Back to Data Management and Visualization

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Data Management and Visualization by Wesleyan University

4.4

Whether being used to customize advertising to millions of website visitors or streamline inventory ordering at a small restaurant, data is becoming more integral to success. Too often, we’re not sure how use data to find answers to the questions that will make us more successful in what we do. In this course, you will discover what data is and think about what questions you have that can be answered by the data – even if you’ve never thought about data before. Based on existing data, you will learn to develop a research question, describe the variables and their relationships, calculate basic statistics, and present your results clearly. By the end of the course, you will be able to use powerful data analysis tools – either SAS or Python – to manage and visualize your data, including how to deal with missing data, variable groups, and graphs. Throughout the course, you will share your progress with others to gain valuable feedback, while also learning how your peers use data to answer their own questions....

SP

Jun 26, 2018

This is a great course for beginners. The course instructors have arranged the course at a very comfortable pace and this is a great beginning point for anyone who wants to learn SAS or Python.

YW

Jun 11, 2017

This course covers the basic data management and visualization using SAS and Python. I like the simplicity and straightforwardness of the contents. Will continue to explore this specialization.

101 - 125 of 184 Reviews for Data Management and Visualization

By Summer M

Oct 20, 2015

Well presented and useful; assignments mirror lectures

By Dickson O W

Feb 21, 2017

Perfect for beginners

By Jorge J J R

Jan 04, 2016

Great course! Perfect for starting in analysis of data

By José O G S M

Feb 22, 2017

Curso que explica a detalle todas las características del proceso de recopilación y análisis de la información.

By Mb F

Feb 14, 2016

The perfect pace for students new to statistical programming.

By Sreekaavya K

Jul 01, 2018

This was a great course for beginners in Python. I found all the videos to be detailed and helpful in understanding the code and programming in Python

By Drew M

Sep 21, 2018

Lays a good foundation for initiating a research assignment, as well as cleaning and visualizing data.

By César E E O

Oct 31, 2018

Awesome!

By uzoamaka

Nov 20, 2018

I enjoyed every bit of ot

By Devon D

Oct 01, 2018

Great course you will learn skills you can actually apply.

By Arulmani

Oct 10, 2018

Great course to learn the basics of Python and SAS programming.

I loved it. I would highly recommend this course for persons looking to learn python or SAS programming.

Thank you Coursera team for providing such a wonderful platform.

By Jala M

Jul 08, 2019

straight to the point, very good Intro

By Charles E C

Jun 07, 2019

It's an excellent course. I have learnt so much this period

Thanks so much

By PUNARDEEP S J

Feb 24, 2019

Great Course! More information on Panda would have been better.

By KaKa S

Apr 04, 2017

I would prefer more coding example provided by the professor, I will be super useful.

By Abishek M

Nov 12, 2017

IT WAS REALLY USE FULL.

By Abijita D

Jun 22, 2017

good to start SAS or PYthon programming. short period and project due date every weekend is good.

By Boris T

Mar 21, 2016

Simple material, and nicely presented. Good choice for beginners

By Sofía V

Mar 07, 2016

Hace falta que el staff del curso responda las preguntas que se hacen en los foros para que el aprendizaje esté mejor orientado.

By KB

Mar 27, 2018

The early videos in this course are well-done. I have studied this material before, and they provided a valuable "refresher" for me. The later videos attempt to cover too much ground, too quickly. The cross-disciplinary approach contributes to the feeling of confusion. I had also hoped that the data sets provided would be suitable for completing the course assignments. This was not the case, however. The OOL contains variables with many missing responses, and large numbers of response categories; the video examples are for categorical variables with two response categories The final week of the course frustrating, and I was unable to complete the assignment with the information provided.

By Ricardo M

Jul 31, 2016

It is a very nice course, although I was expecting something a little deeper / denser on both statistics and SAS programming. It is getting better on Module 2! =)

By Jaime B

Jan 03, 2016

I really enjoyed this course. Have been using Python for years but never jumped into data management and visualization. This course helped me doing that and presenting results in a beautiful and useful way.

I am not rating with 5 starts because the rating system is cumbersome. I submitted my first assignment late and they were not peers to review my work so I am still waiting after a month of rejoining the course.

By Walter H S P

Feb 17, 2016

I saw little interactions between students and in the discussion list. But I liked to learn a new language!