Back to Fundamentals of Visualization with Tableau

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Visualization with Tableau by University of California, Davis

In this first course of this specialization, you will discover what data visualization is, and how we can use it to better see and understand data. Using Tableau, we’ll examine the fundamental concepts of data visualization and explore the Tableau interface, identifying and applying the various tools Tableau has to offer. By the end of the course you will be able to prepare and import data into Tableau and explain the relationship between data analytics and data visualization. This course is designed for the learner who has never used Tableau before, or who may need a refresher or want to explore Tableau in more depth. No prior technical or analytical background is required. The course will guide you through the steps necessary to create your first visualization from the beginning based on data context, setting the stage for you to advance to the next course in the Specialization....

DA
Aug 24, 2020

Am glad I learnt a lot from this module, which I know will sharpen my skills for my chosen career path as a data scientist. Am hoping to learn more new skills to improve on my already existing skills.

HR
May 1, 2017

Amazing course, amazing instructors and assignments. I really enjoyed working with Tableau.\n\nYou may experience some confusion for some assignments but don't worry! Just use the discussion boards :)

101 - 125 of 1,024 Reviews for Fundamentals of Visualization with Tableau

By Luis Z

Nov 13, 2017

Great introduction to data visualization. We didn't accomplish much on Tableau just yet, but we gained useful knowledge about the essentials of data viz.

By Fatehvir S

May 12, 2020

Good course to get the knowledge of data visualisation and get a hand on the tableau, This will help you to take you steps into the data analytics field

By Ashish K

Jan 12, 2021

Excellent course to get started with Tableau. I was able to complete the course within a week and felt comfortable navigating my way around Tableau.

By Danielle V

Oct 3, 2020

Finally! A course that I was able to fully grasp and make my first data viz. I really liked the way Desiree' Abbott presents the course materials.

By Shivakumara K A

Jul 4, 2020

Content is really good, coming to hands-on part I really enjoyed it.

Thanks to everyone who is part of this course and helped me in the learning.

By Heather G

Mar 10, 2020

This is a great beginning for learning Tableau. It covers some of the basics, but now I'm looking forward to delving deeper into the application.

By N.Srinivas

Jun 12, 2019

I very much liked the idea of defining problem in terms of "Who/What/How" followed by summary. I'd like to implement such concept in my projects.

By Aya A

Jan 21, 2020

As a beginner with tableau, this course helped me not just with using tableau but also to understand the basic principles of data visualization.

By Janice W

Mar 22, 2019

Excellent professors that really explain the concepts of WHY you do something. Better than the F2F course I took at my local community college.

By Mostafa A

Sep 1, 2017

Course is an excellent introduction to data visualization. and it does a great job in defining what it takes to be a great presenter overall.

By Pratyush A

Aug 27, 2020

Good course to start Tableau. But you will have to create an account on 3 different platforms to finish this course which is not that great.

By Simao ' C

Desiree' is Purely Amazing!! I love her and want to be friends with her in real life!! I highly recommend this class!! Thank you, Desiree!!!

By Nicoletta P

Aug 25, 2020

Basic course that patiently walks you through key Tableau functionalities. Very well paced, with many opportunities to get your hands dirty

By Yulia

Jan 21, 2021

Amazing cource and reacher! Good explanation, learned fast, without any issuees. So sad that did not find it in the beggining. Thank you!

By Dumitru P

Jun 20, 2019

Great introduction course. I have learned a lot of things that I could not know before about the importance of the right visualizations.

By Vania Y C T

Apr 2, 2019

Instructor its really great, and this course really helps you understand visualization and Tableau as a great tool for present an idea.

By Ahmed K

Jan 11, 2021

Very good course for beginners who have zero experience in Tableau. The instructor teaches the course in a very simple way. Recommend.

By Suzette L

Mar 4, 2018

Excellent introduction to Tableau with great additional material on how to present your data as a story. Very much enjoyed the course

By Ankur S

Oct 28, 2019

Not very practical but how to proceed and how to question yourself before you begin visualization has been explained in a best way

By Jamiil T A

Nov 12, 2018

Nice introduction. You will definetly find the foundation of Visualization on this course and start thinking Vizzes.. Good content

By Srinath S

Sep 24, 2018

A nice, easy initiation into Tableau for a beginner. Lots of interesting material in there, depending on how deep you want to go.

By Mrinal K

May 14, 2020

The course was overall very good but was missing some more hands-on practice, it is well suited for those who are new to tableau

By Archana T R

Oct 5, 2019

A great introduction to Tableau. I wish they went more in-depth into how to draw a line to show an average value on a plot, etc.

By Vijaya L

Apr 5, 2019

As the topic states, the best fundamental course to start learning

Tableau. The instructors were clear in conveying the subject.

By Abhijeet N

Jan 9, 2019

This is course is great for those who are new to the world of visualization as they will walk you across the basics of tableau.