Back to Design Principles: an Introduction

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Design Principles: an Introduction by University of California San Diego

What makes an interface intuitive? How can I tell whether one design works better than another? This course will teach you fundamental principles of design and how to effectively evaluate your work with users. You'll learn fundamental principles of visual design so that you can effectively organize and present information with your interfaces. You'll learn principles of perception and cognition that inform effective interaction design. And you'll learn how to perform and analyze controlled experiments online. In many cases, we'll use Web design as the anchoring domain. A lot of the examples will come from the Web, and we'll talk just a bit about Web technologies in particular. When we do so, it will be to support the main goal of this course, which is helping you build human-centered design skills, so that you have the principles and methods to create excellent interfaces with any technology....

PV

Nov 22, 2019

The course was simple and crisp yet covered it all - interaction, visual and usability. Liked the duration of the videos followed by reading material that covered the highlights of the topic.

NS

Mar 17, 2016

The basic principles of design and their philosophies were covered well in this course, and it was taught in a quick, efficient manner. I liked undergoing this course and would recommend it.

26 - 50 of 150 Reviews for Design Principles: an Introduction

By Peer D

Aug 15, 2016

I love it , 5 Stars, but -

1) Please ad the functionality to zoom into posted pictures!

2) Please more further reading material or videos linked

Thanks!

By Dipanshu S

Jun 25, 2018

A very insightful introductory course on design principles. It also provides a lot of useful external resources to further deep dive into the topic.

By Karen H

Oct 05, 2017

I liked particularly the course about running web experiments with A/B testing and learning a lot about comparing data with chi-square testing.

By Ninfa N O

Jan 30, 2020

I love it! The last week was a little difficult and I have some troubles understanding the Chi-square table. But i think was pretty great.

By Vipin S

Sep 26, 2017

Awesome learning throughout the course. Lectures and professor are great to learn from. It was easy to understand everything.

By Sam D

Feb 08, 2018

I liked this course - new ideas and formalisation of techniques... a nice mix of hard and soft skills in the assignments.

By Traci B

Jun 12, 2018

I really enjoyed this segment of the course, it made me pay more attention to the not so mundane things around me!

By Sviatlana M

Nov 16, 2015

After this course my interest in web design is increased and all material was very useful. I liked examples too.

By Kate Y

Feb 13, 2016

Very interesting course. Lots of information is considered. Lots of example that makes everything clear.

By Caroline V

Oct 25, 2018

Very good course! A mix of graphic design and probabilities, this is very interesting and useful! Thanks!

By Milutin P

Mar 18, 2016

A really good course - much more concrete and in-depth than the previous one in the specialization.

By Isabel L

Feb 03, 2019

I really enjoyed this course. It was good at introducing a lot of new ideas and basic principles.

By Ana M A

Jan 31, 2017

It was great. The tasks where challenging, the explanations were simple and concrete. I loved it.

By Tam N

Jun 27, 2018

very well-designed assignments which I learn a lot. More reading resources would be appreciated.

By Ymmannuelle V

Aug 03, 2017

I enjoyed this course as the exercises allowed me to put into practice what I've learned.

By Daniela T

Jun 08, 2017

This course was really interesting by incorporating research and analysis techniques.

By Non A

Feb 28, 2019

The instructor is very good and the materials are intuitively interesting.

By Alexander D

Jun 29, 2017

Great. So much good information here, and fantastic, relevant assignments.

By Nina K

Apr 04, 2016

I found the information and the references in this course very valuable.

By Jared G

Jan 22, 2019

Really helpful information on user testing in here and what to avoid.

By MARIA A F A

Feb 07, 2016

It's great to help you get insights about basic principles of design.

By Xiaohan Z

Jul 06, 2017

I have learned a lot from this course. Thank you so much Scoot.

By Alfredo H

Jul 20, 2018

Great course. Good feed back from other class peer reviews.

By Salvatore C

Jul 06, 2017

Great course! Little bit too difficult for the last part!

By Jesse L

Aug 21, 2016

Great course loaded with a well planned spread of topics.