Back to Design Principles: an Introduction

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Design Principles: an Introduction by University of California San Diego

What makes an interface intuitive? How can I tell whether one design works better than another? This course will teach you fundamental principles of design and how to effectively evaluate your work with users. You'll learn fundamental principles of visual design so that you can effectively organize and present information with your interfaces. You'll learn principles of perception and cognition that inform effective interaction design. And you'll learn how to perform and analyze controlled experiments online. In many cases, we'll use Web design as the anchoring domain. A lot of the examples will come from the Web, and we'll talk just a bit about Web technologies in particular. When we do so, it will be to support the main goal of this course, which is helping you build human-centered design skills, so that you have the principles and methods to create excellent interfaces with any technology....

NS

Mar 17, 2016

The basic principles of design and their philosophies were covered well in this course, and it was taught in a quick, efficient manner. I liked undergoing this course and would recommend it.

AB

Aug 28, 2016

This course was very informative and well structured. I feel like the concepts stacked and that by the end I had a better understanding surrounding the "why" behind a lot of these concepts.

1 - 25 of 144 Reviews for Design Principles: an Introduction

Jan 14, 2019

Great information and exercises

By Jared G

Jan 22, 2019

Really helpful information on user testing in here and what to avoid.

By Non A

Feb 28, 2019

The instructor is very good and the materials are intuitively interesting.

By LIU S G

Mar 29, 2019

great hands-on assignments help understanding the topic

By Giny C

Mar 31, 2019

This course is a bit challenging for students without mathematical backround. Yet, the lecturer illustrates the idea of mathematics part in a simple way so that art students can also understand the course material. I enjoy this course very much :)

By Isabel L

Feb 03, 2019

I really enjoyed this course. It was good at introducing a lot of new ideas and basic principles.

By Ilya G

Mar 04, 2019

I finally understood how to evaluate hypothesises. Great!

By Hemant A

Oct 24, 2015

Good One... there are few rough edges but a good start

By paula m r

Aug 30, 2015

Scott Klemmer is always the best

By Khairul A

Feb 09, 2016

Superb breadth of the content.

By Mario O J R

Jan 21, 2016

Such a great and intersting course!

By Peer D

Aug 15, 2016

I love it , 5 Stars, but -

1) Please ad the functionality to zoom into posted pictures!

2) Please more further reading material or videos linked

Thanks!

By Leonel M D

Dec 07, 2016

This is a well-designed course with assignments from which one can learn a lot. It is only 3 weeks long so it is very accesible. In particular I enjoyed week 2 where topics about typography, spacing, layout of contents etc., were addressed.

By yashar k s

Oct 04, 2016

Best Course

By Salvatore C

Jul 06, 2017

Great course! Little bit too difficult for the last part!

By Natalia M

Feb 12, 2018

Great material. very practical

By Yash M

Aug 07, 2016

An essential course for any job in the field of Design, it teaches the core concepts such as Typography, Colour, Positioning, Spacing, etc. and requires one to work hard on the assignments.

By Tamella H

Sep 26, 2017

This is my 3rd class in this specialization and I experienced some issues from peer graded assignments. I had to edit it again because some of the answer that were completely correct been selected as incorrected from the peers. It took me extra time and I think it could be avoided by having more mentors for grading process too. That is the only pitfall, otherwise it was in a good way very challenging course.

By Nina K

Apr 04, 2016

I found the information and the references in this course very valuable.

By Daniel G

Nov 29, 2016

Good introduction.

This course was verry useful for me

By Vanessa T

Jun 10, 2016

Great course!

By Paul B

Sep 16, 2016

This is an excellent course.

By Milutin P

Mar 18, 2016

A really good course - much more concrete and in-depth than the previous one in the specialization.