Back to Living with Dementia: Impact on Individuals, Caregivers, Communities and Societies

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Living with Dementia: Impact on Individuals, Caregivers, Communities and Societies by Johns Hopkins University

Health professionals and students, family caregivers, friends of and affected individuals, and others interested in learning about dementia and quality care will benefit from completing the course. Led by Drs. Nancy Hodgson and Laura Gitlin, participants will acquire foundational knowledge in the care of persons with Alzheimer’s Disease and other neurocognitive disorders....

AA
Sep 14, 2019

A multidimensional look at community support for dementia. With the growing number in dementia, families and communities need to be more focused on including the person with dementia. Good learning.

ZZ
Apr 25, 2019

I felt this course expanded the information I already understand regarding dementia care. I have already implemented several things learned from this course in the memory care unit I lead in a SNF.

51 - 59 of 59 Reviews for Living with Dementia: Impact on Individuals, Caregivers, Communities and Societies

By Shankar l

Jul 13, 2020

very helpful and knowledgeable lecturers and now i thought there is lots of need to awareness sessions and program for dementia in our community

By Constanza D R G

Jun 27, 2017

Buen curso para las personas que se están interiorizando en el ámbitos de las demencias.

By steve v

Jan 7, 2018

Très bon contenu, très didactique. Niveau infirmier.

By Carlota M

Jul 23, 2020

The course doesn't seem up-to-date. Additionally there are a lot of contents (mainly articles) that students can only access the abstract and not the full article. Finally, the estimated time of reading some documents is fairly undercalcuted and it should be adjusted.

Overall i think that 5 weeks a very good length of training duration but it would be even better if it could be more healthcare professional focused (more specific and not so high level)

By Astrid

Aug 17, 2020

I found the practical examples and basic info on dementia very useful but the broader statistics and policies are interesting but not very useful. I felt that the assignments and some of the quizzes were not very enriching.

By E. J L

Sep 3, 2017

Some helpful points.

By Aishia H

Recommend reducing the modules and the activities within the modules. Improve the modules with true/false questions. This course was quite long.

By rebekah T

Jul 24, 2017

good information but quite boring

By Frank V

Apr 28, 2018

They want 50 bucks to take the course. I make min wage working in the field and they want me to pay $50 for their course so I can show my employer that I deserve min wage.