Back to Design Principles: an Introduction

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Design Principles: an Introduction by University of California San Diego

What makes an interface intuitive? How can I tell whether one design works better than another? This course will teach you fundamental principles of design and how to effectively evaluate your work with users. You'll learn fundamental principles of visual design so that you can effectively organize and present information with your interfaces. You'll learn principles of perception and cognition that inform effective interaction design. And you'll learn how to perform and analyze controlled experiments online. In many cases, we'll use Web design as the anchoring domain. A lot of the examples will come from the Web, and we'll talk just a bit about Web technologies in particular. When we do so, it will be to support the main goal of this course, which is helping you build human-centered design skills, so that you have the principles and methods to create excellent interfaces with any technology....

NS

Mar 17, 2016

The basic principles of design and their philosophies were covered well in this course, and it was taught in a quick, efficient manner. I liked undergoing this course and would recommend it.

YM

Aug 07, 2016

An essential course for any job in the field of Design, it teaches the core concepts such as Typography, Colour, Positioning, Spacing, etc. and requires one to work hard on the assignments.

26 - 50 of 142 Reviews for Design Principles: an Introduction

By William H R

Nov 16, 2015

This course raised my awareness of the design of everyday objects that I had always taken for granted before. It's definitely a great intro course into design -- and to raise everyone's awareness about how things are presented to the user -- and why that matters so much.

By deepika j

Sep 01, 2015

e

By Audra B

Aug 28, 2016

This course was very informative and well structured. I feel like the concepts stacked and that by the end I had a better understanding surrounding the "why" behind a lot of these concepts.

By hsu y

Jan 19, 2017

This course give me more information and knowledge about how to do design and the basic design principle ! It's simple and helpful get starting of design.

By Sviatlana M

Nov 16, 2015

After this course my interest in web design is increased and all material was very useful. I liked examples too.

By Muhammad A I

Apr 12, 2017

Learnt alot of new things even though I'd say i've got experience in this field. Evaluation and conducting interviews as part of principles is a fresh way to look at how we understand design! :) Recommended.

By siva p

Aug 31, 2016

Excellent.Learned three distinct set of skills. 1) Product design that makes the job easy for the user. 2)Elements of importance in designing layout for soft screen 3)Conducting experimental studies on users.Great course!!! Good teaching Scott...

By Susanne D

Oct 04, 2015

I enjoyed this course a lot. Very useful information about basic design principles (within subject design, between subject design, online studies, etc). Also good to catch up and remember things from past studies.

By Pratik

Feb 20, 2016

很好的课程,喜欢

By Huibin W

Sep 11, 2015

this class is really cool!

By Md. F H

Sep 23, 2015

Really a nice course for a UX beginner!

By Ana M A

Jan 31, 2017

It was great. The tasks where challenging, the explanations were simple and concrete. I loved it.

By Jingyi G

Jul 06, 2017

Excellent material

By Louis S

Dec 15, 2015

Another great course, it was challenging.....

By Lea M S

Sep 21, 2016

Fantastic course! Learned a lot from it - both theoretically and practically. The hands on exercises were very smart and applicable. I'm left with a lot more interest in the subject, a bunch of books for ruther reading and some new tools under my belt. Thanks!

By Karen H

Oct 05, 2017

I liked particularly the course about running web experiments with A/B testing and learning a lot about comparing data with chi-square testing.

By MARIA A F A

Feb 07, 2016

It's great to help you get insights about basic principles of design.

By Daniela T

Jun 08, 2017

This course was really interesting by incorporating research and analysis techniques.

By YG

Dec 28, 2017

Fantastic course. Really enjoy learning it.

By Sandy B