Back to Visual Analytics with Tableau

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Visual Analytics with Tableau by University of California, Davis

In this third course of the specialization, we’ll drill deeper into the tools Tableau offers in the areas of charting, dates, table calculations and mapping. We’ll explore the best choices for charts, based on the type of data you are using. We’ll look at specific types of charts including scatter plots, Gantt charts, histograms, bullet charts and several others, and we’ll address charting guidelines. We’ll define discrete and continuous dates, and examine when to use each one to explain your data. You’ll learn how to create custom and quick table calculations and how to create parameters. We’ll also introduce mapping and explore how Tableau can use different types of geographic data, how to connect to multiple data sources and how to create custom maps....

AG

Aug 20, 2017

Through this course learner can efficiently learn about dual layer maps, dual axis, creating calculated fields and many more. Thanks for such a great platform to learn and for great instructors.

DP

OH I LOVE THESE COURSES. SUCH VALUABLE KNOWLEDGE, I AM INTRIGUED.\n\nI AM A BIT JEAOLUS ON TO WHY I DID NOT FUMBLE UPON THIS WEBSITE BEFORE AS AN INVESTMENT BANKING MD.

26 - 50 of 238 Reviews for Visual Analytics with Tableau

By Gunjari B

Jun 18, 2018

A great intro to all charts and types with insights on which charts to use when, lectures are a bit pacy but quite informative! It would help to align the lectures of each week to the assignments and a to maintain standard data source without discrepancies.

By Sumit C

Jun 26, 2019

This particular course of the specialization was great. The basic aspect of visualization was demonstrated very well & the work on assignments was a great aid to help understand the key concepts of various Charts, Color, Shape, Size, Type of Data, etc

By Bijoy M

This is a highly recommended course to develop skills in Tableau analytics. All the contents are well-managed, elaborately described and easy to understood. Practice assignments will help to easily grasp the techniques. Thanks to the instructor.

By Kevin A H T

Apr 25, 2020

Best of the 3 courses so far, shouldn't be third in the specialization. If you don't have time to complete the specialization or if you want just an overview of both simple and cool things to do in tableau this is the course you want to take.

By M G

Sep 11, 2020

This is a very effective course. Videos are short but understandable full of contents, also assignments are super clear and useful. This is the third one but I feel that I startad mastering Tableou in this course.

By Anna M

May 05, 2020

I really enjoyed all the Specializations, professors are really motivated and the courses are all well structured! I recommend it to anyone wants to learn about visualizations, also a Tableau is a great tool!

By Florian B

Apr 12, 2018

Good intro to Tableau. The instructor is crystal clear. The case study is pretty good, it's very satisfactory to understand at the end what is wrong with this company.

By Ashutosh K S

May 18, 2019

It was effective and simple to learn few concepts which can be fruitful for my future projects. However calculated fields should have been discussed more in detail.

By deepak p

OH I LOVE THESE COURSES. SUCH VALUABLE KNOWLEDGE, I AM INTRIGUED.

By Olivia M

Nov 05, 2017

The course is very clear and easy to learn. Teacher is great! The tasks are well designed. By completing the tasks one by one, our Tableau skills grow gradually.

By Jamiil T A

Apr 24, 2019

Very hands on course. I can now answer some business problem through visual analytics. I highly recommend the course . And once again thanks to all instructors.

By Sy Y W

Jan 03, 2018

So Far, This is a Very Good course design. However, if it is possible, more practice assignment will be much better for learning and improving the skill.

By Nitin K

Nov 26, 2018

this course is really nice for beginner because you get hands on with the tableau pretty easily as instructor illustrated in a very good manner.

By Neeraj K

Jun 01, 2020

this is course is excellent where we learn not only from the videos but the hands-on and the assignment are very helpful to learn the topic

By George O

Nov 14, 2019

very informative. the lecturer was highly knowledgeable about the subject. you will learn more skills and tips in tableau visual development

By Marco v d L

Mar 23, 2018

My favorite course in this series. Interesting topic and well presented. All the information and techniques can be used in everyday work.

By Alejandro M

Apr 07, 2017

I really enjoyed this course. It is completely practical. A lot of exercises. Presentations were well organized and focused on the topics

By Deepan K

Nov 04, 2017

this Course gives the Complete Knowledge about Visualizations in tableau.

Wonderful!!

Thanks for this course!! Mr. Sukh Brar

By Jean-Baptiste C

Aug 18, 2020

Most meaningful of the 5 course series thus far. Extra focus needed on tableau tips and tricks, especially calculations.

By Margaret T

Aug 02, 2018

Loved this course. This brought the dashboard and story functions all together. Thank you for making this so enjoyable.

By Pallavi P

Oct 10, 2019

The course is great. It would be great if there is 1 h lecture or exercise session with lot of different examples

By Anne B N

Aug 02, 2019

o curso é rápido e muito útil. recomendo a quem quer aprender mais e melhor sobre visual analytics no Tableau

By Jerry C

Jul 15, 2020

Instructor did a very good job of structuring the content and presented it in a logical and linear fashion.

By Prudha J

Aug 01, 2019

This is the best course. I felt like attending in-class training. It was very informative and technical.

By Ricardo A

Jun 30, 2017

Excellent Material and Assignments give you a good basis to start exploring the capabilities of tableau.