Back to Introduction to Dental Medicine

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Dental Medicine by University of Pennsylvania

The mouth is the window into human health. This course provides an overview of dental medicine to engage, educate, excite and assist you in improving the oral health of your patients and members of your community. We will review topics in dental medicine including scope of the field, what to expect in function, and some of the many ways that dysfunction may present for different patients. This will include discussions of mouth, jaw, and tooth anatomy, pathology, and treatment. We will talk about differences between patients and the unique roles that different members of the dental field may play in treatment depending on the patient and condition. This course starts from basic concepts and proceeds to review trends in current research and technology. We offer scientific background, some skills for patient evaluation and interview, and some suggestions for further learning for those interested in or involved in dental education....

GG
Feb 10, 2017

THE COURSE WAS AWESOME.IT HAS ALL THE NECCESSARY INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR A DENTIST TO REVIEW ALL WHAT HAS BEEN TAUGHT AT DENTAL SCHOOL LEVEL.I THOROUGHLY ENJOYED MY TIME WHILE PURSUING THIS COURSE.

EN
Jun 28, 2020

As a dental student, I would like to say that the course contributed a lot to the beginning of my career. I will certainly recommend it to many of my friends. I am very grateful for this opportunity

226 - 250 of 251 Reviews for Introduction to Dental Medicine

By Portia N

Jun 14, 2020

I am only 16, and yet I was able to complete this course with ease. Its great for if you want an insite into Dentistry. I would really recommed it, I thoroughly enjoyed the content.

By Mohammad I C

Really helped me a lot in learning the basics of dental medicine. Thanks to coursera and learned experts of dental medicine to organize such courses.

By Latika b

Sep 7, 2020

Very informative course... i had gained much knowledge regarding oral health.....thanks to the teachers and practitioners of oral health .

Jul 2, 2020

one can also add everyday pharmacology related to dentistry. overall a very summarised introduction and helps revising basics.

By Neha M

Sep 10, 2016

It is quite helpful for everyone but for professionals it is superficial and I wanted it to be more explanatory with examples.

By Suellen G

Aug 12, 2020

Avaliei em 4 estrelas, pois não era sempre que tinha legenda em português o que dificultou um pouco ao meu ver.

By Ilse A T

Jan 14, 2020

The last 2 chapters or weeks are very long, at some point it became boring and mentally exhausting.

By Mahak S

Jun 25, 2019

Thank you for such great course ...it really enhanced my knowledge and interest towards dentistry

By Mohamed a m a

Jan 4, 2019

great effort, thanks very much i hope there will be advanced course for dental professionals

By Tala A

Sep 16, 2017

I wish they had more exciting information. It was basically a revision to everything I took.

By David V

Dec 2, 2020

Opened my eye to a whole new world of health, the oral cavity affects the entire body.

By Ellie R

May 5, 2020

It was not too hard and gave me a good reason to get up and do my work every day.

By Linda P

Aug 17, 2020

I liked the course ,but get rid of the introductory music ,too long and annoying

By Harsha S

May 1, 2019

It was a wonderful experience learning this course. Thanks!

By Ashley F

Apr 24, 2021

La información muy útil pero las traducciones regular.

By mark p

Jul 13, 2017

OK

Presentation a little 'robotic'

By Dr M B

Jul 24, 2020

I am glad to do this course.

By John B W

Jun 23, 2018

very informative

By Lee M J

Sep 16, 2018

Good

By Конева К

непонятно, на кого ориентирован курс. для профессионалов освежить знания (тогда почему не освещены все темы, разделы, кратко все группы заболеваний?), или для пациентов чтобы ознакомиться (тогда зачем подробно про гистологию, про этапы обследования, отсутствие рекомендаций и списка симптомов каждой рассмотренной патологии). некоторые картинки плохого качества, будто фотографии двадцатилетней давности. некоторые темы очень подробные, некоторые вообще не освещены.