Back to Data Management and Visualization

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Data Management and Visualization by Wesleyan University

4.4

Whether being used to customize advertising to millions of website visitors or streamline inventory ordering at a small restaurant, data is becoming more integral to success. Too often, we’re not sure how use data to find answers to the questions that will make us more successful in what we do. In this course, you will discover what data is and think about what questions you have that can be answered by the data – even if you’ve never thought about data before. Based on existing data, you will learn to develop a research question, describe the variables and their relationships, calculate basic statistics, and present your results clearly. By the end of the course, you will be able to use powerful data analysis tools – either SAS or Python – to manage and visualize your data, including how to deal with missing data, variable groups, and graphs. Throughout the course, you will share your progress with others to gain valuable feedback, while also learning how your peers use data to answer their own questions....

AS
Jul 15, 2020

In this course we can get many ideas and opportunities of the english and the meaning of many things we used to no many things we should have been working many ideas and then how we should shall have

SP
Jun 25, 2018

This is a great course for beginners. The course instructors have arranged the course at a very comfortable pace and this is a great beginning point for anyone who wants to learn SAS or Python.

151 - 175 of 229 Reviews for Data Management and Visualization

By Anand K

Jun 9, 2020

This course teaches about he basics of how to visualise, manage and manipulate data based on our hypothesis. It also entails different approaches to handle categorical and quantitative data. At the end it teaches how to interpret conclusions from the data. But I find it brief, little more description and practical examples and assignments could be better to hand good handson.

By Alina C

Jun 26, 2017

It's a great course, but I would have preferred a bit more in-depth working with Python. Not all the coding examples and instructions apply to all the suggested datasets and one has to do a bit of extra research at times. But all in all, this course takes you through the most important steps of doing data analysis and visualization.

By Abhijeet M

Apr 26, 2020

The course is well placed for beginners. Although I think there could be much more in the course as visualization also means plotting time series data and understanding the behavior of signals. If the course had more content and materials other than limited to histograms and bi-variate plots, I would have given 5 stars.

By Asier

Mar 10, 2016

The content is easy to follow and is clearly explained without adding unnecessary complexity at this entry level. This specialization reaches its goals. Instead of trying to over achieve it keeps things simple.

I would recommend taking the "Data Science Specialization" as the next step.

By Michela C

Mar 16, 2020

The course requires to submit 4 assignments in which you can apply the basic skills learnt with SAS or Python. This is useful to effectively learn how to use these softwares. The course is clear and complete, although it provides with basic skills only

By Praneeth K

Aug 2, 2016

This course is very good especially for beginners getting started with SAS or python for data analytics. The lessons are very clear and easy to understand. Learnt a lot of valuable information and also enjoyed it.

By Ricardo M

Jul 30, 2016

It is a very nice course, although I was expecting something a little deeper / denser on both statistics and SAS programming. It is getting better on Module 2! =)

By Paul S

May 18, 2016

Choosing an actual research question allows you to find a topic of interest. This makes the content more meaningful and accelerates understanding of the concepts.

By Nur R T A Z

Aug 25, 2020

Overall the course was great because it taught me a lot about the "analysis logic". From this course I know how analysis a data visually using python language.

By Aderonke A

Sep 18, 2018

This course was a great one, i had no know of python when i started, during the course i was a able to run my first python program. I really learnt a lot.

By Sami N

Jan 8, 2017

Cours très intéressant sur la gestion et la visualisation des données mais ça serait beaucoup mieux d'approfondir un peu le contexte de ce cours.

By RAMBELOSON S

Jun 14, 2016

It was a great course for me! It gives a very important basic of statistic & visualization.

I really appreciated the way it was presented.

By Adam A

Jun 8, 2020

it's a good course but i didn't like the fact that we learn how to calculate the relation between variables in the end of the course.

By Sofía V

Mar 6, 2016

Hace falta que el staff del curso responda las preguntas que se hacen en los foros para que el aprendizaje esté mejor orientado.

By Walter H s P

Feb 17, 2016

I saw little interactions between students and in the discussion list. But I liked to learn a new language!

By Kshitiz T

Dec 30, 2015

It is one of the most structured course that I have ever seen On line and is very simple to understand.

By TATHAGAT C

Jun 5, 2020

1 star deducted because python code given is jurassic era. Please renew the codes provided. Thank you.

By Steffen L

Apr 17, 2018

good basics, explanations can be a bit long winded. like we know what a mean, mode, and median are.

By Abijita D

Jun 22, 2017

good to start SAS or PYthon programming. short period and project due date every weekend is good.

By Samuel O

Mar 6, 2017

The instructions for submitting through Tumblr are not specific enough, especially after Week 1.

By Caroline P

Nov 10, 2020

This is a good course, but a little bit hard for beginners in Python and in the Pandas library.

By Lalitha S J M

Apr 13, 2017

Excellent course. I do recommend this course for anyone who is interested in analytics.

By KaKa S

Apr 3, 2017

I would prefer more coding example provided by the professor, I will be super useful.

By Boris T

Mar 21, 2016

Simple material, and nicely presented. Good choice for beginners

By PUNARDEEP S J

Feb 24, 2019

Great Course! More information on Panda would have been better.