Back to Introduction to Dental Medicine

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Dental Medicine by University of Pennsylvania

The mouth is the window into human health. This course provides an overview of dental medicine to engage, educate, excite and assist you in improving the oral health of your patients and members of your community. We will review topics in dental medicine including scope of the field, what to expect in function, and some of the many ways that dysfunction may present for different patients. This will include discussions of mouth, jaw, and tooth anatomy, pathology, and treatment. We will talk about differences between patients and the unique roles that different members of the dental field may play in treatment depending on the patient and condition. This course starts from basic concepts and proceeds to review trends in current research and technology. We offer scientific background, some skills for patient evaluation and interview, and some suggestions for further learning for those interested in or involved in dental education....

GG
Feb 10, 2017

THE COURSE WAS AWESOME.IT HAS ALL THE NECCESSARY INFORMATION REQUIRED FOR A DENTIST TO REVIEW ALL WHAT HAS BEEN TAUGHT AT DENTAL SCHOOL LEVEL.I THOROUGHLY ENJOYED MY TIME WHILE PURSUING THIS COURSE.

EN
Jun 28, 2020

As a dental student, I would like to say that the course contributed a lot to the beginning of my career. I will certainly recommend it to many of my friends. I am very grateful for this opportunity

51 - 75 of 241 Reviews for Introduction to Dental Medicine

By José T F

Apr 2, 2020

A very complete course, that integrates all the information needed in order to understand and gain the necessary knowledge in order to become a health care professional.

By khaled a

Jun 11, 2017

awesome course that i highly recommend for dental students and also normal non-dental student thought they might find few difficulties in matching up with some terms :)

By CHARIS A P

Feb 10, 2019

Although the final quiz was quite challenging, i found the course over the past 7 weeks to be quite remarkable and fascinating, thank you for this unique experience

By Pruthvishkumar P

Jan 24, 2021

Quite informative yet concise and precise course content. Makes the course-taker think like a dental professional giving them a test of the vastness of the field.

By Ana K V E

Nov 27, 2019

It was a very insightful course, I really liked how well explained it was, and the fact that the professors have real life experience with what they are teaching.

By Kelly H

Dec 29, 2017

Some parts are a bit tough for me, but on the whole, this course is informative and the content is well arranged. Thanks a lot for filming the online course!

By Zachary H

Oct 10, 2016

Great course if you are looking at dentistry as a future career. Learned a lot within the 7 weeks and really appreciate the work to put this course together.

By Melodie O

Oct 8, 2016

Thank you so much for the amazing lectures! I can't emphasize enough to say how the course really helped me to engage myself in the field of dental medicine!

By Cemile B

Feb 26, 2021

Nice course! It wasn't a intense one, doesn't take too much time which is really good. It is a beginner level but yet you learn so much things. Thanks you!

By Mrthula M

Nov 7, 2020

The syllabus is very well organized and the concepts are explained in a simple and clear manner. I found this course interesting and very useful.

By Leena S

Mar 5, 2019

Excellent course for beginners and practising dentists alike. Very detailed and informative. Looking forward to seeing more courses on dentistry.

By Kauser p

Oct 5, 2020

I enjoyed the course specially flexible timing, instructors way of teaching. This course helped to improve my knowledge about dental medicine.

By Alexandra D

Oct 12, 2016

Highly recommend this course for all dental professionals. Even though I am a dental hygienist, I have learnt so much by taking this course. 5/5

By Katia M

Sep 9, 2017

A very interesting course thought by great tutors! I highly recommend this course to others who would like to gain more knowledge in dentistry.

By Anh M T

Sep 28, 2020

This course provides an overview of dental medicine to educate, excite, and ... for further learning for those interested in dental education.

By Eva A

Excellent course, easy to understand, interesting and covers a lot about dental medicine. Hope whoever takes it, does pursue a dental career.

By 장호 최

Aug 25, 2019

This lecture helped me expand my knowledge as well as my interest in dentistry. The professors were considerate in explaining each concept.

By kobin l

Jun 1, 2020

Not easy, not hard, just right for me to understand my dental health, and after so many years ignorance.

Thanks so very much,

Best Regards,

By Liane C W C

great exposure to someone who has zero experience regarding the dental field! clear explanation and wide variety of real life examples.

By Elif B

Nov 5, 2019

It is a very beneficial course for every dental student or dentists to overview and learn basic fundamental knowledge about dentistry.

By Dylan B

Jun 23, 2016

Excellent course for Pre-Dental students interested in learning fundamentals. I put it on my application for dental school this cycle.

By Gabriela V M

Jun 3, 2020

Absolutely magnificent! It enriched my passion for the dental field. Will definitely recommend it to any aspiring dental student

By Gaby S R

Nov 8, 2020

This course was very informative and I appreciate the input of every professor. This course was a big help for me. Thanks again

By Bianca G

Apr 26, 2018

It is a great course, if you are a dental student it helps you to refresh your knowledge, well explained , and great material.

By Giselle S

Mar 24, 2017

Objective course and well illustrated, many case examples. Excellent course and very well organized. Highly recommend!