viz with tableau is all about. I am definitely going to complete the whole course.

By Gary C

Apr 16, 2020

Good general overview of why data visualization matters. A little light now how to actually do that in Tableau, but I guess this is just the first course.

By Arun R K

Oct 17, 2019

A total worth of time ! Every second spent in learning .. looking forward to complete the rest of the course. Great Teachers can really make things work.

By JULIE D

Nov 13, 2018

This was a great class to understand the beginnings of visualizations by understanding the data and the questions that you need answered and think about.

By Luis Z

Nov 13, 2017

Great introduction to data visualization. We didn't accomplish much on Tableau just yet, but we gained useful knowledge about the essentials of data viz.

By Fatehvir S

May 12, 2020

Good course to get the knowledge of data visualisation and get a hand on the tableau, This will help you to take you steps into the data analytics field

By Ashish K

Jan 12, 2021

Excellent course to get started with Tableau. I was able to complete the course within a week and felt comfortable navigating my way around Tableau.

By Danielle V

Oct 3, 2020

Finally! A course that I was able to fully grasp and make my first data viz. I really liked the way Desiree' Abbott presents the course materials.

By Shivakumara K A

Jul 4, 2020

Content is really good, coming to hands-on part I really enjoyed it.

Thanks to everyone who is part of this course and helped me in the learning.

By Heather G

Mar 10, 2020

This is a great beginning for learning Tableau. It covers some of the basics, but now I'm looking forward to delving deeper into the application.

By N.Srinivas

Jun 12, 2019

I very much liked the idea of defining problem in terms of "Who/What/How" followed by summary. I'd like to implement such concept in my projects.

By Aya A

Jan 21, 2020

As a beginner with tableau, this course helped me not just with using tableau but also to understand the basic principles of data visualization.

By Janice W

Mar 22, 2019

Excellent professors that really explain the concepts of WHY you do something. Better than the F2F course I took at my local community college.

By Mostafa A

Sep 1, 2017

Course is an excellent introduction to data visualization. and it does a great job in defining what it takes to be a great presenter overall.

By Pratyush A

Aug 27, 2020

Good course to start Tableau. But you will have to create an account on 3 different platforms to finish this course which is not that great.

By Simao ' C

Desiree' is Purely Amazing!! I love her and want to be friends with her in real life!! I highly recommend this class!! Thank you, Desiree!!!

By Nicoletta P

Aug 25, 2020

Basic course that patiently walks you through key Tableau functionalities. Very well paced, with many opportunities to get your hands dirty

By Deirdre D

Mar 17, 2021

Was able to immediately begin using so many of the features of Tableau quickly and easily! Well organized and fun course to get started!

By Yulia

Jan 21, 2021

Amazing cource and reacher! Good explanation, learned fast, without any issuees. So sad that did not find it in the beggining. Thank you!

By Dumitru P

Jun 20, 2019

Great introduction course. I have learned a lot of things that I could not know before about the importance of the right visualizations.