Back to Designing, Running, and Analyzing Experiments

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Designing, Running, and Analyzing Experiments by University of California San Diego

3.6

You may never be sure whether you have an effective user experience until you have tested it with users. In this course, you’ll learn how to design user-centered experiments, how to run such experiments, and how to analyze data from these experiments in order to evaluate and validate user experiences. You will work through real-world examples of experiments from the fields of UX, IxD, and HCI, understanding issues in experiment design and analysis. You will analyze multiple data sets using recipes given to you in the R statistical programming language -- no prior programming experience is assumed or required, but you will be required to read, understand, and modify code snippets provided to you. By the end of the course, you will be able to knowledgeably design, run, and analyze your own experiments that give statistical weight to your designs....

PP
Nov 17, 2020

One of the best courses I have taken in relation to UX. Very good design, engaging lectures and examples, and well designed exams. I learned alot and enjoyed listening to Dr. Webbrock. Kudos to him.

MS
Nov 28, 2020

Great course.\n\nHighly recommended. It was very clear and I'm very thakful because there were many subjects I only understood partially before this course but are now very clear to me.

51 - 75 of 201 Reviews for Designing, Running, and Analyzing Experiments

By Victoria D

Aug 13, 2019

Great course on experimental design providing a detailed overview of running and interpreting factorial ANOVAs beyond the 'standard' t-test and chi-squared test. Given that the bulk of the assessment is based on analysis of experiment data in the R programming environment , I can see why this course may be challenging for those without programming or statistical knowledge.

By Gez Q

Oct 2, 2016

Excellent course. Very well organised. Challenging yet satisfying. Jacob Wobbrock is a very good tutor and despite the complex nature of the course material, he is engaging and thorough in his approach but leaving just enough for the student to explore and practice on their own. Very enjoyable. Thanks

By Timo S

Mar 3, 2018

This course was an deep dive into data analytics and designing experiments for analytics. Although there was a great requirement to perform the tests by yourself - which i guess some designers don't appreciate - it still was an exciting and challenging experience!

By Lance F

Mar 17, 2018

Great course! Very applied and less theoretical which is great in understanding how to analyze experiments without getting too deep into the theory. Would love a follow up course that dives deeper into the mechanics of the functions used in this course!

By Olena B

Jun 27, 2016

It's a great course. It is very well structured and provides a foundation of research and I am glad that it is a part of Interaction Design specialization. However, might be extremely challenging for people without Statistics experience.

By Giny C

Jun 2, 2019

A challenging but very fruitful course.

If you do not have sufficient statistics background, you will find it much more challenging and need to pay much effort on it.

Having said that, you can learn a lot of practical and useful concepts.

By Maria A

Dec 1, 2016

This is a thorough course, but was way harder than I expected. I needed to understand the experiment design more than to learn R programming language. I am glad I did, but it was hard for me and took a lot more effort than anticipated.

By Flores-Andrade, E

Jan 3, 2020

Excelente curso. Todos lo temas fueron explicados muy bien. Los comando R muy prácticos. Ejemplos reales. Lo único que me gustaría es que presentaran un libro para profundizar en los conceptos estadísticos y ejemplos prácticos.

By Jonathan A S

Jun 22, 2017

A very complete tour of methods for analyzing experimental results using R. Its more about practice than theory, but it filled in crucial gaps in my knowledge and I expect what I learned will be very valuable moving forward.

By Parul K

Jul 19, 2017

Great course, easy to comprehend various tests/models and their usage! Definitely recommend to anyone running A/B tests. Would be nice to have a short video on which tests are related to multivariate testing.

By Anna R

May 18, 2017

It was very helpful for me, thank you! I thought that I will never be able to make this challenging course, but after completion I think that I have courage to design, run and analyze experiments on practice!

By Faraz A K

Mar 10, 2019

as a first introduction to the analytical side of quantitative/ qualitative experimentation amazing course, pulls you in... it is tough and requires more time than what is mentioned... but totally worth it.

By Pariya

Nov 18, 2020

By Maria d C D S

Nov 28, 2020

Great course.

By Dylan S

Jun 4, 2017

This was really useful. The course was well structured and provided excellent real-life examples that are easily transferrable to other scenarios. Keep it up!

By Maria P

Jul 17, 2019

Very difficult content of the module, but the teacher explained the issues clearly. Tests were also helpful in understanding and mastering the material.

By kinsley n

Jul 5, 2020

Great and Challenging course material. The course will make it easy for you to understand what kind of experiments to conduct in different scenarios.

By Beatrice S

The only course worth doing in this course series. Very clear to the point and helps to learn a bit of statistics that you can use.

By Wirawan A

Mar 14, 2021

Very good course! A comprehensive overview on how to conduct experiments and various analyses. Very helpful for my PhD research!

By ZHUO W

Jul 25, 2017

Have to watch three times to keep up because it is really hard for people without former experiences... Anyway it is worth it

By Jon T

Apr 17, 2017

Really great course on statistical tests for experiments. The long quizzes are a little annoying, but helpful in the end.

By Abril G

May 5, 2021

This course is the best of all. Jacobo put a lot of effort into designing the exercises and videos in R. I

By Do H L

Aug 17, 2016

Awesome! Analytics is what I like. Design doesn't always have to be about graphics and drawings and arts.

By Tushar G

Apr 9, 2020

THE best course in the interaction design specialization. Not even kidding. Try for yourself.

By Noor S R

Aug 1, 2018

Should cover how to select sample for experiments and perform experimental design test