Back to Data-driven Decision Making

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Data-driven Decision Making by PwC

Welcome to Data-driven Decision Making. In this course you'll get an introduction to Data Analytics and its role in business decisions. You'll learn why data is important and how it has evolved. You'll be introduced to “Big Data” and how it is used. You'll also be introduced to a framework for conducting Data Analysis and what tools and techniques are commonly used. Finally, you'll have a chance to put your knowledge to work in a simulated business setting. This course was created by PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP with an address at 300 Madison Avenue, New York, New York, 10017....

BH

Apr 23, 2020

An excellent course journey for this subject - Data Driven Decison Making, very good content with relevant case assignment and they are paced comfortably to allow me as learner to grasp the knowledge.

CE

May 10, 2018

Great high-level introduction into what big data is, how data & analytics is impacting business decision making, and how PwC uses data & analytics to improve the quality of work delivered to clients.

676 - 700 of 905 Reviews for Data-driven Decision Making

By Kamran T

Nov 12, 2019

A very good course by Coursera, it briefly discusses nearly all major concepts, current technologies and challenges in big data. The focus is on developing a basic understanding so that the students are able to improve decision-making by deploying appropriate tools.

By Shira B

Nov 15, 2018

Good overview of data analytics and how data can be used for decision-making. The pacing could be a bit better (slow on the front end and packs a lot of information into the last couple of weeks), but overall the information is good and helpful in many contexts.

By Tanvi J

Dec 06, 2019

It was very basic for the most part, there was also a lot of fluff. The best part was when they went over the major platforms such as SAS, Python, R, and VBA that was something new to me that I didn't know. The framework was also somewhat useful to know.

By Alina D

Nov 14, 2017

I don't find discussion assessment helpful, it's better to recommend more read/video/media sources instead of it. And final project is late to wait. Eventually the course is useful and helped me a lot to structure my thoughts. Thank you in advance!

By Tanya S

May 04, 2020

The videos were nice. The final project was really innovative and helped us understand the business scenarios and how to apply our learnings in a very effective way. I am looking forward to detailed study on use of tools to achieve the same.

By Imtiaz A

Apr 10, 2020

Nice learning opportunity for beginners. It is a great platform to understand the basics of Big data analytics. The pedagogy is very simple yet informative. The simulation and case project is a great way to test your learning.

By Khalid A A

great information , you can understand very well the Data Driven Decision making broadly with a lot of teaching videos , material and quiz.

id like this course exam and final project its very challenge but ideal for learning

By Ravindra

Dec 26, 2019

Course was good, covered wide variety of topics, and gave 10000 feet view of the data driven decision making process. It would have been better if there was a deep dive on one of the aspects of decision analysis framework

By Maks M

Jan 21, 2020

The course gives a good horizontal overview of the field, but maybe lacks some in-depth case study that applies the mentioned methodologies. Overall still is a great course and I would recommend it to anyone interested!

By LeRoux T

Dec 22, 2017

It started with quite a bit of theory but really enjoyed the later assignments and discussions. It really opened my mind as to the possibilities of data analytics especially from a accounting / finance point of view.

By Kushal B

Apr 24, 2020

Course was informative and provide background about Data and Decisions based on Data Analysis. I would liked more detailed information for beginners reading data and interpreting data. However, overall satisfactory.

By Zhuo Z

Apr 18, 2020

it says that I need to be active in helping people in this course,,,,hahaha, if you need me to review your assignment , just leave a message and your link , I'll review your assignment as soon as possible...🤝🍀

By Andrew K

Apr 05, 2018

I enjoyed the course and thought the pace and content was excellent. The only reason I did not give 5 stars was because I thought the case study criteria was not presented before the assignment was given.

By Drasti D

Oct 23, 2018

Good course to learn how to begin with any raw data we receive. To get a rough idea on where to get the data from? how to use them? and what analysis can we use to derive at a particular decision.

By Fernando R P

Apr 04, 2018

Excellent course for beginners or currently professionals in the world of data management. Everything that we do generates data nowadays so I will recommend everyone to take this educative course.

By Eylon K

Apr 13, 2020

Very good course, material is mostly well explained and laid out. Highly recommended!

Some audio and captions mistakes here and there.

Course glossary is not expensive enough and missing some terms

By Manoj S

Nov 08, 2017

Good basic level understanding of analytics. It would have been better to have studied some of the analytical techniques by doing practical problems, to get a better grasp of how exactly does the

By Ahsan M

Mar 21, 2017

It is a good introduction to data analytics techniques and methodologies. However, I think there is over-repetition of basic points which undermines the more subtle, yet significant, points.

By Aija O

Nov 30, 2017

Very-well structured and very interesting course. I did not realise before that social media created data can bring insights and can be a useful source of data for business strategies.

By Xiangyi L

Apr 04, 2020

I like it but don't know if I am dumb or it is too vague from my actual life I don't think I had the deeper understanding of this. However I did know the basic procedure and a picture

By Robert F

May 30, 2017

I was hoping for a deeper dive into the framework but it was still a very wothy course. Thank PwC for putting so much effort into the creation of this fantastic learning experience.

By Alvaro E

Nov 03, 2017

Good introduction to the world of data, analytics and big data.

A bit too much PwC pitch.

The chapter were the analysis techniques are explained could do with better examples.

By Pauline P

May 05, 2020

Great class, well strucured with relevant content and illustrations. It's a great introduction on how useful data can be for companies and what are the most used tools.

By Harigovindan

Apr 18, 2020

Gives a Top view of the Data driven decision Making. Overall helps in developingg an appreciation and helps one to navigate on creating a Business Analytics Strategy.

By Joshua G

Jan 09, 2018

I found this course well structured and covered many foundation principles of data analysis. Regular quizzes throughout assisted in retaining the information learned.